Windows 10: my computer has a black screen after i updated my bios

Discus and support my computer has a black screen after i updated my bios in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been trying to deal with the black screen issue for the last 2 days with no success. I don't have a 2nd monitor to try and resolve the "phantom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Anotida, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Anotida Win User

my computer has a black screen after i updated my bios

I've been trying to deal with the black screen issue for the last 2 days with no success. I don't have a 2nd monitor to try and resolve the "phantom screen" issue if it is in fact sending a signal to a non-existent monitor. I don't have a way to reset to the previous OS.

It wasn't my idea to update and now I'm stuck with this black screen and a cursor that can do nothing.

If anyone has any other tricks up their sleeves, I could really use the help.

:)

Anotida, Sep 11, 2016

2. Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

After updating from 2018-01 Windows 10 version 1709 (KB4056892). When Computer rebooted after install was complete my computer booted back to the bios boot screen and went straight to a Solid Black Screen. And I noticed that the power button
    below my monitor went from Green to yellow and there was a solid black screen with no cursor and I was unable to log in.

I have left my Computer running for an hour after it went to the black screen. Upon checking it after an hour nothing has changed. So I manually rebooted my Computer and it restored back to original install.

My Computer is currently working normally but is prompting me to run the update again which I did do the second time and it did the same thing after the update installed and the computer rebooted back to a black screen again.

So I manually rebooted my Computer a second time and it restored back to original install. So at this time I have done everything from disconnecting the video cable from the monitor and carefully re connecting it back and it went to a normal screen
    at first and the went back to a black screen.

KevinThomas1, Sep 11, 2016
  3. ChapChap1 Win User
    Windows 10 after fall update looks for floppy drive a boot

After windows 10 fall update my computer is looking for a floppy at boot. My computer has never had a floppy drive. I go into the BIOS and change to no floppy and save on exit, but when it boots it goes to black screen looking for that floppy drive and
    changes are not saved. As anyone else had this problem?

ChapChap1, Sep 11, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

Turn off PC, unplug power chord from outlet, push and hold start button for 10 seconds.....remove side panel, find CMOS battery and remove it for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, reverse the above process and turn on PC.

Plankton, Sep 11, 2016
Thema:

1. my computer has a black screen after i updated my bios - Similar Threads - computer has black

2. Black screen after a BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after a BIOS update: I updated BIOS on my old asus fx505dy. Update was completed and the computer restarted, but now its stuck on the black screen after the asus logo. I can get into BIOS again and have restored default settings or whatever. CMOS reset didn't work. Can someone help me out here? I...
  3. Black screen after a BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after a BIOS update: I updated BIOS on my old asus fx505dy. Update was completed and the computer restarted, but now its stuck on the black screen after the asus logo. I can get into BIOS again and have restored default settings or whatever. CMOS reset didn't work. Can someone help me out here? I...
  4. Computer black screens after bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer black screens after bios: Hello I am have done about everything I currently can so I need more advice. I recently installed a second internal ssd and now my computer black screens after bios buy I can get it to enter repair mode through my USB drive with windows. Last night I did a clean install and...
  5. Computer black screens after bios

Computer black screens after bios: Hello I am have done about everything I currently can so I need more advice. I recently installed a second internal ssd and now my computer black screens after bios buy I can get it to enter repair mode through my USB drive with windows. Last night I did a clean install and...
  6. My computer has black screen

My computer has black screen: So my computer has black screen. 1 waited 13 minutes for it to do something but it nothing happens. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-black-screen/7a60dbb4-a80b-4d2e-ae6c-ea2471c99c96
  7. My computer has black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has black screen: So my computer has black screen. 1 waited 13 minutes for it to do something but it nothing happens. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-black-screen/7a60dbb4-a80b-4d2e-ae6c-ea2471c99c96
  8. Black screen after bios update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after bios update: On my lenovo ideapad 520 laptop, i received a request notification for BIOS update.. Before starting update, as mentioned there, I stopped all othe applications and hit start update. The laptop then went for restarting and after restart opened a bios mode. There I received...
  9. Black screen after bios update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after bios update: I updated the bios on my asus rog motherboard but when it hit 100% it restarted my pc but wouldnt display anything. I have tried resetting my cmos which did not work. Computer turns on just fine but no display on my monitor. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly...
  10. my computer has no background (black screen)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer has no background (black screen): I have tried searching for a solution but all the solutions don't work for me. I use windows 10 pro I am able to use ctrl alt delete I am able to load task manager I can use run through task manager but shortcut doesn't work cmd doesn't load and closes my task manager...