Windows 10: My computer has started frequently crashing, I need some help troubleshooting

Discus and support My computer has started frequently crashing, I need some help troubleshooting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. I posted here a few weeks ago because I was having some trouble with my computer crashing, the issue seemed to go away, but it has now returned. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by push_start_to_rich, Apr 25, 2020.

1. My computer has started frequently crashing, I need some help troubleshooting

Hi. I posted here a few weeks ago because I was having some trouble with my computer crashing, the issue seemed to go away, but it has now returned. I have more information and will explain what I have tried.

The crashes seem to happen most often when the system is idle, however I have seen it crash while I am working or had programs running. I mostly use my computer for browsing the web Youtube, Reddit, often have dozens of tabs of misc. websites with Microsoft Edge, running virtual machines with VirtualBox and VMWare, light-medium photo editing with Photoshop, and playing games Minecraft, First-Person shooters, light simulators. The crashes usually occur idling, but they have become more erratic recently.

Here is what I have tried Fully updated Windows versions 1909 and 2004, without optional updates:

- Removed all internal drives except my boot drive Research told me they may be a problem

- Booted to safe mode Does not crash

- Switched to display driver from ASRock No versions seem to fully support version 1909, acrylic effects are unsupported Cannot tell if that fixed the issue

- Reinstalling latest AMD display driver causes crashing

- Updated BIOS

- Previous diagnostics have pointed to a problem with a component going to sleep Not entirely sure

My PC specs:

- AMD Ryzen 7 2700x No overclock

- AMD Radeon RX 580 No overclock

- ASRock X470 Master SLI/AC

- Intel NVME/PCIe 1TB SSD

- 16GB 2400mHz RAM I think it's G-Skill

- 700w PSU

Here are the most recent DMP files created: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqxEMH2XuF6DrCYKNPXWP7ChaY47?e=Yw9EH2

Some information that might be related:

- The computer often gives a hardware error while going into sleep mode or when the display times out, requires a manual reboot

- Plugging in some USB devices creates very loud bitcrush sounds, which seems to be from grounding Does not apply to the blue USB port, may be USB3 or powered

- Rebooting the system sometimes causes no display, no USB, or sometimes no external devices at all

- I have replaced all of the internals of this machine due to related or unrelated issues

- I have manually checked that all the components are compatible

Thank you for any help you can provide. My PC seems to be a problem that always comes up, and I just want to put an end to it, or at least find the source of the problems so I can know what to do.

:)

push_start_to_rich, Apr 25, 2020

2. My computer crashes frequently when starting a fullscreen application or bluestacks

Hi Anantha,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

The VIDEO_TDR_ ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000116. This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.

I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.

If still the issue persist then follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: Also I suggest you to update all the drivers (Display drivers) from the device manager and check if it helps.

• Press ‘Windows+X’ and go to ‘Device Manager’.
    • Then you can right click on each driver and update it.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 25, 2020
  3. keakar Win User
    Computer wont start :'(

take everything but the cpu off of the motherboard and start like a new build following my guide, when you get to the step that isnt working look at it for your problem.

yes it sounds too simple but often you need to go back to basics to find things.

Guide to computer assembly and troubleshooting: Step by Step Troubleshooting Guide

keakar, Apr 25, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

My computer has started frequently crashing, I need some help troubleshooting

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

My computer has started frequently crashing, I need some help troubleshooting

1. My computer has started frequently crashing, I need some help troubleshooting - Similar Threads - computer has started

2. I need help to start my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to start my computer: So I was converting from MBR to gpt to turn on uefi bios but then when I restarted it showing no bootable device found plz insert one and try again. Can anyone help me with this...
  3. I need help to start my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need help to start my computer: So I was converting from MBR to gpt to turn on uefi bios but then when I restarted it showing no bootable device found plz insert one and try again. Can anyone help me with this...
  4. I need help with frequent crashes and BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with frequent crashes and BSOD: Hi, Lately I am frequently experiencing random restarts, a week ago I was forced to do a fresh install of Windows because of the corruption of some system files. Now the problem is occurring again, I checked the reliability monitor and there are many "Windows was not properly...
  5. I need help with frequent crashes and BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with frequent crashes and BSOD: Hi, Lately I am frequently experiencing random restarts, a week ago I was forced to do a fresh install of Windows because of the corruption of some system files. Now the problem is occurring again, I checked the reliability monitor and there are many "Windows was not properly...
  6. I need some help with my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need some help with my computer: I need some help with my computerI didnt know where to post this since all the computer reddit communitys dont have many people but i just checking my temp folder for the first time and i came across theseevery where says they are meant to be there but i just want to confirm...
  7. I need some help with my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need some help with my computer: I need some help with my computerI didnt know where to post this since all the computer reddit communitys dont have many people but i just checking my temp folder for the first time and i came across theseevery where says they are meant to be there but i just want to confirm...
  8. I need some help with my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Computer crashes randomly, need some help

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer crashes randomly, need some help: I have a new computer that I use for mapping and 3D rendering, but it keeps on freezing randomly for no apparent reason. It freezes during random times, whether I'm using a heavy software for 3D rendering, or if I'm just simply browsing through the internet! I've read on...
  10. Frequent BSOD crashes, need help troubleshooting/fixing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frequent BSOD crashes, need help troubleshooting/fixing: The 2 errors I most commonly see are "IRQL_NO_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and "Kernel check security error", but I am unsure how to pinpoint the problem as I often see it online attributed to memory, drivers and multiple issues. Specs are: Ryzen R3 1200 GTX 1060 6gb 8gb RAM DDR4...