Windows 10: My Computer Icon

Discus and support My Computer Icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I click on the my computer icon it sits there and says "working on it" After a reboot it brings up the icons for around ten minutes then it stops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by karlschluth, Jul 8, 2020.

1. My Computer Icon

When I click on the my computer icon it sits there and says "working on it"

After a reboot it brings up the icons for around ten minutes then it stops working

I have tried all the registry tweaks that I can find nothing works.

Short of reformatting my computer which I do not want to do any ideas?

I reinstalled windows numerous times and it still persists.

Help please. This also happen when I click the file explorer in the task bar. The drives are visible in the view pane but no icons.

I have also reinstalled the my computer icon numerous times.

:)

karlschluth, Jul 8, 2020

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Darshan J Win User
    icon screen

Hi Richard,

To help you better provide us with the information below.

• Which build is currently running on your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software changes on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you Right click on Desktop Window> View > Check Shows desktop icons, check if the desktop icons are back on desktop.

Check if the Icons or files are available in the My Documents>Desktop folder, check if icons are visible in the folder.

Get back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Jul 8, 2020
  4. My Computer Icon

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

My Computer Icon

1. My Computer Icon - Similar Threads - Computer Icon

2. Computer Not Opening any browsers / Infinite blue circle loading icon next to cursor and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Not Opening any browsers / Infinite blue circle loading icon next to cursor and I...: So I was on google chrome and watching Youtube then suddenly google chrome closed randomly I tried to open google chrome back up but it instantly kept closing/crashing I restarted my pc thinking it would work again but it wouldn't so after many hours and restarts I decided...
  3. Computer Not Opening any browsers / Infinite blue circle loading icon next to cursor and I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Not Opening any browsers / Infinite blue circle loading icon next to cursor and I...: So I was on google chrome and watching Youtube then suddenly google chrome closed randomly I tried to open google chrome back up but it instantly kept closing/crashing I restarted my pc thinking it would work again but it wouldn't so after many hours and restarts I decided...
  4. Issues with Mouse Cursor Visibility in computer game and Internet Connection Icon...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Mouse Cursor Visibility in computer game and Internet Connection Icon...: Hello,I recently updated my Windows 11 system, and since then, I've encountered a couple of issues that I hope to get some advice on.Invisible Mouse Cursor in Cossacks 3: Invisible Mouse Cursor in Cossacks 3: After the latest Windows 11 update, the cursor in Cossacks 3 has...
  5. Issues with Mouse Cursor Visibility in computer game and Internet Connection Icon...

Issues with Mouse Cursor Visibility in computer game and Internet Connection Icon...: Hello,I recently updated my Windows 11 system, and since then, I've encountered a couple of issues that I hope to get some advice on.Invisible Mouse Cursor in Cossacks 3: Invisible Mouse Cursor in Cossacks 3: After the latest Windows 11 update, the cursor in Cossacks 3 has...
  6. Three problems Wi-Fi icon not popping up, computer randomly black screening, computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Three problems Wi-Fi icon not popping up, computer randomly black screening, computer...: Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/three-problems-wi-fi-icon-not-popping-up-computer/71fa9fb4-75fb-4f14-b2b9-8b4fa4fc2959
  7. Three problems Wi-Fi icon not popping up, computer randomly black screening, computer...

Three problems Wi-Fi icon not popping up, computer randomly black screening, computer...: Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/three-problems-wi-fi-icon-not-popping-up-computer/71fa9fb4-75fb-4f14-b2b9-8b4fa4fc2959
  8. Windows 11, WiFi disconnects when computer is turned off. Also WiFi icon is missing on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, WiFi disconnects when computer is turned off. Also WiFi icon is missing on the...: I recently did an update to my PC Dell computer. I also recently noticed that I no longer have the WiFi icon on the taskbar, but have the monitor and cable icon. When I select that icon, I see I am not connected to my WiFi after I turn on the computer. I then select it and...
  9. Windows 11, WiFi disconnects when computer is turned off. Also WiFi icon is missing on the...

Windows 11, WiFi disconnects when computer is turned off. Also WiFi icon is missing on the...: I recently did an update to my PC Dell computer. I also recently noticed that I no longer have the WiFi icon on the taskbar, but have the monitor and cable icon. When I select that icon, I see I am not connected to my WiFi after I turn on the computer. I then select it and...
  10. Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection

Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection: we have multiple computers joined to a windows server domain with desktop redirection setup. However, not every computer has the same software installed and although each person has their own dedicated computer to use sometimes they need to sign into another computer and if...