Windows 10: My computer is acting funny when opening files, applications, and just files in general.

Discus and support My computer is acting funny when opening files, applications, and just files in general. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer is acting funny when opening files, applications, and just files in general. My music player says a application TWINUI (see attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CWWindows10, Apr 11, 2019.

1. My computer is acting funny when opening files, applications, and just files in general.

My computer is acting funny when opening files, applications, and just files in general. My music player says a application TWINUI (see attached screenshot) if the default app for mp3 files. Also, when opneing Windows Defender, it says you'll need an new app to open windowsdefender. Please help.I have suffered through the 1809 disaster and all my previous files from that are corrupted and had to be deleted. I've used EaseUS Data Recovery to get all my lost files back but had to delete the corrupted ones. Also, every time I try to change the TWINUI thing, it just crashes. I have a non-admin account so I can't do much.

:)

CWWindows10, Apr 11, 2019
  2. jaydeee Win User

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile My computer is acting funny when opening files, applications, and just files in general. :)

jaydeee, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Apr 11, 2019
  4. My computer is acting funny when opening files, applications, and just files in general.

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

My computer is acting funny when opening files, applications, and just files in general.

1. My computer is acting funny when opening files, applications, and just files in general. - Similar Threads - computer acting funny

2. HP Dock acting a little funny.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Dock acting a little funny.: My HP Zbook all the sudden is not connecting and sending a signal to my additional monitors. The Bluetooth keyboard and mouse are working off the docking station, but the monitors are not being recognized. I am also getting an error while trying to update some drivers and the...
  3. when i open a file or file explorer in general it shows me that its open in the taskbar and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i open a file or file explorer in general it shows me that its open in the taskbar and...: 12345+ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-a-file-or-file-explorer-in-general-it/6860071f-cb48-47d0-bd4a-4c43d7ea5a81
  4. when i open a file or file explorer in general it shows me that its open in the taskbar and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i open a file or file explorer in general it shows me that its open in the taskbar and...: 12345+ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-a-file-or-file-explorer-in-general-it/6860071f-cb48-47d0-bd4a-4c43d7ea5a81
  5. Computer acting funny since uninstalling some apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer acting funny since uninstalling some apps.: In order to clear up space on my storage, I recently uninstalled a few apps as well as deleting all my temporary files including files in my Downloads folder. One of the apps I unistalled was Microsoft 365 which included Office, One Note, Excel none of which I ever used, even...
  6. Computer acting funny since uninstalling some apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer acting funny since uninstalling some apps.: In order to clear up space on my storage, I recently uninstalled a few apps as well as deleting all my temporary files including files in my Downloads folder. One of the apps I unistalled was Microsoft 365 which included Office, One Note, Excel none of which I ever used, even...
  7. my pc is acting funny

in Windows 10 Customization
    my pc is acting funny: when I log into my pc all the apps show up but nothing on my taskbar shows up. For the icons to show up I have to put my curser on the taskbar and click it.Any help would go a long way....
  8. Disappearing files - it's not funny anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disappearing files - it's not funny anymore: I own several devices with Windows 10 some time ago I lost a large amount of data I had stored in a folder on the desktop of my work laptop I work with media. I looked everywhere and even tried multiple data recovery programs. I never managed to recover anything because the...
  9. My computer is acting funny

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer is acting funny: When I started my computer it said there was no pin for my computer but after getting in the computer there was no internet or wifi icon and in the settings there is no networks and when i plug in headphones the computer does not see them I don’t know if this is a problem...
  10. Excel acting funny

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel acting funny: Starting today, when clicking on an Excel cell, it automatically opens the formula on the screen, rather than what previously required highlighting the cell and going up to the Formula Bar. Very annoying. Also, starting today, while highlighting and 'cutting' multiple cells...