Windows 10: My computer is broken

Discus and support My computer is broken in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried the "notepad trick" to get rid of the activate windows watermark, and after doing it, my PC is completely broken, it cannot automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jaxson Hester, Oct 3, 2022.

1. My computer is broken

I tried the "notepad trick" to get rid of the activate windows watermark, and after doing it, my PC is completely broken, it cannot automatically repair itself, it will not start in safe mode, I am now not even currently able to activate safe mode, I cannot reach the sign in screen, I attempted to reset windows, but everything is still broken, I have tried everything I can think of. I have no recovery points or image thingamajigs to restore from, but I know exactly what got me there. I opened notepad, made a blank file, copy and pasted this into it. @Echo offtaskkill /F /IM explorer.exeexplore

:)

Jaxson Hester, Oct 3, 2022
  2. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Oct 3, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. My computer is broken :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 3, 2022
  4. Aquinus Win User

My computer is broken

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

My computer is broken

1. My computer is broken - Similar Threads - computer broken

2. How can I factory reset my computer if the screen is broken and when I try to get on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I factory reset my computer if the screen is broken and when I try to get on the...: How can i https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-factory-reset-my-computer-if-the-screen/467f7017-504b-4a34-a182-c2670b4eabab
  3. How can I factory reset my computer if the screen is broken and when I try to get on the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I factory reset my computer if the screen is broken and when I try to get on the...: How can i https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-factory-reset-my-computer-if-the-screen/467f7017-504b-4a34-a182-c2670b4eabab
  4. Computer locked because PIN is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer locked because PIN is broken: Hello,I have a laptop running Windows 11. I am unable to log into it. On startup, I am prompted to put in my Microsoft password and verify with MFA. After this is successful, it asks me to “create a PIN”. However, when I click the “next” button it tells me that this option is...
  5. Computer locked because PIN is broken

Computer locked because PIN is broken: Hello,I have a laptop running Windows 11. I am unable to log into it. On startup, I am prompted to put in my Microsoft password and verify with MFA. After this is successful, it asks me to “create a PIN”. However, when I click the “next” button it tells me that this option is...
  6. My Quick Access is completely broken for all users on my computer;

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Quick Access is completely broken for all users on my computer;: I have tried everything I've found onlineThe automated troubleshootersSFCDISMReset all Folders And before anyone asks, I've found 9,000 threads suggesting I tick the two boxes in privacy; yes I did that multiple timesdel /f /q %appdata%/.../automaticitems &...
  7. My Quick Access is completely broken for all users on my computer;

My Quick Access is completely broken for all users on my computer;: I have tried everything I've found onlineThe automated troubleshootersSFCDISMReset all Folders And before anyone asks, I've found 9,000 threads suggesting I tick the two boxes in privacy; yes I did that multiple timesdel /f /q %appdata%/.../automaticitems &...
  8. My Quick Access is completely broken for all users on my computer;

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Windows updates have broken my ability to upload photos from my phone to my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates have broken my ability to upload photos from my phone to my computer.: I guess there was a forced update I try so hard to make it so windows can't break my machine. But as many have realized they switched a working photo viewer and editor out with a non-working one and then say you could switch back to photo "legacy". My problem is there new...
  10. Windows updates have broken my ability to upload photos from my phone to my computer.

Windows updates have broken my ability to upload photos from my phone to my computer.: I guess there was a forced update I try so hard to make it so windows can't break my machine. But as many have realized they switched a working photo viewer and editor out with a non-working one and then say you could switch back to photo "legacy". My problem is there new...