Windows 10: My computer hostage.

Discus and support My computer hostage. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been getting a message that i am using a pirated microsoft software. My laptop is being blocked and held hostage until i call a specified... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JoyceGriffin1, Sep 6, 2018.

1. JoyceGriffin1 Win User

My computer hostage.

I have been getting a message that i am using a pirated microsoft software. My laptop is being blocked and held hostage until i call a specified microsoft number. I believe this is a scam and i need my laptop. Can any one help?

:)

JoyceGriffin1, Sep 6, 2018
  2. taconus Win User

Windows 10 - Holding my ram hostage?!?

Doesn't say.... sometimes it lists as "System" but that's rare now... its mainly the totals aren't adding up.

taconus, Sep 6, 2018
  3. kimcassella Win User
    ransomeware is holding my computer hostage...what do i do?

ransomeware is holding my computer hostage...what do i do?

kimcassella, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Aquinus Win User

My computer hostage.

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

My computer hostage.

1. My computer hostage. - Similar Threads - computer hostage

2. sign in to computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sign in to computer: I don't want to have to sign in to my computer. I am the only one who uses it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-to-computer/0ef56d05-a9b8-4b70-ac71-d02cca611549
  3. How do i know what was changed on my computer from a virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i know what was changed on my computer from a virus?: I was downloading some stuff on windows version 8.1 and decided to face check the file with no anti-virus (nice), got ambushed with a virus who disabled Windows Defender and started doing some whack things in the background. I quickly managed to install malwarebytes and got...
  4. ReActivate Flight simulator X on new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ReActivate Flight simulator X on new computer: I am having no success reactivating this on a new computer. the previous installation and activation was about 4 computers back. I have installed from the original disk set, but the program wont run. When I troubleshoot I find that I have to reactivate. The instructions on...
  5. I cant find connect button on windows 10 hp pavilion to pair computer with bluetooth speaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cant find connect button on windows 10 hp pavilion to pair computer with bluetooth speaker: I cant find connect button on windows 10 hp pavilion to pair computer with bluetooth speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-connect-button-on-windows-10-hp/98dee4db-912c-43ed-9f2a-822acd78434b
  6. Back up my computer without lossing any of the update of the microsoft ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up my computer without lossing any of the update of the microsoft ?: I need help to back up without losing any update of my Microsoft, because lately I down load one of it I lost it while I am trying to clean my system from everything I do not need. Please help me out....
  7. downloading photos on to computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    downloading photos on to computer: needing help downloading my pictures onto my laptop. I have an iPhone 7 plus. for some reason it is saying I'm not connected when I clearly am . it is also showing that I have no photos to download when I obviously do .what should I do ?...
  8. Computer said it had a problem loading and would go to the automatic repair, then it says...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer said it had a problem loading and would go to the automatic repair, then it says...: Computer said it had a problem loading and would go to the automatic repair, then it says it can't fix it and the screen goes black. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-said-it-had-a-problem-loading-and-would/860f14bc-e106-4802-b6ea-d11b642449e7
  9. transfer digital licenses between computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transfer digital licenses between computers: Hi I have 4 computers, 3 with win10 pro and one with home. I would like to transfer one of the computers to the home device as it's my newest laptop. I do not know what type of license I have, oem or retail etc... I know they were all upgraded from win7 to 8 to 10.......
  10. Computer not going to sleep or running slideshow.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer not going to sleep or running slideshow.: Hi over the last few days my computer does not go to sleep or run the slideshow as it used to. I have tried all the usual things, updating drivers, adjusting the power settings etc etc, but nothing works. Tonight I ran powercfg -energy and the report showed 8 errors and 7...