Windows 10: My computer is COMPLETELY unresponsive.

Discus and support My computer is COMPLETELY unresponsive. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have no idea what might be wrong. I can’t open any apps includes things like settings and task manager. When i try to restart the computer it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ConnerATK, Jan 31, 2021.

1. ConnerATK Win User

My computer is COMPLETELY unresponsive.

I have no idea what might be wrong. I can’t open any apps includes things like settings and task manager. When i try to restart the computer it just loads forever. My keyboard wont even work past the login screen. The only thing that will work is my mouse. How do i fix this?

:)

ConnerATK, Jan 31, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My computer is COMPLETELY unresponsive. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 31, 2021
  3. My computer just becomes completely unresponsive

Hi Opeyemi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest you to check for updates and make sure that your computer is installed with all the latest one available till date.

I suggest you to run System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to determine which file is causing the issue, and then replace the file. To do this, follow these steps:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 31, 2021
  4. My computer is COMPLETELY unresponsive.

My computer just becomes completely unresponsive

Thanks for your quick response, there was no error found but My computer still becomes completely unresponsive whenever I'm working on it . I can't move my mouse, I can't use ctrl+alt+delete to get
    to Task Manager, when I check to see if my keyboard is still working, I try to turn caps lock off and on and that doesn't work. So whatever this issue is, it's just completely crashing my computer. This freezing causes me to hard restart my computer every
    single time.
    I hope to hear from you soon.

OpeyemiOtokola, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

My computer is COMPLETELY unresponsive.

1. My computer is COMPLETELY unresponsive. - Similar Threads - computer COMPLETELY unresponsive

2. PC is completely unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is completely unresponsive: The computer starts up ro the desktop just fine, but nothing opens when I click on it. I can't open settings to reset, I can't boot up in safe mode, I can't use command prompt, nothing is responding. Is there anything I can do?...
  3. PC is completely unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is completely unresponsive: The computer starts up ro the desktop just fine, but nothing opens when I click on it. I can't open settings to reset, I can't boot up in safe mode, I can't use command prompt, nothing is responding. Is there anything I can do?...
  4. Windows 10 completely unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 completely unresponsive: I turned on my computer today, and it was as usual, and there was an update. Once it was finished, I was greeted to a completely black desktop with Error status 0xc00012f. The application icons slowly appeared, as well as the taskbar. The only responsive applications were...
  5. Windows 10 completely unresponsive

Windows 10 completely unresponsive: I turned on my computer today, and it was as usual, and there was an update. Once it was finished, I was greeted to a completely black desktop with Error status 0xc00012f. The application icons slowly appeared, as well as the taskbar. The only responsive applications were...
  6. Windows security completely unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security completely unresponsive: Recently I noticed when I download something through Opera it can't confirm the download status as before, permanently leaving a 100%/100% 0bytes download in the little download menu. I looked up the problem, seemed to stem from some anti virus software according to...
  7. Windows security completely unresponsive

Windows security completely unresponsive: Recently I noticed when I download something through Opera it can't confirm the download status as before, permanently leaving a 100%/100% 0bytes download in the little download menu. I looked up the problem, seemed to stem from some anti virus software according to...
  8. Windows security completely unresponsive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Completely unresponsive windows Icons

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Completely unresponsive windows Icons: Good afternoon, Facing a bit of an issue here, I installed windows 10 on computer, at the beginning everything was fine, the mail was correctly linked with my mailbox and new mails were displayed, I was having a bit of issues with activating the licence key, so I tried...
  10. Laptop completely unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop completely unresponsive: 2 days ago I decided to run a disk defrag, which took a long time and during and after the disk defrag my laptop was constantly freezing, I decided to system restore to a previous point and my laptop worked for a day but now it has started freezing again, I ran sfc which...