Windows 10: My computer is connected to wifi but i can't access the internet.

Discus and support My computer is connected to wifi but i can't access the internet. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been using this computer for years and just yesterday started having this problem. The space that I am using the computer in doesn't have an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pretzelbear, Aug 4, 2020.

1. My computer is connected to wifi but i can't access the internet.

I have been using this computer for years and just yesterday started having this problem. The space that I am using the computer in doesn't have an ethernet port so I am using a REALTEK wifi adapter that has worked like a charm up until now. The network menu says that I have perfect connection, all 3 bars, yet when I try to open up a page in Edge or Chrome, it says "website took too long to respond". From here I tried running network diagnostics and it aays there is a problem, but it can't identify it. I've tried restarting my PC, restarting the modem and router, using a different account, flushing DNS, ejecting and rebooting the wifi adapter, and when i try ipconfig /release, it says "media disconnected". All of my other devices including my other microsoft PC work fine, yet none of the apps or browsers on this one work at all. Any ideas other than replacing the whole thing?

:)

pretzelbear, Aug 4, 2020

2. I cant access to my wifi router

Wifi router

Hello marcosamerio..
    If you are unable to connect access your wifi router then there must be some problem with connection. I think the following step scan help you to connect it properly to wireless router.

Connect your computer to the wireless router. Although you can access the router wirelessly, it is better to use an Ethernet cable to directly connect to your router so that you can securely adjust router settings. Plug the Ethernet cable into the appropriate Ethernet jack on your computer. Plug the other end of the cable into any one of the open Ethernet ports on the back of your wireless router.

2. Open a Web browser. In the URL address field, enter the IP address for your wireless router. This information should be contained in your router’s manual. If you cannot find it, enter “198.168.1.1” as the address. This is usually the default IP address for most routers.

3. Enter the username and password for your router. This should also be supplied in the router’s manual. If you don’t have this information, go to the RouterPasswords website and find the brand and model of your router. This site lists the default login information for most wireless routers.

4. You should now be able to see your wireless router settings. You can configure your network ports, as well as SSID (wireless network name) and passwords.

mariamenounous, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Pfy'reth Win User
    Wifi connects but no network internet

Currently my internet is being a little troubled. I can connect to the wifi, but only one of the networks on my computer (we have a 2.4 ghz and a 5ghz network, I can only connect to the 2.4ghz network). So, I can connect to that network, and the internet
    does in fact work. Youtube runs, I can download things, etc. However, when I over over the wifi symbol, it says (24WillaRouter, Internet Access .... Network, No internet access), but for most intents and purposes, the internet works fine. The exception comes
    when I try hosting a game session on my computer that I run, and it acts as if I don't have internet in that scenario, and beyond that, I can't connect to the 5 ghz network for the faster download speeds. As of now, I use a wifi adapter on my computer to connect
    to the network and it seems to be in fine working order. Phones and my laptop don't seem to have this problem. I'm really befuddled because I can't seem to find anyone that is having this specific problem.

As a note, here are the things I have tried to resolve the issue:

Reboot the modem and router several times

Restart/Shutdown my computer several times

Multiple ipconfig commands suggested by "12 Step by Step Fix to Wifi Connected but no Internet Access"

Restart Modem via Xfinity Customer Profile

Pfy'reth, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

My computer is connected to wifi but i can't access the internet.

Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You should still be able to use NavyLCDR's second step without changing the WiFi password.

Bree, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

My computer is connected to wifi but i can't access the internet.

1. My computer is connected to wifi but i can't access the internet. - Similar Threads - computer connected wifi

2. Connected with Wifi but no Internet Access on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected with Wifi but no Internet Access on computer: I sharing this Issue because normally we have face this on Windows 10 and it's common Issue so I am sharing step to fix this IssueStep 1 - Go-To Control Panel , Look for Internet Option, Select Connection option and click on Lan Setting & If you see Proxy Server is checked...
  3. Connected with Wifi but no Internet Access on computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected with Wifi but no Internet Access on computer: I sharing this Issue because normally we have face this on Windows 10 and it's common Issue so I am sharing step to fix this IssueStep 1 - Go-To Control Panel , Look for Internet Option, Select Connection option and click on Lan Setting & If you see Proxy Server is checked...
  4. Connected with Wifi but no Internet Access on computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Connected to Wifi, but no access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to Wifi, but no access to the internet: At work, my computer will connect to the server, but I have no internet access on Wifi. If I use an ethernet, all's well. It worked yesterday. I had the IT guy here. He reverted my computer to the last software update and it did not fix the problem. I am using a Surface Book...
  6. Connected to Wifi, but no access to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected to Wifi, but no access to the internet: At work, my computer will connect to the server, but I have no internet access on Wifi. If I use an ethernet, all's well. It worked yesterday. I had the IT guy here. He reverted my computer to the last software update and it did not fix the problem. I am using a Surface Book...
  7. Connected to Wifi, but no access to the internet

8. Wifi connected but no internet access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi connected but no internet access: Hellooo! So my laptop suddenly didnt work and I had to reset everything.. and now my wifi doesnt work.. it is connected, but I have no internet. I also tried if the personal hotspot of my phone would work, but its the same case :( I have no knowledge regarding IT so I tried...
  9. Wifi Connected Can Access Internet but Network Computers Can't Reach I

Wifi Connected Can Access Internet but Network Computers Can't Reach I: I am using Windows 10 Home ver. 2004 I have a laptop that attaches to my WiFi network as it should. It has a full signal strength WiFi connection and can browse the Internet with no problems. The problem is my other computers on the network cannot see it. When I try, I get...
  10. Connected to wifi but no internet access

Connected to wifi but no internet access: My computer can connect to wifi and it also says that it has internet access but when i go to every website it says that I'm not connected to internet. I tried to ping to gateway 192.168.1.1 but requested timeout. I can only have like 5 seconds of internet access but then...