Windows 10: My computer has locked up after update nothing is working

Discus and support My computer has locked up after update nothing is working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop has locked up nothing is working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoJones3, Jan 13, 2019 at 1:37 AM.

1. JoJones3 Win User

My computer has locked up after update nothing is working

My laptop has locked up nothing is working

:)

2. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 13, 2019 at 1:46 AM
  3. Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 13, 2019 at 1:46 AM
  4. My computer has locked up after update nothing is working

computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

Thema:

My computer has locked up after update nothing is working

1. My computer has locked up after update nothing is working - Similar Threads - computer has locked

2. My computer has locked up after update nothing is working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer has locked up after update nothing is working: My laptop has locked up nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-locked-up-after-update-nothing-is/e0ed7936-e4ab-4b61-9885-e4a036cbf999
  3. computer locking up

computer locking up: Hi - Windows installed updates two days ago, and since I have been having issues with it completely locking up. Should I try to roll back the latest updates? Thanks, Christina...
  4. Nothing (and I mean nothing) is working on my computer. PLEASE HELP ME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nothing (and I mean nothing) is working on my computer. PLEASE HELP ME: Okay, so. I couldn't access my start menu (every time I clicked it, it would come up 'critical error' and then log me off). I literally tried everything to resolve this issue. I ended up giving my computer a factory reset because I was about to smash my face into my monitor....
  5. Computer locks up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer locks up: I am using windows 10 with the most recent update. My Computer is a HP PC. The error I am getting is a lockup displaying the following message www.windows.com/stopcode stop kernel mode trap Ntfs.sys How can I fix this problem? I can turn the computer and reboot and it...
  6. The last update locked up my computer

The last update locked up my computer: I received a message "no boot disk found". Thus, I had to reboot by disconnecting the boot drive, then restarting the PC, then turning it off after I receive the said message, and then reconnecting the boot drive and restarting. My last update was on September 11,...
  7. Nothing working after update, constant freezing

Nothing working after update, constant freezing: After I updated both of my computers I own with the most recent update, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WORKS. It's constantly freezing, taskbar refuses to acknowledge any action, desktop shows no acknowledgement of anything even hovering over with the mouse, no apps or programs work...
  8. Computer random lock ups after fall update

Computer random lock ups after fall update: I've checked the event log and it doesn't tell me enough. Here are the errors from the last crash: Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate: 11/6/2017 9:45:35 AMEvent ID: 41Task Category: (63)Level: CriticalKeywords: (70368744177664),(2)User:...
  9. My computer is locking up now

My computer is locking up now: I installed a PCI usb3.0 card yesterday and today the computer is constantly locking up cant do anything except power down and restart, also my computer updated win 10 to the newest build 2 day's ago 14291 rs1 160314 2254. Im not sure which is causing the issue I might have...
  10. computer locking up

in Windows 10 Support
    computer locking up: I have installed windows 10 successfully. I later downloaded a sample javascript app (Simple imaging sample) which is zipped from the Microsoft dev centre. The computer is unable to open unzip the file. When I click on down loads with file explorer the system freezes while a...