Windows 10: My computer is acting weird.

Discus and support My computer is acting weird. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I bought a new dell inspiron 15 5000 series for school. It's literally 3 months old. A couple days ago I realized it was being slow so I closed out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by etwhite2020, Jun 24, 2020.

1. My computer is acting weird.

So I bought a new dell inspiron 15 5000 series for school. It's literally 3 months old. A couple days ago I realized it was being slow so I closed out my tabs and restarted it. When it started up, I tried to open an application and it kept showing errors or "windows not responding". I restarted it again, and it went into automatic repair mode. I tried every option and all failed. So I factory reset it. Then today, it was showing errors like MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll. First, I scanned for viruses, and there were none. So I looked into it and tried to reinstall the visual studio applications. None of them would install, and I got errors saying the path could not be found. I couldn't even open my settings menu to check for updates. So I properly shut it down and rebooted it. Again automatic recovery mode and all options failed. So I factory reset again. Can someone please tell me what's going wrong so I can fix it and avoid this issue?

:)

etwhite2020, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Joystick acting weird.

Hi Anurag,

I've noticed that this thread has been idle for a while now. We would like to know the status of the issue. Have you resolved the issue about the joystick acting weird on your computer?

Update us so we can assist you.

Eric Ber, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Computer acting weird after move

Hey everyone,

I just built a core 2 system and have had it running stable for about a week. Most of the system info can be found at http://www.techpowerup.com/ocdb/details.php?id=239
    After moving the computer from my college apartment back to my house for Christmas break, It will not boot up. When I hook at all up, as soon as I flip the power supply switch to on, the computer will turn on, make its standard beep sound, then turn off in about 5 seconds. After this it will try and boot again will once again shutoff but stay off. Its weird that it would try and boot without me touching the power button on my case. I removed and reseated the connection for the case switch but with the same result, and I also tried booting it with the wire from the case power button not attached to the motherboard, same thing happens.

Here is a list of things I have already tried which have not helped at all:
    Hooked up a different power supply
    Tried different ram sticks in different slots, different configurations
    cleared the cmos

I am thinking something may be wrong with the motherboard. I have a Gigabyte 965p-DS3 rev 2.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Is an RMA in order or should I try some more things first?

Bonerheimer_c, Jun 24, 2020
  4. My computer is acting weird.

Asus R510LN Ethernet/Wireless acting weird

Okay, it sounds like your adapter settings may need to be checked. Follow these steps:

Right click on your network icon down in the bottom corner, select Open Network and Sharing Center

Click on Change Adapter Settings on the left side

My computer is acting weird. [​IMG]

Find your wireless adapter. Yours may be called something different than mine. Right click on it, and click properties

Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click properties

Make sure your settings look like this, meaning both fields are set to obtain an address automatically.

Click OK, then close and see if this helps.

ArazelEternal, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

My computer is acting weird.

1. My computer is acting weird. - Similar Threads - computer acting weird

2. My PC is acting weird

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My PC is acting weird: My PC keeps doing weird things such as saying my system is locked and saying that my PC is controlled by an organization please excuse that I have written so little or spelling mistakes but I'm having to write this in a rush before it starts doing weird things again....
  3. computer acting weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer acting weird: so my computer has been acting weird. It takes around 30 mins to start up and get to the start up screen and then when i log in it opens up my usual start up apps like discord and opera gx. It usually allows me to use google for a couple of minutes then after that it just...
  4. computer acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer acting weird: so my computer has been acting weird. It takes around 30 mins to start up and get to the start up screen and then when i log in it opens up my usual start up apps like discord and opera gx. It usually allows me to use google for a couple of minutes then after that it just...
  5. computer acting weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. MY PC IS ACTING WEIRD

MY PC IS ACTING WEIRD: so i tried downloading a game from web and got a virus and now my pc is acting weird like csnt update and cant turn on windows insider proggrame someone pls tell me what to do and if its bad!...
  7. Computer acting weirdly after startups

Computer acting weirdly after startups: So for a few months now, my computer has been acting very strange. Most of the time it turns on with no issues, but sometimes once a week or so my computer will start into a blue screen. I'll restart the computer and it'll allow me to log into windows but the computer will...
  8. Computer is acting weird

Computer is acting weird: My windows 10 has been acting weird recently and it would randomly open up random apps when im not touching the computer. I have reset it many times it, tried to shut it down than turn it back on but nothing is working.its also virus protected but it still acts weird....
  9. my Computer or Windows 10 is acting weird.

my Computer or Windows 10 is acting weird.: Once I was done playing I quickly turned off my PC to go to sleep the next day I was gonna join with some friends and suddenly I noticed that my Sam folder and Recycling Bin ICONS were gone so I thought it was just a BUG I just ignored it and played with my friends then one...
  10. my Computer or Windows 10 is acting weird.

my Computer or Windows 10 is acting weird.: Once I was done playing I quickly turned off my PC to go to sleep the next day I was gonna join with some friends and suddenly I noticed that my Sam folder and Recycling Bin ICONS were gone so I thought it was just a BUG I just ignored it and played with my friends then one...