Windows 10: My computer is detecting my headphones as speakers.

Discus and support My computer is detecting my headphones as speakers. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My headphones show up as speakers in the sound control panel. When someone talks on the left/right side, it sounds super loud on that side and nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SerraTL, Apr 2, 2020.

1. My computer is detecting my headphones as speakers.

My headphones show up as speakers in the sound control panel.

When someone talks on the left/right side, it sounds super loud on that side and nothing on the other side. My headphones are being treated like speakers.

This issue started today when I switched to an ASUS motherboard. It installed Realtek Audio Console for me. I tried "make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously" like some people suggested online. It showed my headphones as actual headphones, but nothing changed sound-wise.

I also tried reinstalling drivers and using the sound troubleshooter. Nothing worked.

Please save this poor soul.

submitted by /u/SerraTL
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SerraTL, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Apr 2, 2020
  4. My computer is detecting my headphones as speakers.

computer detects headphones as speakers, even though it's plugged into the front headphones socket

I build this computer a few days ago, and ever since then, it's been detecting my headphones as speakers. I have tried uninstalling the realtek drivers in device manager and it didn't help. I also am 100% certain that the green cable and pink cables are
    plugged into the right spot in front of the computer, since it is working. Is there any way to make windows not detect these as speakers? or to change it into headphones somehow? the volume is extremely low and not as clear when it is detected as speakers
    and it's very frustrating.

gassy lammas, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

My computer is detecting my headphones as speakers.

1. My computer is detecting my headphones as speakers. - Similar Threads - computer detecting headphones

2. My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected: I have a realtk driver and i'm on windows 10Windows detects my speakers and enables it although it's not even plugged.It doesn't detect my headphones and it's plugged and my microphone tooIn the front panel.I tried to switch to Windows original high defnition audio driver but...
  3. My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected: I have a realtk driver and i'm on windows 10Windows detects my speakers and enables it although it's not even plugged.It doesn't detect my headphones and it's plugged and my microphone tooIn the front panel.I tried to switch to Windows original high defnition audio driver but...
  4. My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headphones detecting as speakers

Headphones detecting as speakers: need help searched the internet for solutions non of them worked so far https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-detecting-as-speakers/f6ec7b99-aaf6-4a97-868c-085fd31e8b45
  6. Computer detects my headphones but no sound

Computer detects my headphones but no sound: Greetings, My laptop was fine but after a reset, my headphones stopped working. When I plug it in, it is detected but no sound from any headphone or earbuds i plug in. They all work on other devices though. I tried to troubleshoot but windows cant find anything. I tried to...
  7. windows detecting my headphones as speaker

windows detecting my headphones as speaker: i just got this pc few days ago but windows is detecting my headphones as speaker. I checked the behind of the pc is red plug red and green plug green. The volume is very low...
  8. USB Speakers detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Speakers detected as headphones: I’ve got Audioengine A2+ speakers, and when I plug them in with USB windows always detects them as headphones and not speakers. I’m not sure if it makes any difference, but it’s frustrating and nothing fixes it. For reference, I’ve got an msi z490i unify with Realtek drivers....
  9. No speakers or headphones detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No speakers or headphones detected: Getting the error "dxd audio failed to initialize", I want to prevent this message closing the program or some way to bypass it. Running troubleshoot says there may be problem with audio device and sfc gives no error. Using desktop without sound card, heaphones or speakers...
  10. Headphones detected as Speakers

Headphones detected as Speakers: Hi, I brought SteelSeries Arctis 3 (no usb) headphones. I plugged them in the front jack, as my logitech speakers are plugged in the rear jack. The Via audio driver windows 10 provides, detects my headphones as my speakers, so even if both are plugged, only my headphones...