Windows 10: My computer is asleep.

Discus and support My computer is asleep. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I put windows 10 to sleep and can't wake it up! I can't find where anyone has found a solution. What can I do? I can't use my computer! 36343 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by myrockyboy, Jan 4, 2016.

1. My computer is asleep.

I put windows 10 to sleep and can't wake it up! I can't find where anyone has found a solution. What can I do? I can't use my computer!

:)

myrockyboy, Jan 4, 2016

2. Computer falling asleep

Everytime i log onto my compuyer (windows 10 desktop) it shows the desktop background, loads up the files, then falls asleep. This is really annoying beciase i have been having another issue for a few months that makes it so i have to turn off my computer
    and turn it back on whenever it falls asleep. How do i make it stop falling asleep manually?

drew-saladifier, Jan 4, 2016
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Computer will not stay asleep

Hi,

This issue may occur form software conflicts and services that could possibly wake up your computer from sleep.

For us to better assist you and to avoid performing the same troubleshooting steps, can you enumerate all the procedures that you've tried performing to resolve the issue?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Arjay Dom, Jan 4, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

My computer is asleep.

Hi myrockyboy and welcome to Tenforums.

Have you tried holding down the power button until it completely shuts off?

Then try this:

Unplug from power.
    Remove battery (if laptop).
    Press and hold the power button in, counting to 15 seconds.

Plug the system back in to the wall (replace battery as well), and try to boot.

p.s. please also make sure you are using a good plug - put a nightlight or lamp into it and make sure it's working.

simrick, Jan 4, 2016
  5. That worked! Thank you!

myrockyboy, Jan 5, 2016
  6. That worked! Thank you!

myrockyboy, Jan 5, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    Great news! *Thumbs You're quite welcome!

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

My computer is asleep.

1. My computer is asleep. - Similar Threads - computer asleep

2. How can I get my computer to STAY asleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get my computer to STAY asleep?: I am at my wit's end here. I have a fan that's on its last leg and I try to give it a break when I can. But EVERY SINGLE MORNING at 2 AM I am woken up by my grindy fan. And then I put my computer back to sleep and tuck myself back into bed and as soon as I am about to fall...
  3. How can I get my computer to STAY asleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my computer to STAY asleep?: I am at my wit's end here. I have a fan that's on its last leg and I try to give it a break when I can. But EVERY SINGLE MORNING at 2 AM I am woken up by my grindy fan. And then I put my computer back to sleep and tuck myself back into bed and as soon as I am about to fall...
  4. How can I get my computer to STAY asleep?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why does my computer restart while asleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer restart while asleep?: For the last month or so sometimes when my computer is asleep it will have restarted and the programs I had open will not be open due to the restart. I'm not sure what's causing this issue and would greatly appreciate any help....
  6. Why does my computer restart while asleep?

Why does my computer restart while asleep?: For the last month or so sometimes when my computer is asleep it will have restarted and the programs I had open will not be open due to the restart. I'm not sure what's causing this issue and would greatly appreciate any help....
  7. Windows problem with computer heating up while asleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows problem with computer heating up while asleep: Hi, Hope your doing good, Following the last Linus video on the issues : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHKKcd3sx2c I wanted to know if Microsoft plan some support and refund on any break part that could have occur internally on a system due to this mistake. We all know once...
  8. Windows problem with computer heating up while asleep

Windows problem with computer heating up while asleep: Hi, Hope your doing good, Following the last Linus video on the issues : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHKKcd3sx2c I wanted to know if Microsoft plan some support and refund on any break part that could have occur internally on a system due to this mistake. We all know once...
  9. Keyboard stays asleep when computer wakes up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard stays asleep when computer wakes up: My USB keyboard stays asleep when Windows wakes up.No lights.No keystrokes passed to computer.Searching was no use because all results interpreted this as the keyboard is unable to wake up the computer. This problem is the opposite.Keyboard: Cool Master CK552...
  10. Keyboard stays asleep when computer wakes up

Keyboard stays asleep when computer wakes up: My USB keyboard stays asleep when Windows wakes up.No lights.No keystrokes passed to computer.Searching was no use because all results interpreted this as the keyboard is unable to wake up the computer. This problem is the opposite.Keyboard: Cool Master CK552...