Windows 10: My computer headphone jack

Discus and support My computer headphone jack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer just stopped wanting to detect my microphone every time I put it in the headphone jack. WHAT DO I DO?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Josiah A., Nov 22, 2020.

1. Josiah A. Win User

My computer headphone jack

My computer just stopped wanting to detect my microphone every time I put it in the headphone jack. WHAT DO I DO?

:)

Josiah A., Nov 22, 2020

2. Headphone jack not working

Hi Jonathan,

Issues with headphones or headphone jack could have happened due to hardware issues. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you update your driver. You can follow this
    link
    for the steps on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

If the issue still occurs, we suggest that you contact your manufacturer to check and troubleshoot your hardware issue with headphone jack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Headphone jack not working

Hi Kurtis,

For us to narrow down your concern with your headphone jack, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried a different headphone? If yes, what is the result?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 22, 2020
  4. My computer headphone jack

Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

My computer headphone jack

1. My computer headphone jack - Similar Threads - computer headphone jack

2. Headphone Jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Jack: Dell vostro 5410 windows 11 home laptop in headphone not detect please tell me how to resolve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack/2f8ee37e-8f15-4540-8605-f0e3fe1f5f91
  3. Headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone jack: Hi their, so basically i somehow changed my headphone jack on the front of my pc to be like a normal audio jack like on the back of it and now i don't know how to change it back to a headphone jack....
  4. Headphone jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone jack: Hi their, so basically i somehow changed my headphone jack on the front of my pc to be like a normal audio jack like on the back of it and now i don't know how to change it back to a headphone jack....
  5. Headphone jack

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. headphone jack

in Windows 10 Customization
    headphone jack: My headphone jack is not working it is showing as not plugged where actually it is plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack/e9ae729a-1ffe-4c5e-be1c-ee0f9aa078ab
  7. headphone jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    headphone jack: My headphones jack stopped working late nite, cant seem to trouble shoot the problem...Help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack/a7680508-2097-4d50-bce6-3d3c97ebc842
  8. headphone jack

headphone jack: re window 10 headphone jack not enabled in windows 10 cant seem to find realtek on my computer anymore cant find legit download site any ideas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack/a2daf100-aad5-455a-8e6f-84bee665dfdd
  9. headphone jack

headphone jack: my headphone jack is broke and not letting me use the speakers on my laptop. how do I disable the headphone jack? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack/20d58e9e-3c71-4c54-b87d-a8295979afb8
  10. Headphone Jack

Headphone Jack: My laptop won't detect my earphones anymore, yesterday I received Intel Sound Driver update which after installing caused problems with my laptop sound as it displayed a message "No Audio Output Device installed", I solved the issue by reinstalling the default Sound Driver...