Windows 10: My computer is always powered off and restarted for no reason

Discus and support My computer is always powered off and restarted for no reason in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer is always powered off and restarted for no reason My hardware is as follows Intel I5 8600K ASUS Z370-P NVIDIA RTX 2060 16g DDR4 2400... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 晴宝, Nov 5, 2019.

1. 晴宝 Win User

My computer is always powered off and restarted for no reason

My hardware is as follows

Intel I5 8600K
    ASUS Z370-P
    NVIDIA RTX 2060

16g DDR4 2400 dual channel

Samsung 970evo plus 250g M.2

600w Power Supply

This is the latest crash in the event log

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>6</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-11-05T10:35:50.917019800Z" />
    <EventRecordID>4470</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>GZK</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">41</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">5</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Please help me find the cause of the problem as much as possible, thank you

:)

晴宝, Nov 5, 2019

2. Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 5, 2019
  3. restart and kernel-power event

Hi,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut
    down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

Try this, see if it works for you:

• Go to "Settings"
    • Select "System"
    • Select "Power and Sleep"
    • Select "Additional Power Settings"
    • Select "Choose what the power buttons do"
    • Select "Change settings currently available"
    • Ensure that "Turn on fast start up" is deselected (unticked)
    • Click on "Save Changes"

Restart your computer after performing the steps.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Computer suddenly powers off and restarts alot

Hi Ko557,

A corrupted system files is one of the possible reasons why your computer shuts down or restarts automatically. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?
    • Do you receive any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers of your computer to its latest update?

Meanwhile, if you are encountering a blue screen issue, I would suggest that you follow the steps in this

link
    to troubleshoot.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Eric Ber, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

1. My computer is always powered off and restarted for no reason - Similar Threads - computer always powered

2. My computer freezes and needs to be manually powered off to restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer freezes and needs to be manually powered off to restart.: Essentially the title, but I can't seem to find what can be causing the issue. The fans seem to work great and I don't believe overheating is the issue. For multiple of the freezes, the line: 6062 - Lso was triggered appears in event viewer. Any experience with this problem?...
  3. Computer restarting for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarting for no reason: I'm running Windows 10 Home 21H2 on a desktop I built. The OS is not activated.My computer just rebooted for seemingly no reason. It used to do this more often, but this is the first time in several months. I had a video open, but it was paused, and nothing else actively...
  4. Computer restarting for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer restarting for no reason: I'm running Windows 10 Home 21H2 on a desktop I built. The OS is not activated.My computer just rebooted for seemingly no reason. It used to do this more often, but this is the first time in several months. I had a video open, but it was paused, and nothing else actively...
  5. Computer restarting for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. PC turns off and restarts for no reason. Kernal-Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns off and restarts for no reason. Kernal-Power: Hi,I am seeking some help... My PC is turning off randomly no shutdown or errors, just "off" then restarts.Getting some kernal power errors, which i have gone through and tried all the fixes for that... which includes page file, sleep, changing new RAM, testing CPU, RAM and...
  7. PC turns off and restarts for no reason. Kernal-Power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns off and restarts for no reason. Kernal-Power: Hi,I am seeking some help... My PC is turning off randomly no shutdown or errors, just "off" then restarts.Getting some kernal power errors, which i have gone through and tried all the fixes for that... which includes page file, sleep, changing new RAM, testing CPU, RAM and...
  8. Display powering off for no reason

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display powering off for no reason: I encountered an issue that (so far) only seems to be happening with BlueStacks (an emulation program for android). It happened twice in the last two days. Once, I left the game on, went back after 20 min and the monitor was powered off (no signal detected) even though the...
  9. My computer suddenly restart like power off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer suddenly restart like power off: During using computer it will suddenly power off and restart. This may happend in different situations like gaming watching youtube etc. Here I got many event log only timestamp different, there is an example: <Event...
  10. My computer restarts for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer restarts for no reason: My computer restarts for no reason My hardware is as follows Intel I5 8600K ASUS Z370-P NVIDIA RTX 2060 16g DDR4 2400 dual channel Samsung 970evo plus 250g M.2 600w Power Supply This is the latest crash in the event log - <Event...