Windows 10: My computer hostage.

Discus and support My computer hostage. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been getting a message that i am using a pirated microsoft software. My laptop is being blocked and held hostage until i call a specified... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JoyceGriffin1, Sep 6, 2018.

1. My computer hostage.

I have been getting a message that i am using a pirated microsoft software. My laptop is being blocked and held hostage until i call a specified microsoft number. I believe this is a scam and i need my laptop. Can any one help?

:)

JoyceGriffin1, Sep 6, 2018
  2. taconus Win User

Windows 10 - Holding my ram hostage?!?

Doesn't say.... sometimes it lists as "System" but that's rare now... its mainly the totals aren't adding up.

taconus, Sep 6, 2018
  3. ransomeware is holding my computer hostage...what do i do?

ransomeware is holding my computer hostage...what do i do?

kimcassella, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Aquinus Win User

My computer hostage.

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

My computer hostage.

1. My computer hostage. - Similar Threads - computer hostage

2. Sign in computer code

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign in computer code: I am running on W10 Version 1903 Build 18356.16. I want to change the computer sign in code I have when I start it. What part of settings is it located. Thanks 129340
  3. Computer keeps reinstalling to the same screen after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keeps reinstalling to the same screen after reinstalling Windows 10: I did a clean install on my laptop by going into advanced startup and choosing one of the options to remove everything from the drive. When it finished it brought me to a Hi There screen that asked for my country, language, and time zone. When I click next it says there's a...
  4. Help with computer can't update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help with computer can't update: Hey, i am helping a lady who's computer keeps telling her it can't up-date because there isn't enough space on her computer to update it ! I have tried removing a bunch of stuff to free up space & have run Disk Clean up ! She even said i could wipe it clean & start over if i...
  5. when i go to a site thats asks for info -my computer reverts back to the main screen- can't...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    when i go to a site thats asks for info -my computer reverts back to the main screen- can't...: info is in the subject - its hard for me to type https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-go-to-a-site-thats-asks-for-info-my/18e3d35f-0690-42de-9d75-084358eaf2d7
  6. Networking Three computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Networking Three computers: Any help would be appreciated - at my wits end I have 3 computers, all running Windows 10 Pro - I am trying to get them to talk with each other and share file data One of them will connect to the other two and show the shared files, but the others will not connect to it....
  7. Notify users when there are apps preventing computer into sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Notify users when there are apps preventing computer into sleep: Close the lip to sleep is a convenient feature only if it behaves well every time, otherwise you will have a low-battery computer next time you open the lid. Sometimes apps may request to prevent computer into sleep (as can be checked in CMD with "powercfg -requests"). in...
  8. Help with computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with computer: Hey, i am helping a lady who's computer keeps telling her it can't up-date because there isn't enough space on her computer to update it ! I have tried removing a bunch of stuff to free up space & have run Disk Clean up ! She even said i could wipe it clean & start over if i...
  9. Change the owner account on a computer

Change the owner account on a computer: I have windows 10 and my wife was the first user on the account. Without losing everything on it how do i change the owner from her account to mine? Thank you in advance....
  10. My Computer has only one problem: Whenever I attempt to scroll over the "New" tab when I...

My Computer has only one problem: Whenever I attempt to scroll over the "New" tab when I...: The issue is very specific. Whenever I'm on my desktop or in Windows Explorer, and I right click and hover my mouse over the "new" tab, Windows Explorer (and consequently my desktop) will either: (A) Freeze for about 30 seconds, at which point I can continue to create...