Windows 10: My computer is doing stuff on its own and keys wont work.

Discus and support My computer is doing stuff on its own and keys wont work. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was using my computer and it all of a sudden started typing all kinds of random stuff and deleting stuff from the home screen and then when it stoped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EricaCarroll1, Apr 16, 2021.

1. My computer is doing stuff on its own and keys wont work.

I was using my computer and it all of a sudden started typing all kinds of random stuff and deleting stuff from the home screen and then when it stoped all the letters on the top line q throught p stopped working so i can't do anything on it. Its a custom pc running windows 10. Please help its unusable at the moment.

:)

EricaCarroll1, Apr 16, 2021
  2. Autumn20 Win User

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Autumn20 Win User
    Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Apr 16, 2021
  4. My computer is doing stuff on its own and keys wont work.

Equals Key Wont Work

We suggest that you update the keyboard driver. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboards.
    • Click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Next and follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

My computer is doing stuff on its own and keys wont work.

1. My computer is doing stuff on its own and keys wont work. - Similar Threads - computer doing stuff

2. My computer restarts on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer restarts on its own: My computer restarts on its own when I launch a game. I use a configuration under Am5. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-restarts-on-its-own/88010eb1-df91-42c9-a222-08c0a0de7096
  3. My computer restarts on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer restarts on its own: My computer restarts on its own when I launch a game. I use a configuration under Am5. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-restarts-on-its-own/88010eb1-df91-42c9-a222-08c0a0de7096
  4. my laptop is working on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop is working on its own: I have lenovo ideapad 100 with windows 10. From past few weeks it has started working on its own.It scrolls down itself. If I try to open some app it opens another one which is located below the app I want to use.Please help if someone is able guide me.Thank you...
  5. my laptop is working on its own

my laptop is working on its own: I have lenovo ideapad 100 with windows 10. From past few weeks it has started working on its own.It scrolls down itself. If I try to open some app it opens another one which is located below the app I want to use.Please help if someone is able guide me.Thank you...
  6. my laptop is working on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My computer holds the shift key on its own, at random moments

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer holds the shift key on its own, at random moments: My shift button used to work fine. But one day, out of nowhere, it started getting held on its own, and I never found out why. I have to spam my shift keys a few times to fix it, but it always comes back in. At most, it comes back in under 15 minutes. I didn't mind it too...
  8. My computer holds the shift key on its own, at random moments

My computer holds the shift key on its own, at random moments: My shift button used to work fine. But one day, out of nowhere, it started getting held on its own, and I never found out why. I have to spam my shift keys a few times to fix it, but it always comes back in. At most, it comes back in under 15 minutes. I didn't mind it too...
  9. my laptop wont recognize its own speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop wont recognize its own speakers: ok so back in 2018 I was having trouble factory resetting my ASUS transformer laptop due to windows updates taking all the memory and that cause the laptop to not factory reset so I used the microsoft remote help and the person on the other end tried deleting system files and...
  10. Why is my computer restarting on its own?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my computer restarting on its own?: The last couple of days my PC has been restarting itself sometime at night I'm assuming. I have been doing a lot of large file transfers which is why I've been leaving my PC on overnight recently and I notice that in the morning it's on the logon screen. Here are the logs...