Windows 10: my computer in windows 10 does not show my portable cd/dvd drive

Discus and support my computer in windows 10 does not show my portable cd/dvd drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; what can I do to have the portable cd/dvd drive show up in my computer. It comes on but the computer does not show it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Betty112, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Betty112 Win User

my computer in windows 10 does not show my portable cd/dvd drive

what can I do to have the portable cd/dvd drive show up in my computer. It comes on but the computer does not show it.

:)

Betty112, Aug 27, 2019
  2. RLRehm Win User

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

4. debdedoos Win User

debdedoos, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

1. my computer in windows 10 does not show my portable cd/dvd drive - Similar Threads - computer does show

2. CD/DVD drive does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD/DVD drive does not work.: Split from this thread.I have the same problem but the fixes don't help. On the Resolution one there is no configure a devise that shows.Devise manager IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers it has mobile 5th generation Intel R Core tm SATA controller {AHCI model} 9C83It tells me to right...
  3. My Windows 10 DVD RW Drive shows as a CD drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Windows 10 DVD RW Drive shows as a CD drive: My Windows 10 DVD RW Drive shows as a CD drive and it says the file system is unknown. It will not play DVDs. I have been trying to chat with Microsoft Support since yesterday and all I get is "One of our agents will be with you shortly. Thank you for your patience! "....
  4. My Windows 10 DVD RW Drive shows as a CD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 DVD RW Drive shows as a CD drive: My Windows 10 DVD RW Drive shows as a CD drive and it says the file system is unknown. It will not play DVDs. I have been trying to chat with Microsoft Support since yesterday and all I get is "One of our agents will be with you shortly. Thank you for your patience! "....
  5. My Windows 10 DVD RW Drive shows as a CD drive

6. Cd Dvd Drive is not showing

Cd Dvd Drive is not showing: I have Msi GP62 7RDX Leopard. After Reset windows 10, Cd Dvd Drive is not showing in Device Manager and this pc page. And dvd tray is not open , when click button....
  7. Cd Dvd Drive is not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cd Dvd Drive is not showing: I have Msi GP62 7RDX Leopard. After Reset windows 10, Cd Dvd Drive is not showing in Device Manager and this pc page. And dvd tray is not open , when click button....
  8. Cd Dvd Drive is not showing

9. dvd/cd drive not showing

dvd/cd drive not showing: I inserted a cd in the drive to rip the contents but nothing happened.I have looked in devices but the drive dosen`t show. it is a long time since I last used it but I`ve tried two different software programmes with no luck.I am running version 1803 64 bit.Can anyone help...
  10. Windows 10 does not recognize the DVD part of my external DVD/CD drive

Windows 10 does not recognize the DVD part of my external DVD/CD drive: Windows 10, Cocopa external DVD/CD writer. Windows 10 does not recognize the DVD. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-does-not-recognize-the-dvd-part-of-my/b0d37d42-8936-4ffa-b689-3d511ed2ca19