Windows 10: My computer has the wrong time!!

Discus and support My computer has the wrong time!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Asus laptop, Windows 10. My settings all appear to be right but all of a sudden my computer says it is 10:52 PM when it really is 9:52 EDT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Agunat, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Agunat Win User

My computer has the wrong time!!

Asus laptop, Windows 10.

My settings all appear to be right but all of a sudden my computer says it is 10:52 PM when it really is 9:52 EDT (Gainesville FL), yes it does say to detect daylight savings time. I rebooted, no luck.

Help please... Bob

:)

Agunat, Apr 4, 2016

2. My computer has 6Gb of ram and most of the time everything runs fine. After a couple restarts my computer will actually go down to using only 4Gb.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To use full 6 GB of RAM on your computer follow the below steps:

1. Click
    Start and type msconfig.exe

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click
    Continue.

2. You get
    System Configuration dialog box.

3. Select the ‘Boot’ tab.

4. Click
    Advanced Options.

5. Uncheck the ‘Maximum Memory:” option.

6. Click
    OK and OK again.

Now, you should be able to use full 6 GB RAM on your computer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 4, 2016
  3. neilpzz Win User
    My computer has 6Gb of ram and most of the time everything runs fine. After a couple restarts my computer will actually go down to using only 4Gb.

I had similar when I found there was something wrong with the RAM modules I had fitted. (two 2GB) I bought two new modules (two 4GB) and have not had a problem since. I had mine as a matched pair but when the problem showed itself the bios was not showing
    them in dual memory mode.

I checked them using CPU-Z and found the old ones weren't matched and were completely different manufacturing dates and the reading in the timings tables were different. I'd been running these for years but they suddenly started to cause a problem (and before
    Windows 10), with the new modules no problems.

neilpzz, Apr 4, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Hi Bob, welcome to the Ten Forums.

Sounds strange, especially thinking that EST is one hour less than EDT, not one hour more. When your current time is 9:52 PM EDT but the PC thinks it's EST, it would show 8:52 PM, not 10:52.

Check if you have time zone set automatically, if not set it:

My computer has the wrong time!! [​IMG]

If you for any reason do not want to set time zone automatically, be sure the set the correct time zone:

My computer has the wrong time!! [​IMG]

Kari, Apr 4, 2016
  5. Mooly Win User
    Yes, it does sound a bit strange however I've also had something similar happen on my W10 install. One morning and I noticed it was 1 hour wrong (can't remember which way now).

Synchronising the time (so from Kari's screen shot you would select 'change' under Change Date And Time) and going to 'internet time' set it back correctly. That was weeks ago and our summer time change happened correctly.

I've also had a W10 pc that was a few 10's of seconds incorrect. Again synchronising this one fixed the problem.

Odd... but it seems these are real issues.

Mooly, Apr 4, 2016
  6. Check the time set in your BIOS.

DeaconFrost, Apr 4, 2016
  7. Agunat Win User
    I turned on the set time zone automatically and so far so good.

Thanks... Bob

Agunat, Apr 4, 2016
  8. Kari Win User

You are welcome *Smile

Kari, Apr 4, 2016
  9. Hi Bob!
    You have a friend and PC Tech just a few miles south of you, so drop me a line if you need any PC help.
    Cheers mate!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Apr 4, 2016
  10. Agunat Win User
    I'm not sure I want to know but how do you know you're only a few miles from me? Please give me more specifics so I can look you up if needed.

Thanks... Bob

Agunat, Apr 4, 2016
  11. Mooly Win User
    I think you told us where you are in post #1 *Smile

Gainesville FL

Mooly, Apr 4, 2016
  12. Something odd happened on Windows with the DST switch this year, and it wasn't just Win10. I have 3 PCs of various vintages; 2 have gone through an upgrade in place from Win7 to Win10; one is still on Win7. The Win7box and one of the Win10 boxes did not successfully switch to DST. All three were set up to automatically change, and all three have correctly switched in the past. I manually changed the two needing adjusting. Now I'll see what happens in the fall.

pokeefe0001, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My computer has the wrong time!! - Similar Threads - computer has wrong

2. the time is wrong on my computer screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the time is wrong on my computer screens: it says 9:32pm and it is 4:33pm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-time-is-wrong-on-my-computer-screens/e44364b8-8b88-43cf-9dfe-dd4c97790e1a
  3. the time is wrong on my computer screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the time is wrong on my computer screens: it says 9:32pm and it is 4:33pm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-time-is-wrong-on-my-computer-screens/e44364b8-8b88-43cf-9dfe-dd4c97790e1a
  4. the time is wrong on my computer screens

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Computer showing the wrong time

Computer showing the wrong time: I've looked around google a bit and my settings and still have no answer to my problem. For some reason, my time is 7pm right now pacific standard time. It says that everywhere in my house and on google. But, my computer says its 10pm pacific standard time. Meaning it's 3...
  6. Wrong time on Windows 10 computer

Wrong time on Windows 10 computer: How can I get a Win 10 computer to show correct time? It is set for EST and the auto DST time is checked, but it still says 3:00 when it should say 4:00 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-time-on-windows-10-computer/1ec6401f-6fc7-490b-81a0-93cffb000108
  7. time on the computer, is wrong

time on the computer, is wrong: I'm at the library and the moment. The time on this computer is wrong. How is this possible. I wonder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-on-the-computer-is-wrong/697424d3-373b-4443-bf80-ba169e10a7c9
  8. wrong time on domain joined computer

wrong time on domain joined computer: Hi, We have this one computer in our office where the clock is an hour slow. It is displaying the correct time zone in the date & time settings however the option to change the time is not available. [ATTACH] I get the same screen on the rest of our computers and...
  9. 5th Time that my computer has “died”

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    5th Time that my computer has “died”: It’s the 5th time for me that my PC has had to have been repaired at this point, all of the technicians have told me that the hardware is fine so I know that for sure. I’m starting to believe that its my applications that im downloading: Roblox Steam Discord Teamspeak...
  10. Computer clock shows wrong time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer clock shows wrong time: I am in Canada and my 2-year-old Acer Aspire has Windows 10. The time clock is always 1 hr. ahead of real time. I reset, change location from Canada/US to Eastern Standard time Canada. But it doesn't reset itself. Still showing 1 hr ahead of Ontario time. What can I do to fix...