Windows 10: My Computer Has An Ugly Virus

Discus and support My Computer Has An Ugly Virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm going to try to give as much information as possible so please bare with me when it comes to length. I have an hp Envy dv7 64 bit. I've had it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tifanity Moore, Nov 28, 2018.

1. My Computer Has An Ugly Virus

I'm going to try to give as much information as possible so please bare with me when it comes to length.

I have an hp Envy dv7 64 bit. I've had it for about 4 years. I hadn't had it long before my son accidentally kicked it off a crate that I have it sitting on for well ventilated. It was banged it up pretty good, slightly separating the monitor from the keyboard. I had been using it that way for months before the monitor no longer worked. I ended up hooking the laptop to a television using that as the monitor. I enjoyed that set up even better. The only thing I can see that could be considered a down fall is I'm on Windows 8 and when the update for Windows 8.1 came my computer updated but I lost the ability to use the television as a monitor. It was as if the television didn't recognize the laptop was connect. According to my research, Windows 8.1 does not support using a TV as a monitor. I was sad until as I looked for a solution, I got a message that the download was unsuccessful and my computer reverted back to 8.1.

The reason for me asking for help today is my computer will not allow any windows to fully open up. If I open Chrome, I can see it in the task tray {I think that's what you call the bar at the bottom that you can pin shortcuts to} but if I hoover my cursor over the activated icon the little preview window is available but when I click it, nothing. This goes for every application on my computer right now. This includes the run command, task manager, browsers, folders in file explore, I can't run any anti malware apps or virus app because the window won't open all the way up so I can give permission. I have even downloaded Adwcleaner to a flash drive from another computer and try to open it on the infected computer, that was a fail.

When I boot/start my computer, I don't see the initial starting of Windows, that screen is black with no cursor. The only reason I can sign in is because my computer is password protected or I can use my print. The print light flash indicating to me that I can sign in with my finger. I can't put this thing in safe mode to save my life. I have tried: reboot and hitting F8, holding shift while clicking restart, ctrl+shift+esc, and the one i was told to do last night: turn off my computer and wait 2 minutes then restart it by holding down the F9 key and it should asked if you want too reboot the system and start it in the safe mode. Nothing. Except for once, I did the hold shift and click restart, I feel like it was in safe mode because what would be the task bar was grey briefly and then the screen went black. After not being able to do anything I just started the device over. I even tried signing in as a guest which was a risk, my computer didn't want to sign in. The reason I tried signing as a guest because a long time ago I had a 2 day bout with a virus on a desk top, what saved me was signing in as a guest. I was able to run the anti virus application at the time. I tried this and I was able to open up Chrome for about 30 seconds before I couldn't open it. It was active but I could get the window to open all the way up. I want to remove the password and see what happens then but I'm nervous. The black screen with no cursor is intimidating. This is why I came here first.

A couple things that's even more odd to me. In the bottom right corner of the task tray used to be my clock, the wifi indicator, volume control, and the little compartment that shows what's running is all gone. Also, when I check Google Chrome on any other devices it's like I have either unsynced my Chrome from other devices or all my password have been erased. I can't use Teamviewer or Anydesk for someone to remotely help me. Do anyone have any suggestion. I miss my daily only activity. Please Help!!!!!!!

:)

Tifanity Moore, Nov 28, 2018

2. computer virus

i think me computer has a virus when i start it up there are no short cuts or task bar( thing with the start button) any suggestions on how to fix it? thanxs

L: email-martinjurewicz@hotmail.com

i nEeD HeLp, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Clean the Virus

Hi,

Virus infection usually happens on a computer when it is exposed to an infected website or removable devices. For us to help you clean the malware on your device, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Did you encounter any error messages related to having a virus infection on your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running any available antivirus software on your PC. It would be very helpful to us if you could also provide the result of the antivirus scan process.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

My Computer Has An Ugly Virus

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

My Computer Has An Ugly Virus

1. My Computer Has An Ugly Virus - Similar Threads - Computer Has Ugly

2. My computer has virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer has virus: I touch computer when i have COVID does my computer have virus???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-computer-has-virus/6683940a-d2ec-476f-85ea-5521507e0ba8
  3. Ugly Fonts and Ugly spacing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ugly Fonts and Ugly spacing: In the Desktop screen, everything is dispayed as it should be.Normal and easy to use.But in Explorer and Bing, the Font is changed to an UGLY Font with BIG charaters and BIG spacing.Can I change the Font and spacing in Windows 11?TIA...
  4. Ugly Fonts and Ugly spacing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ugly Fonts and Ugly spacing: In the Desktop screen, everything is dispayed as it should be.Normal and easy to use.But in Explorer and Bing, the Font is changed to an UGLY Font with BIG charaters and BIG spacing.Can I change the Font and spacing in Windows 11?TIA...
  5. Is My Computer Has A Virus?

Is My Computer Has A Virus?: What Is Happening In My Computer? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-my-computer-has-a-virus/5569b8ed-6365-4b26-b3b2-cb218fcf76e3
  6. My computer has an undetectable virus on it

My computer has an undetectable virus on it: Hi, I have a windows 10 computer and the Norton Antivirus. My computer fans started spinning loudly, and my monitor went black. Upon restarting my computer two command prompts popped up. I have ran a full system scan with Norton and haven't found anything my program files...
  7. My Computer has a nasty virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Computer has a nasty virus: I think the virus is called Win 10 and it keeps reinstalling malware that goes by several names: Bing there are several forms of this malware, xBox, Your Phone and so on. Any tips on how to prevent this nasty, nasty virus from updating every few days? Thank you...
  8. a seemignly strong virus has entered my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a seemignly strong virus has entered my computer: earlier today i downloaded a crack for pdfelement (stupid me), and so many apps started downloading on my computer. eventually i checked my windows defender security and the virus protection is turned off (real-time protection etc.) and every time i try to turn it on, it asks...
  9. My computer has a virus

My computer has a virus: So there's two issues: 1) My computer has a virus with the svcvmx program and anything related to it. My antivirus won't start or download. I've tried everything possible I could but nothing is happening. 2) My Internet will connect but there's no Internet. I've tried...
  10. Computer slow and potentially has viruses.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer slow and potentially has viruses.: So this computer is very slow and It probably has viruses. Windows starts up and cmd.exe starts up. This computer should be running faster than it is right now. I have a 32bit computer windows 7 and it runs faster than this. Someone help. 31870