Windows 10: My computer is confusing my touch screen as a pen device

Discus and support My computer is confusing my touch screen as a pen device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Flex6-14 laptop with Active Pen2 and my touch screen stopped working one day without any updates made to the computer. I went into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Millyjo, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Millyjo Win User

My computer is confusing my touch screen as a pen device

I have a Lenovo Flex6-14 laptop with Active Pen2 and my touch screen stopped working one day without any updates made to the computer. I went into Device Manager and in the properties of HID-compliant touch screen it says the location as being Lenovo Pen Device. There is no driver update and there is no rollback. It also says it is working correctly so any troubleshooting detects no problems. My pen still works with the screen. I've tried to use touch in BIOS and it doesn't work there. On Nov. 27 I updated a driver from the Lenovo website for Wacom device because my Pen Settings App was not working correctly and didn't connect to my pen, but it began working properly after the download. My touch screen stopped working December 4th. I have uninstalled the Pen Settings App and restarted but no luck.

When I disable Lenovo Pen Device it gives me this error on the HID-compliant touch screen driver. "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45 To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

Is there any other way to fix it so it stops reading the pen incorrectly? There is only one other question I found related to my problem as my issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/my-computer-thinks-my-drawing-tablet-is-a-mouse/ec267d2f-6c26-490f-bbe4-dad7e9a1932f?page=1

The solutions I've tried from other forums that don't work:

1. Enabling and disabling the driver.

2. Uninstalling the driver

3. Restarting the laptop

4. Hardware and Sounds troubleshooting

5. Downloading every update available even the optional ones, including BIOS

6. Went into Safe Mode with network to enable, disable

:)

Millyjo, Dec 9, 2020

2. Windows properties show that no pen or touch is available for my display and touch screen not working.

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Try to run Hardware Troubleshooter. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes and click on
      Troubleshooting.

• In the new window, click View all on the left pane.

• In the list of options, click on Hardware and devices.

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates. Try and update the touch screen drivers and check for the resolution.

• Press Windows key and X on your desktop and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Human Interface Devices.

• Locate the Touch screen driver.

• Right-click on the driver icon and click on
      Update Driver Software

• Click on Search automatically for the updated driver software.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to update the touchpad driver.

Touch and pen settings: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/touch-pen-settings-frequently-asked-questions

Check if it resolves the issue.

If not, please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

SujataMoktan, Dec 9, 2020
  3. DebbyJ Win User
    How can I enable touch pen screen - Lenovo SL510

Hi! How can I enable pen and touch on my Lenovo SL510 laptop computer? I see it listed in my Control panel. I don't see it listed in my system devices. I tried to use a stylus I had on it yesterday, and it wouldn't work. If you can find the solution to this problem, I will appreciate it! Thanks!

DebbyJ, Dec 9, 2020
  4. dencal Win User

touch pen not working

What computer or tablet is it.?

dencal, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

1. My computer is confusing my touch screen as a pen device - Similar Threads - computer confusing touch

2. The flicks tab from pen and touch doesn’t appear on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The flicks tab from pen and touch doesn’t appear on my computer: I tried everything, it is just not there. Please don’t answers me instructions on how to search it, I know what I am looking for, it is just not there....
  3. The flicks tab from pen and touch doesn’t appear on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The flicks tab from pen and touch doesn’t appear on my computer: I tried everything, it is just not there. Please don’t answers me instructions on how to search it, I know what I am looking for, it is just not there....
  4. Touch screen and pen lagging / skipping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen and pen lagging / skipping: My touch screen and pen have recently started to skip certain areas on my screen. I have tired to calibrate and reinstall the touch screen but nothing has been working....
  5. Touch screen and pen lagging / skipping

Touch screen and pen lagging / skipping: My touch screen and pen have recently started to skip certain areas on my screen. I have tired to calibrate and reinstall the touch screen but nothing has been working....
  6. Microsoft my devices confusion?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft my devices confusion?: Hi everyone, I am viewing my devices in my Microsoft account and I notice most of my laptops have the name, but one of them doesn’t. It has the correct serial and make of the laptop. Is there an error or is that okay?Also, some of them say Windows 11, some of them say Windows...
  7. Microsoft my devices confusion?

Microsoft my devices confusion?: Hi everyone, I am viewing my devices in my Microsoft account and I notice most of my laptops have the name, but one of them doesn’t. It has the correct serial and make of the laptop. Is there an error or is that okay?Also, some of them say Windows 11, some of them say Windows...
  8. pen and touch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pen and touch: hello my name is ryan and yesterday i did and update on my computer and when it was done the touch screen function was uninstalled and i cant seam to find the driver anywhere on line. can some one help me out this laptop is in side of a truck and needs the touch screen...
  9. Pen and Touch Support

Pen and Touch Support: Hi, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T540p and I would like to know if it has Pen and/or Touch support. In setting, I went to system to about then I saw Pen and touch: Touch support with two touch points. I would like to know if this means I have Pen and Touch support...
  10. pen for use on touch screen

pen for use on touch screen: what kind of pen do I need for a touch screen laptop (not Microsoft Surface). I have tried the non electronic ie just a rubber tip and they don't wot=rk as well as my finger...