Windows 10: My computer hostage.

Discus and support My computer hostage. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been getting a message that i am using a pirated microsoft software. My laptop is being blocked and held hostage until i call a specified... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JoyceGriffin1, Sep 6, 2018.

1. My computer hostage.

I have been getting a message that i am using a pirated microsoft software. My laptop is being blocked and held hostage until i call a specified microsoft number. I believe this is a scam and i need my laptop. Can any one help?

:)

JoyceGriffin1, Sep 6, 2018
  2. taconus Win User

Windows 10 - Holding my ram hostage?!?

Doesn't say.... sometimes it lists as "System" but that's rare now... its mainly the totals aren't adding up.

taconus, Sep 6, 2018
  3. ransomeware is holding my computer hostage...what do i do?

ransomeware is holding my computer hostage...what do i do?

kimcassella, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Aquinus Win User

My computer hostage.

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

My computer hostage.

1. My computer hostage. - Similar Threads - computer hostage

2. Why wont my computer stay connected to the internet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why wont my computer stay connected to the internet?: My pc wont stay connected to my internet. Every time I've tried to troubleshoot or test the network it's completely fine and say it's working perfectly but the longer the computer stays on the more it continues to lose connection until it says it can't connect to website...
  3. Once a month, MS holds my computer hostage until I sign into my MS acc. even after...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Once a month, MS holds my computer hostage until I sign into my MS acc. even after...: How do I stop Microsoft from making me sign to my MS account once a MONTH at startup, even after disabling windows password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/once-a-month-ms-holds-my-computer-hostage-until-i/b8129be1-3600-4779-801b-85e4472da8b2
  4. Once a month, MS holds my computer hostage until I sign into my MS acc. even after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Once a month, MS holds my computer hostage until I sign into my MS acc. even after...: How do I stop Microsoft from making me sign to my MS account once a MONTH at startup, even after disabling windows password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/once-a-month-ms-holds-my-computer-hostage-until-i/b8129be1-3600-4779-801b-85e4472da8b2
  5. Once a month, MS holds my computer hostage until I sign into my MS acc. even after...

6. Computer held hostage by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer held hostage by Microsoft: Ok so bought a hp omen did some ram changes now need to reset asking for abit locker code go into account to retrieve and can’t access account due to a phone number attached to my account so tried to change and has locked my account for 30days, so is Microsoft really gonna...
  7. Computer held hostage by Microsoft

Computer held hostage by Microsoft: Ok so bought a hp omen did some ram changes now need to reset asking for abit locker code go into account to retrieve and can’t access account due to a phone number attached to my account so tried to change and has locked my account for 30days, so is Microsoft really gonna...
  8. Constant Blue Screens & Restarts taken my computer hostage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant Blue Screens & Restarts taken my computer hostage: My computer keeps restarting or crashing with BSOD's last few months. Restarts are more frequent, but I think the root issue is the same. Using windbg, 4 dumps show 2 ntkrnlmp.exe and 2 amdppm.sys related error. The bluescreens I got when I got these failures:...
  9. Computer Being Held "S Mode Hostage"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Being Held "S Mode Hostage": I bought a new laptop and for some reason it's automatically in S Mode. So naturally, I go to turn off S Mode only to be given an error code when WIndows Store opens, says "something went wrong on our end." When I take to the search bar and type in "Switch out of S Mode", I...
  10. Another UPDATE .. Another computer taken hostage without permission

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Another UPDATE .. Another computer taken hostage without permission: Yet another update, during unplanned hours, making computer unusable for LONG periods of time. And this after I had just tried the neat new feature to DELAY updates, AND set the hours when to install updates. People actually use their computers to get work done. Thank God...