Windows 10: My computer hostage.

Discus and support My computer hostage. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been getting a message that i am using a pirated microsoft software. My laptop is being blocked and held hostage until i call a specified... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JoyceGriffin1, Sep 6, 2018.

1. My computer hostage.

I have been getting a message that i am using a pirated microsoft software. My laptop is being blocked and held hostage until i call a specified microsoft number. I believe this is a scam and i need my laptop. Can any one help?

:)

JoyceGriffin1, Sep 6, 2018
  2. taconus Win User

Windows 10 - Holding my ram hostage?!?

Doesn't say.... sometimes it lists as "System" but that's rare now... its mainly the totals aren't adding up.

taconus, Sep 6, 2018
  3. ransomeware is holding my computer hostage...what do i do?

ransomeware is holding my computer hostage...what do i do?

kimcassella, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Aquinus Win User

My computer hostage.

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

My computer hostage.

1. My computer hostage. - Similar Threads - computer hostage

2. Windows Hello REFUSED my PASSWORD, held my computer for ransom and FORCED me to use a PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello REFUSED my PASSWORD, held my computer for ransom and FORCED me to use a PIN: I am beyond angry right now. I have 2 computers, one for work and one specifically for artwork. The one for artwork, my all-in-one MSI is the one I tried to sign into today with my password, however it's saying I have to create a PIN. I used to have one but it was useless...
  3. Can no longer access network storage after computer reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can no longer access network storage after computer reset: Hi, I recently reset my laptop and can now no longer access my network shared storage computer (running Server 2016). no configurations have been changed on the storage server. Only a computer reset of my laptop. Has anyone had a similar problem? I get an error 0x80004005....
  4. Accidentally Uninstalled Java from my win10 computer. Please help.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally Uninstalled Java from my win10 computer. Please help.: So basically I accidentally uninstalled java from my computer because some apps were acting up. I figured I could just reinstall it. This was not the case. Anytime I would try to install at the very end of the install process it will show an error code that looks like...
  5. Errors: tcpip.sys and stop code errors BRAND NEW COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Errors: tcpip.sys and stop code errors BRAND NEW COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!: I just purchased this computer 5 days ago. Since then I have had 5 tcpip.sys errors. Windows stop code service system exception. I dont have anything on it yet except antivirus. I think this is ridiculous. It is a HP notebook. I have already updated everything. Also, it was...
  6. Windows REFUSED my PASSWORD, held my computer for ransom and FORCED me to use a PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows REFUSED my PASSWORD, held my computer for ransom and FORCED me to use a PIN: I am beyond angry right now. I have 2 computers, one for work and one specifically for artwork. The one for artwork, my all-in-one MSI is the one I tried to sign into today with my password, however it's saying I have to create a PIN. I used to have one but it was useless...
  7. Windows 10 Hibernate Problem Does Not Turn Off My Computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Hibernate Problem Does Not Turn Off My Computer: Hello everyone, One week before i have cloned my ssd disk for bigger space and now I working with my new cloned ssd disk. But hibernate is not working anymore. When i click for hibernate it only does log out and i am seeing password screen. It must be power down the...
  8. How Can I Keep My Local Windows Password When Signing Up Computer for MS Account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Can I Keep My Local Windows Password When Signing Up Computer for MS Account?: I'm trying to add a Windows 10 laptop to my Microsoft account. In the process of doing so, they want my Windows password and state that in the future, I'll log into Windows using my Microsoft account password. I don't want to change my Windows password. In fact, I'd...
  9. Win 10 start up locked 2 computers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 start up locked 2 computers: win 10 recently hanging up on start up with win icon and circling icon and never progresses this started a few days ago on parallels now on a totally separate win 10 computer with separate license think secondary to update cant access anything to create win 10 start up...
  10. The Find My Device function shows my desktop computer in the wrong city

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The Find My Device function shows my desktop computer in the wrong city: Hi, I was looking at my account information and clicked the Find My PC option. It showed a map and it said my PC was located inside the circle. Well, the circle was around a whole city. It happens to be the wrong city. I live about 28 miles away roughly from the center of...