Windows 10: my computer is bootlooping

Discus and support my computer is bootlooping in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello guys, I'm not really good at computer programming and other stuff but my pc is bootlooping after I tried to factory reset it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Matthew Torres, Jun 17, 2021.

1. my computer is bootlooping

Hello guys, I'm not really good at computer programming and other stuff but my pc is bootlooping after I tried to factory reset it yesterday.I don't get any error message but it just continue restarting...What should I do?

:)

Matthew Torres, Jun 17, 2021

2. Bootloop

I was in the process in resetting my computer, and suddenly it got stuck in a bootloop and nothing will work

JordanMiller1, Jun 17, 2021
  3. justasv Win User
    Sometimes computer enters boot loop, other times I see black screen

OK, thanks for the help. I will do what you suggested and try to reproduce my bootloop problem. Will come back to you with my findings.

You might have reasons for suggesting this, and I could just misunderstand them. But I just want to stress that it was never a BSOD problem for me, but rather a bootloop (The only BSOD that I got was a known issue with an incorrect version of COMODO). Also I installed Bitdefender just a few days ago, to replace COMODO.

justasv, Jun 17, 2021
  4. my computer is bootlooping

Bootloop

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would appreciate, if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better?

• What is the make and model of your system?

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

Step 1:

To diagnose whether this issue occurs in
    “Safe Mode”
    , let’s reboot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue appears there as well.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps us in identifying whether the issue is due to some
    third party programs conflict. The word Safe mode appear in the concern of your monitor to identify which windows mode you are using.

Follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Type settings in search and click on Settings.

• Click Update and recovery, and then tap or
      click Recovery.

• Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.

• Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click
      Troubleshoot.

• If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click
      advanced options.

• Tap or click Startup Settings.

• Tap or click Restart.

• On the Startup Settings screen, choose the
      Safe Mode.

• Sign in to your PC with a user account that has
      administrator rights.
    If issue didn't appear in safe mode perform Clean boot.

Step 2: Perform Clean Boot.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Check this issue in clean boot state.

• Press Windows key + X key. And select Run.
    • Type msconfig in the Run box and hit Enter.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the
      Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click
      Disable all
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click
      Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click
      Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click
      OK, and then restart the computer.
    Note: After clean boot troubleshooting step, follow the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

If issue still persists try method 2.

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

my computer is bootlooping

1. my computer is bootlooping - Similar Threads - computer bootlooping

2. I am trying to do a backup and my computer is stuck.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am trying to do a backup and my computer is stuck.: I am trying to do a backup and my computer froze. I am stuck at file history backup log. ***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Subscription, account, billing / For business / Other ***...
  3. Computer keeps black screening if i play a game with a controller plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps black screening if i play a game with a controller plugged in.: i seem to have a problem where if my controller is plugged in i get a irql_not_less_or_equal bsod or just a hard crash with no bsod. i tried to read the mini dump but couldn't find what the problem was. i have also tried updating windows and updating my graphics card. the...
  4. Computer keeps black screening if i play a game with a controller plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps black screening if i play a game with a controller plugged in.: i seem to have a problem where if my controller is plugged in i get a irql_not_less_or_equal bsod or just a hard crash with no bsod. i tried to read the mini dump but couldn't find what the problem was. i have also tried updating windows and updating my graphics card. the...
  5. None of the solutions are helping me. It's like they have no solution relevant to my computer.

None of the solutions are helping me. It's like they have no solution relevant to my computer.: I'm asking questions and trying the suggestions and none of them work for my computer or perhaps my dilemma. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/none-of-the-solutions-are-helping-me-its-like-they/a8d29e31-4484-42fc-910a-6cf796747e3d
  6. I have my computer stuck in BSOD bootloop and I can't get into bios.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have my computer stuck in BSOD bootloop and I can't get into bios.: Error says page fault in nonpaged area https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-my-computer-stuck-in-bsod-bootloop-and-i/349bb78d-c5d1-4f39-b54c-f6f18d88f78e
  7. I have my computer stuck in BSOD bootloop and I can't get into bios.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have my computer stuck in BSOD bootloop and I can't get into bios.: Error says page fault in nonpaged area https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-my-computer-stuck-in-bsod-bootloop-and-i/349bb78d-c5d1-4f39-b54c-f6f18d88f78e
  8. I have my computer stuck in BSOD bootloop and I can't get into bios.

9. computer stuck in bootloop but will not load the automatic repair tool

computer stuck in bootloop but will not load the automatic repair tool: please help, all my children's homeschool work is on the computer, i don't know what to do. I think my daughter pressed the power button and then quickly pressed it again to turn it off. Since then, it's stuck in a bootloop but will not boot the recovery tool screen. After...
  10. Computer stuck in infinite bootloop

Computer stuck in infinite bootloop: I was updating my version of windows 10 via the microsoft update wizard that the microsoft store redirected me to. The installer eventually got stuck at a certain percentage and wouldn't budge so I closed it. I tried reopening it and restarting the installation but it only...