Windows 10: my computer has no background (black screen)

Discus and support my computer has no background (black screen) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have tried searching for a solution but all the solutions don't work for me. I use windows 10 pro I am able to use ctrl alt delete I am able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Callum Cooke, Jan 13, 2019.

1. my computer has no background (black screen)

I have tried searching for a solution but all the solutions don't work for me.

I use windows 10 pro

I am able to use ctrl alt delete

I am able to load task manager

I can use run through task manager but shortcut doesn't work

cmd doesn't load and closes my task manager

explorer.exe doesn't load

rgedit doesn't work and closes task manager

I have tried restarting my pc, shutting it down and switching it on and loading it in safe mode and it hasn't worked

:)

Callum Cooke, Jan 13, 2019

2. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Marivel Man, Jan 13, 2019
  4. my computer has no background (black screen)

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

my computer has no background (black screen)

1. my computer has no background (black screen) - Similar Threads - computer has background

2. My computer has a black screen, help me .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer has a black screen, help me .: About my computer: Device name DESKTOP-FTT063F IntelR CoreTM i3-4005U CPU ; Processor @ 1.70GHz 1.70 GHz ; Installed RAM 2.00 GB 1.89 GB usable ; Device ID 25923FC1-03CD-4AE3-A44B-815B02DAE3B7 ; Product ID 00331-10000-00001-AA700 ; System type 32-bit operating system,...
  3. My computer has black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer has black screen: So my computer has black screen. 1 waited 13 minutes for it to do something but it nothing happens. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-black-screen/7a60dbb4-a80b-4d2e-ae6c-ea2471c99c96
  4. My computer has black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has black screen: So my computer has black screen. 1 waited 13 minutes for it to do something but it nothing happens. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-black-screen/7a60dbb4-a80b-4d2e-ae6c-ea2471c99c96
  5. Computer has black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer has black screen: I need some help with my computer. I have an American Megatrends start up logo, where it shows Press Del and Esc to setup, and right after that passes it's just a black screen. My mouse doesn't appear, nothing. Before the login. Another weird thing I noticed is when I turned...
  6. Black background on both my computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black background on both my computers: submitted by /u/YutiorPrime [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqu5nn/black_background_on_both_my_computers/
  7. Start Screen only has Black Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Screen only has Black Background: For some reason, my Start Screen's background is solid black instead of showing my themed image. I have tinkered with the personalization settings but nothing seems to help. I am using Windows 365 and this problem promulgates across all four of my computers. Yesterday it...
  8. Background black screen

Background black screen: I made a folder with a bunch of pictures i use for a background slideshow and some pictures wont load. When i tried to set the picture for the background it automatically sets it to a black background. What do i do?...
  9. Black background color/ starter screen has changed

Black background color/ starter screen has changed: I am having problems with my computer. I logged on and the home screen has changed. I no longer can see my apps, the background is black. I have tried changing the color from the settings. It is set on black and I can not click any colors. Under the Personalization section, I...
  10. computer screen has black bar

computer screen has black bar: My computer screen is black on the left. My display is not going all the way to the edges of the monitor. How do I fix this? I Can't find the setting....