Windows 10: My computer has a virus

Discus and support My computer has a virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So there's two issues: 1) My computer has a virus with the svcvmx program and anything related to it. My antivirus won't start or download. I've... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by macdaddyc, Jul 30, 2017.

1. macdaddyc Win User

My computer has a virus

So there's two issues:

1) My computer has a virus with the svcvmx program and anything related to it. My antivirus won't start or download. I've tried everything possible I could but nothing is happening.

2) My Internet will connect but there's no Internet. I've tried to troubleshoot but its saying that my Ethernet and WiFi drivers aren't working when in actuality they're gone from the Device Manager list.

:)

macdaddyc, Jul 30, 2017

2. If my computer has a virus will it effect the download upgrade to Windows 10?

They are likely to migrate over. I have the same delta home hijacked web page from previous builds I upgraded from.

Download ESET Removal tool

Burn it to a CD or create a bootable USB thumb drive with it:

Tools and Utilities

ESET SysRescue Live is a live Linux distribution that can scan for malware
    and clean infected files. It runs from a CD/DVD or a USB device, independently of the host operating system, but has direct access to the disk and file system. This makes it possible to remove threats that under normal operating conditions might be impossible
    to delete.

Download and Create your ESET SysRescue Live disk

You can also try doing a system restore before you started experiencing this problem:

How To Use System Restore in Windows

There are some that will hide your files/folders so that you cannot see them normally. I would highly suggest running a scan of your computer with your antivirus/antimalware software. If you need it, you can also use the Microsoft Safety Scanner, it's free:

Safety Scanner - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

Also, if your files are hidden, please see the following article on how to unhide them:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Show-hidden-files

Andre Da Costa, Jul 30, 2017
  3. If my computer has a virus will it effect the download upgrade to Windows 10?

It may or may not. If you are on a qualifying OS you should be OK but you may want to get rid of the virus first

Please download the free version of Malwarebytes.
    Update it immediately.

Do a full system scan

Let us know the results at the end.

Antivirus, Anti-Spyware, & Anti-Malware Software

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 30, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

My computer has a virus

Had you already used Zemana Antimalware?

If you had not already used it follow the steps in this link:
    How to remove Svcvmx.exe adware (Virus Removal Guide)

Without internet access see if you can install on a flash drive.

If you cannot do any of the above consider an in place upgrade repair to restore the operating sytem/drivers/internet and then using Zemana Antimalware and Malwarebytes.

Download Windows 10

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

zbook, Jul 31, 2017
  5. macdaddyc Win User
    Well, I don't have any Internet cause the drivers are missing and its hard to download on my phone.

macdaddyc, Aug 2, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    You can try Kyhi's Recovery Tool, but you'd have to get to another working computer to download it, and make a boot-able flash drive/DVD.
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

In the Tool, he has a wifi connection wizard which should work for you, (with the standard drivers in there), and you can run Malwarebytes Antimalware from the Tool (be sure to check the settings box to scan for rootkits). This is especially beneficial, because you'll run MBAM while the operating system is offline; making it easier to remove the infection while it's inactive.

Perhaps a friend or neighbor has a computer you can borrow to download the Tool? Then boot to it, connect to the internet (if you can), update the virus definition database for MBAM, and run a full scan on the OS drive. If you're unable to connect to the internet, simply run MBAM as is - the existing virus database may be enough to render the infection harmless.

Once complete, an in-place repair, as zbook suggests, would probably be in order.

Note: The infection you mention would not disable your internet connection, because it's Adware, and requires an internet connection to perform its tasks. Something else is going on with your system. *Sad

Remove the Svcvmx.exe Trojan

simrick, Aug 2, 2017
  7. simrick Win User
    simrick, Aug 2, 2017
  8. Borg 386 Win User

My computer has a virus

You could give RKill a try. You'll need to d/l it on a different computer you have access to that has a net connect. RKill attempts to terminate malware processes running in the background. Once the process is terminated, your AV or other malware scanner may be able to weed it out.

I would suggest under the circumstances that you download several different filenames of the program, being that this malware is apparently limiting any programs that could remove it from running.

If you run this, do NOT to reboot after it has run. Instead run your AV or any malware scanners you may wish to use.

RKill Download

Borg 386, Aug 3, 2017
  9. NorfolkIT Win User
    check you have not got any proxy settings setup redirecting you and set it to automatically detect settings.

win + R inetcpl.cpl and the select connections lan settings, Next

check the hosts file is clean by going to the command prompt and type the following command.

type C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

once you have checked those settings you can go ahead and install a fresh copy of your network drivers

at this point I would then attempt to enable F8 menu and boot into safe mode with networking enter the following command in command prompt.

Enter the following command
    bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

this will give you the F8 menu options back when you reboot.

when finished you can put them back to normal

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard

now you check your anti virus with updates if this fails login to a boot environment using an anti virus of your choice.

My computer has a virus [​IMG]

also another thing to check if this fails go to win + R services.msc and check that the network connection services are running

My computer has a virus [​IMG]

Hope this helps some if you have any questions please just ask.

NorfolkIT, Aug 3, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    Consider the following:
    Find a computer that you can install:
    1) Zemana antimalware
    2) Rkill
    3) any other software known to eradicate the malware
    4) purchase a hardware enclosure (they are inexpensive)
    5) place the affected drive into the hard drive enclosure
    6) run the antimalware programs on the affected drive

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

My computer has a virus

1. My computer has a virus - Similar Threads - computer has virus

2. My computer has virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer has virus: I touch computer when i have COVID does my computer have virus???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-computer-has-virus/6683940a-d2ec-476f-85ea-5521507e0ba8
  3. computer has a 'PUA:Win32/Creprote' - virus

computer has a 'PUA:Win32/Creprote' - virus: computer has a 'PUA:Win32/Creprote' - virus in the apps section which will not respond to being removed or quarantined? It is slowing my computer down a lot How do i get rid of it?...
  4. Is My Computer Has A Virus?

Is My Computer Has A Virus?: What Is Happening In My Computer? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-my-computer-has-a-virus/5569b8ed-6365-4b26-b3b2-cb218fcf76e3
  5. My computer has an undetectable virus on it

My computer has an undetectable virus on it: Hi, I have a windows 10 computer and the Norton Antivirus. My computer fans started spinning loudly, and my monitor went black. Upon restarting my computer two command prompts popped up. I have ran a full system scan with Norton and haven't found anything my program files...
  6. My Computer has a nasty virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Computer has a nasty virus: I think the virus is called Win 10 and it keeps reinstalling malware that goes by several names: Bing there are several forms of this malware, xBox, Your Phone and so on. Any tips on how to prevent this nasty, nasty virus from updating every few days? Thank you...
  7. a seemignly strong virus has entered my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a seemignly strong virus has entered my computer: earlier today i downloaded a crack for pdfelement (stupid me), and so many apps started downloading on my computer. eventually i checked my windows defender security and the virus protection is turned off (real-time protection etc.) and every time i try to turn it on, it asks...
  8. My Computer Has An Ugly Virus

My Computer Has An Ugly Virus: I'm going to try to give as much information as possible so please bare with me when it comes to length. I have an hp Envy dv7 64 bit. I've had it for about 4 years. I hadn't had it long before my son accidentally kicked it off a crate that I have it sitting on for well...
  9. Computer Has a Virus, Cannot Get In

Computer Has a Virus, Cannot Get In: I am in a large pickle here. My computer has a virus which makes it keep typing apostrophe's, which prevents me from logging in. The key is not sticky, and I also tried a different keyboard. Whenever I shut it off, the light flashes on the power button, and when I start it...
  10. Computer slow and potentially has viruses.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer slow and potentially has viruses.: So this computer is very slow and It probably has viruses. Windows starts up and cmd.exe starts up. This computer should be running faster than it is right now. I have a 32bit computer windows 7 and it runs faster than this. Someone help. 31870