Windows 10: My computer is doing stuff on its own and keys wont work.

Discus and support My computer is doing stuff on its own and keys wont work. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was using my computer and it all of a sudden started typing all kinds of random stuff and deleting stuff from the home screen and then when it stoped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EricaCarroll1, Apr 16, 2021.

1. My computer is doing stuff on its own and keys wont work.

I was using my computer and it all of a sudden started typing all kinds of random stuff and deleting stuff from the home screen and then when it stoped all the letters on the top line q throught p stopped working so i can't do anything on it. Its a custom pc running windows 10. Please help its unusable at the moment.

:)

EricaCarroll1, Apr 16, 2021
  2. Autumn20 Win User

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Autumn20 Win User
    Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Apr 16, 2021
  4. My computer is doing stuff on its own and keys wont work.

Equals Key Wont Work

We suggest that you update the keyboard driver. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboards.
    • Click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Next and follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

My computer is doing stuff on its own and keys wont work.

1. My computer is doing stuff on its own and keys wont work. - Similar Threads - computer doing stuff

2. Computer shuts down on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer shuts down on its own: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." I have a GT70 2QD Dominator, recently I did a clean installation to an SSD, it was somewhat messy, had to do it...
  3. my laptop wont recognize its own speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop wont recognize its own speakers: ok so back in 2018 I was having trouble factory resetting my ASUS transformer laptop due to windows updates taking all the memory and that cause the laptop to not factory reset so I used the microsoft remote help and the person on the other end tried deleting system files and...
  4. Computer Reboots randomly on its own

Computer Reboots randomly on its own: The System Event Viewer says: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8023b7fd6b7, 0xfffff58ce809e3d8, 0xffffa280bdd63920. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  5. Why my computer starts by its own?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why my computer starts by its own?: Pls can anyone help? submitted by /u/Qwr631 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hx61cp/why_my_computer_starts_by_its_own/
  6. Why is my computer restarting on its own?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my computer restarting on its own?: The last couple of days my PC has been restarting itself sometime at night I'm assuming. I have been doing a lot of large file transfers which is why I've been leaving my PC on overnight recently and I notice that in the morning it's on the logon screen. Here are the logs...
  7. Laptop pressing its own keys

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop pressing its own keys: Hello, I've recently received a new laptop for school. When I use it, I usually just slam the lid down and shove it into my backpack. In the past few weeks, I've noticed that when I'd get home and open up my laptop, all the keys have been pressed and there's...
  8. My computer registers keystrokes on its own

My computer registers keystrokes on its own: Hey! I recently bought a hp gaming laptop with Win10. But recently i have been facing some problens with the computer. The system eandomly regosters keystroke especially the key "a" and the down navigation key. But when i want to use the key it wont work. I tried...
  9. My computer connects to an external monitor but not its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer connects to an external monitor but not its own: It's a Lenovo X1 Carbon third gen. How could I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-connects-to-an-external-monitor-but/4d967ce7-4b6a-4365-9b4e-286e49c81454
  10. My computer keeps shutting down on its own?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer keeps shutting down on its own?: In the error report i get: Description: A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1: ffffe00b469ff010 Parameter 2: fffff80515ebec88 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 2db0 OS...