Windows 10: My Computer is encountering an error while trying to update windows 10

Discus and support My Computer is encountering an error while trying to update windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently tried to update windows 10.0.17134.407 in order to try and solve some other issues with my computer, but when I attempt to update I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Beebis, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Beebis Win User

My Computer is encountering an error while trying to update windows 10

I recently tried to update windows 10.0.17134.407 in order to try and solve some other issues with my computer, but when I attempt to update I get the error code (0x80080005). I've searched just about everywhere and tried a variety of things, but none seem to have solved the problem. I had seen another post talk about entering:

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

into the command prompt as administrator. However, after entering "net stop wuauserv", I received the message:

The Windows Update service is not started.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3521.

and the other commands don't seem to do anything either. out of curiosity, I tried typing "net start wuauserv" and got:

The Windows Update service could not be started.

A system error has occurred.

System error 590 has occurred.

{Unexpected Failure in DebugActiveProcess}

An unexpected failure occurred while processing a DebugActiveProcess API request. You may choose OK to terminate the process, or Cancel to ignore the error.

I've also tried "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" as well as "sfc /scannow", but all that seemed to do was fix some corrupted files.

I'm not too sure if this has anything to do with it, but I also looked at the event viewer and under systems, every minute or so I get the error:

The description for Event ID 7023 from source Service Control Manager cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Windows Update

%%3355443790

The locale specific resource for the desired message is not present

(the service control manager was set to manual when I check it out so I set it to run automatically, but that didn't seem to do much of anything) I also get the error:

The server {E60687F7-01A1-40AA-86AC-DB1CBF673334} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Does anyone know how to solve this? I know this is a lot, but I feel like I'm kinda out of options at this point.

:)

Beebis, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Silvero Win User

Windows 10 Update C1900101-30018 Error

Hello, I am trying to update from Windows 8 to Windows 10 directly from notifications but I am getting this error after the setup is completed. I am getting this error after: C1900101-30018 Error

Error: https://postimg.org/image/m146zmpav/
    Notification upgrade: https://postimg.org/image/l2mwuhyn5/

Any help would be appreciated *Smile My Computer is encountering an error while trying to update windows 10 :) Thank you.

Silvero, Dec 5, 2019
  3. macbeth Win User
    windows update Error number 0x80004005

When i try to update windows. This came up.

[Error number: 0x80004005]
    The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
    For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup
    For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

Thats what it said when i tried updating windows, anyone know why?

macbeth, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Recon-UK Win User

Recon-UK, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

1. My Computer is encountering an error while trying to update windows 10 - Similar Threads - Computer encountering error

2. Unable to update my computer. Error encounter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update my computer. Error encounter: I can't update my computer. It shows this error when my computer try to install updates. **there were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. if you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:...
  3. Unable to update my computer. Error encounter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update my computer. Error encounter: I can't update my computer. It shows this error when my computer try to install updates. **there were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. if you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:...
  4. error encountered while a windows update:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error encountered while a windows update:: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x801901f4...
  5. error encountered while a windows update:

error encountered while a windows update:: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x801901f4...
  6. error encountered while a windows update:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Error Encountered while updating Windows 10

Error Encountered while updating Windows 10: Please someone solve this. I have done many things from watching youtube but it's not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-encountered-while-updating-windows-10/872a047f-df44-49ca-aa16-38c8d4d5a0e0
  8. Error Encountered while updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Encountered while updating Windows 10: Please someone solve this. I have done many things from watching youtube but it's not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-encountered-while-updating-windows-10/872a047f-df44-49ca-aa16-38c8d4d5a0e0
  9. Error Encountered while updating Windows 10

10. Error Encountered while updating Windows

Error Encountered while updating Windows: An update is being prepared for your device, but it is not quite ready yet. How to fix this error? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-encountered-while-updating-windows/641f9cf3-fec5-4560-a67d-210c1a2a25f5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system error 590 has occurred.{unexpected failure in debugactiveprocess}