Windows 10: My computer is forcing an update on me

Discus and support My computer is forcing an update on me in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday I was prompted to do a windows update by my computer, so i installed the update and then after the update all my games were running at 0 fps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LennyGS204, Apr 20, 2020.

1. My computer is forcing an update on me

Yesterday I was prompted to do a windows update by my computer, so i installed the update and then after the update all my games were running at 0 fps in comparison to the usual 20 - 30. so i uninstalled the update and evrything was fine again. But today when i tried to restart my computer to try to resolve a wifi issue, it said i have to do the update. so I ran the shutdown -s -t 0

command to try to shut down without updating but then it started updating anyway! I just used the power button to turn off my computer and then turned it back on and it started updating DURING STARTUP. Why is microsoft forcing an update on me that ruins my computer that I dont want! this is ridiculous. How can i shutdown my computer without updating?

:)

LennyGS204, Apr 20, 2020

2. Microsoft forced updates

Hello,

A driver is a program that controls a device that is connected to your computer. Having an outdated driver after installing a Windows update may cause functionality issues due to incompatibility and this may be the reason you're experiencing screen flickering.
    To resolve the said issue, we suggest that you refer
    here
    which lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for screen flickering in Windows 10.

Let us know if the steps on the link addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Apr 20, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My computer is forcing an update on me :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 20, 2020
  4. My computer is forcing an update on me

6303c - Forcing Firmware Update v10

Hi All

I got a 6303 as it's listed on BMW as being 100% compliant with incar bluetooth. Sadly Orange have branded the phone which means that it's stuck on v9.40 and NSU shows no updates as being available.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can force a firmware update to v10 and whether it will damage the phone?

Any suggestion much appreciated.

ChrisEFrost, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

My computer is forcing an update on me

1. My computer is forcing an update on me - Similar Threads - computer forcing update

2. Latest update forced me to format my computer and install windows 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update forced me to format my computer and install windows 1909: Updated windows to the latest version yesterday. After this I started getting screen tearing in videos which is weird but I didn't necessarily blame on the update. The next occurence was that every single game began crashing withyn 5 to 10 minutes, followed by my display...
  3. My pc keeps freezing forcing me to shut down my computer and it will take me to the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc keeps freezing forcing me to shut down my computer and it will take me to the...: Ok, so today I was playing Minecraft and all of a sudden and the audio cuts out and it freezes. I hit the shut down button on the front of the pc. When I boot it back up, it pulls a recovery screen on me. I just restarted and it works fine. I tested this on other games and it...
  4. Forced update wiped my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced update wiped my computer.: I just booted up and found that Microsoft did a forced update that wiped my computer clean. It is now like an out of the box brand new computer save for virus software, quicken, and turbo tax. No pictures, no files, my business is gone, no favorites. Nothing. Any suggestions?...
  5. Your forced update ruined my computer!

Your forced update ruined my computer!: I have the blue screen of death, This is fraud, I did not want the update! My computer was fine prior to the update! I gather the "fix" is to purchase yet another window based computer, to download some fix for your forced update! No Way! I went out and got another...
  6. Computer freezes up, forcing me to reboot.

Computer freezes up, forcing me to reboot.: Dear Sirs, I have now for a few weeks suffered from Windows 10 freezing up when playing War Thunder through Steam. Occasionally I have recieved a BSOD but 95% of the time it is only a freeze followed by two failed attempts to log in to Windows freeze again at windows start...
  7. Forced update bricked my computer...

Forced update bricked my computer...: So, I had some work I was doing up on my computer, work I had taken all day to complete. I was away for a short time, and got hit by the forced windows update. I come back and it says the update was "27%" complete. An hour later, still at 27%. It was hung. I rebooted the...
  8. Computer randomly freezes and forces me to restart.

Computer randomly freezes and forces me to restart.: So I've had this random freeze crash for a while now. It happens entirely at random, sometimes while I'm gaming and sometimes just while I'm sitting on my desktop with nothing open. The biggest annoyance is that I recently just wiped my hard drive and completely reset my...
  9. My computer forced an update and all my documents are gone!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer forced an update and all my documents are gone!!: M My computer forced an update and now when I turn it on, all my stuff is gone. Where are my documents? my pictures? my music??? Please let me know ASAP - I'm freaking out over here...
  10. Upgrading to Windows 10 forced me to reset my computer to factory

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading to Windows 10 forced me to reset my computer to factory: A while back i upgraded to windows 10, everything was going good, i enjoyed many of its features but one day after a update, my screen was black except for my mouse. I tried everything, used my phone to go online and see if there was a solution and nothing was working no...