Windows 10: my computer has a virus thats renaming my applications and is adding v at the front of my...

Discus and support my computer has a virus thats renaming my applications and is adding v at the front of my... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; my computer has a virus thats renaming my applications and is adding v at the front of my exe names any exe on my pc now has a lowercase v in front of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by diamondemperor, Jul 21, 2020.

1. my computer has a virus thats renaming my applications and is adding v at the front of my...

my computer has a virus thats renaming my applications and is adding v at the front of my exe names any exe on my pc now has a lowercase v in front of its name and most of the applications will become hidden

:)

diamondemperor, Jul 21, 2020
  2. macdaddyc Win User

My computer has a virus

So there's two issues:

1) My computer has a virus with the svcvmx program and anything related to it. My antivirus won't start or download. I've tried everything possible I could but nothing is happening.

2) My Internet will connect but there's no Internet. I've tried to troubleshoot but its saying that my Ethernet and WiFi drivers aren't working when in actuality they're gone from the Device Manager list.

macdaddyc, Jul 21, 2020
  3. simrick Win User
    My computer has a virus

Hi.
    You can try Kyhi's Recovery Tool, but you'd have to get to another working computer to download it, and make a boot-able flash drive/DVD.
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

In the Tool, he has a wifi connection wizard which should work for you, (with the standard drivers in there), and you can run Malwarebytes Antimalware from the Tool (be sure to check the settings box to scan for rootkits). This is especially beneficial, because you'll run MBAM while the operating system is offline; making it easier to remove the infection while it's inactive.

Perhaps a friend or neighbor has a computer you can borrow to download the Tool? Then boot to it, connect to the internet (if you can), update the virus definition database for MBAM, and run a full scan on the OS drive. If you're unable to connect to the internet, simply run MBAM as is - the existing virus database may be enough to render the infection harmless.

Once complete, an in-place repair, as zbook suggests, would probably be in order.

Note: The infection you mention would not disable your internet connection, because it's Adware, and requires an internet connection to perform its tasks. Something else is going on with your system. *Sad

Remove the Svcvmx.exe Trojan

simrick, Jul 21, 2020
  4. NorfolkIT Win User

my computer has a virus thats renaming my applications and is adding v at the front of my...

My computer has a virus

check you have not got any proxy settings setup redirecting you and set it to automatically detect settings.

win + R inetcpl.cpl and the select connections lan settings, Next

check the hosts file is clean by going to the command prompt and type the following command.

type C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

once you have checked those settings you can go ahead and install a fresh copy of your network drivers

at this point I would then attempt to enable F8 menu and boot into safe mode with networking enter the following command in command prompt.

Enter the following command
    bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

this will give you the F8 menu options back when you reboot.

when finished you can put them back to normal

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard

now you check your anti virus with updates if this fails login to a boot environment using an anti virus of your choice.

my computer has a virus thats renaming my applications and is adding v at the front of my... [​IMG]

also another thing to check if this fails go to win + R services.msc and check that the network connection services are running

my computer has a virus thats renaming my applications and is adding v at the front of my... [​IMG]

Hope this helps some if you have any questions please just ask.

NorfolkIT, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

my computer has a virus thats renaming my applications and is adding v at the front of my...

1. my computer has a virus thats renaming my applications and is adding v at the front of my... - Similar Threads - computer has virus

2. rename my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rename my computer: i want to rename my computer from ZZQWINKY TO LEHULU K https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-my-computer/2bd9ef45-7d6f-488d-8cbc-0a74eff7082d
  3. rename my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rename my computer: i want to rename my computer from ZZQWINKY TO LEHULU K https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-my-computer/2bd9ef45-7d6f-488d-8cbc-0a74eff7082d
  4. My computer has virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer has virus: I touch computer when i have COVID does my computer have virus???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-computer-has-virus/6683940a-d2ec-476f-85ea-5521507e0ba8
  5. Virus in my computer

Virus in my computer: Good evening my name is Christopher Tidwell, I need help catching this virus in my computer or there are a few actually. I would like to get in contact with Microsoft Security Response Center about catching these viruses and collecting the bounty. If somebody could please...
  6. Is My Computer Has A Virus?

Is My Computer Has A Virus?: What Is Happening In My Computer? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-my-computer-has-a-virus/5569b8ed-6365-4b26-b3b2-cb218fcf76e3
  7. My computer has an undetectable virus on it

My computer has an undetectable virus on it: Hi, I have a windows 10 computer and the Norton Antivirus. My computer fans started spinning loudly, and my monitor went black. Upon restarting my computer two command prompts popped up. I have ran a full system scan with Norton and haven't found anything my program files...
  8. My Computer has a nasty virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Computer has a nasty virus: I think the virus is called Win 10 and it keeps reinstalling malware that goes by several names: Bing there are several forms of this malware, xBox, Your Phone and so on. Any tips on how to prevent this nasty, nasty virus from updating every few days? Thank you...
  9. My Computer Has An Ugly Virus

My Computer Has An Ugly Virus: I'm going to try to give as much information as possible so please bare with me when it comes to length. I have an hp Envy dv7 64 bit. I've had it for about 4 years. I hadn't had it long before my son accidentally kicked it off a crate that I have it sitting on for well...
  10. My computer has a virus

My computer has a virus: So there's two issues: 1) My computer has a virus with the svcvmx program and anything related to it. My antivirus won't start or download. I've tried everything possible I could but nothing is happening. 2) My Internet will connect but there's no Internet. I've tried...