Windows 10: my computer is completely broken

Discus and support my computer is completely broken in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I recently installed the newest windows update and my computer has completely broken over it. At first, it would just freeze when booting. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShadyLitten, Apr 19, 2019.

1. my computer is completely broken

Hello. I recently installed the newest windows update and my computer has completely broken over it. At first, it would just freeze when booting. After trying a few things, it began to crash at the windows logo with the "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" BSOD. All of the advanced recovery options don't work, with these being the error messages for each:

Reset this PC: There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.

System Restore: Gets to restore points, but local disk says "you must enable system, protection on this drive".

Go back to previous version: We ran into a problem and won't be able to take you back to the previous version of Windows. Try resetting your PC instead.

Startup Repair: Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC.

Any startup setting: Critical_Process_Died BSOD,

System Image Recovery: Don't have it.

Ive tried installation media, but it fails. I took out my hard drive, put a different one in, and it still failed, saying there were corrupted files. Please help me. I just want to use my computer again. I've been trying to fix this for 3 days now.

[Probably a couple hours before this started, I ran a virus scan with Malwarebytes. I doubt that malware is the cause.]

Thanks,

ShadyLitten.

:)

ShadyLitten, Apr 19, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond my computer is completely broken :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Update Computer will not complete boot

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the behavior of your Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or components that are broken or missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you use the
    Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) on your computer to help you troubleshoot the common startup concern. To do this, you may follow the steps provided on this
    link.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps, and then complete the process. After completing the given steps, you may check if you’re able to use your device properly.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Apr 19, 2019
  4. my computer is completely broken

How to remove a broken link?

Hi Samuel,

There is a possibility that the uninstallation cannot be completed because of software conflicts. To isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• What app are you trying to uninstall?
    • How did you uninstall the app?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you boot your computer using Safe Mode then, uninstall the app. You may follow the steps found in this

article
    to do so.

Katrina Men, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

my computer is completely broken

1. my computer is completely broken - Similar Threads - computer completely broken

2. My Quick Access is completely broken for all users on my computer;

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Quick Access is completely broken for all users on my computer;: I have tried everything I've found onlineThe automated troubleshootersSFCDISMReset all Folders And before anyone asks, I've found 9,000 threads suggesting I tick the two boxes in privacy; yes I did that multiple timesdel /f /q %appdata%/.../automaticitems &...
  3. My Quick Access is completely broken for all users on my computer;

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Quick Access is completely broken for all users on my computer;: I have tried everything I've found onlineThe automated troubleshootersSFCDISMReset all Folders And before anyone asks, I've found 9,000 threads suggesting I tick the two boxes in privacy; yes I did that multiple timesdel /f /q %appdata%/.../automaticitems &...
  4. My Quick Access is completely broken for all users on my computer;

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. my audio drivers are completely broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my audio drivers are completely broken: I used to have Realtek audio drivers, after a month of my pc being off I Finally got time and went to use my pc i ended up updating the drivers and all of the sudden Realtek is gone and is taken over by High definition audio device although after the update everything was...
  6. My Windows Is Completely Broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Windows Is Completely Broken: Problems:- i cant reset yes i tried everything i could find on youtube and everytime it says "there was a problem resetting"- i cant download games because my app installer wont download yes i reset it and also went into powershell for it- cant download media tool as soon as...
  7. My taskbar is completely broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    My taskbar is completely broken: I have been having serious trouble with my taskbar ever since windows last update. The primary monitor taskbar will not appear over ANYTHING. restarting does nothing and my system is fully up to date. I honestly wish I could replace it entirely. I use displayFusion but...
  8. My windows is completely broken

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My windows is completely broken: OK, so I've been using windows since around the 95 days, same windows updated version by version since then until 1909 now. NEVER have I seen the system go this bad. Activation: Failed Update: Failed Reset: Failed I have tried EVERYTHING to get the activation working on my...
  9. Accidentally bumped my computer, now my audio is completely broken.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accidentally bumped my computer, now my audio is completely broken.: Just now I adjusted my chair and lightly hit my computer with my leg. When this happened, I heard an ear-splitting noise and all audio and video froze. To restart, I had to pull the plug on the computer and then restart to ensure it worked properly. Upon resuming normal...
  10. My windows is completely broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows is completely broken: I have no strength left. Windows does not work at all. It is broken and unusable. Clean installs does not help because it is windows, not me I have 7 different PC's all with different versions and builds, same issues all across. Biggest issues is networking does not...