Windows 10: My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.

Discus and support My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, my computer is freezing for no apparent reason while using Windows 11.It has stopped with error code 0x8007000D - 0x90002, though this code is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kyle Manel, Feb 26, 2024.

1. My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.

So, my computer is freezing for no apparent reason while using Windows 11.It has stopped with error code 0x8007000D - 0x90002, though this code is not provided on all halts.It 'randomly' freezes during operation with no recognized cause, with random apps active.Current State:- It has the latest drivers, and is updated to Windows 11 v22H2, which is the latest it can be presently.- I have previously tried repairing as well as a re-installation of Windows 11 previously.- I have also contacted my motherboard manufacturer, and they verified that I had the most current drivers and BIOS installed in

:)

Kyle Manel, Feb 26, 2024

2. Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Feb 26, 2024
  3. Computer freezes after latest update!

Hi Ory,

Thank you for updating us with the status of the issue.

This issue might be due to your graphic drivers might be incompatible.

I would suggest you to update your graphic card drivers and check if it helps.

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display adapter and expand it.
      • Right click on the device and select Update driver.

If the issue still persists, uninstall and reinstall Graphic drivers.

• Press Windows key + R key.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
    • In device manager go to display adapter.
    • Right click and uninstall.
    After you uninstall the drives, I suggest you to reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturing website and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 26, 2024
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.

1. My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates. - Similar Threads - computer freezing periodically

2. My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.: So, my computer is freezing for no apparent reason while using Windows 11.It has stopped with error code 0x8007000D - 0x90002, though this code is not provided on all halts.It 'randomly' freezes during operation with no recognized cause, with random apps active.Current...
  3. Computer freezing periodically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing periodically: System Info:Windows 10 Education 64-bit latest updatesCPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800XRAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB 2x8GB DDR4-320GPU: MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X 8G OCMotherBoard: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWKPower Supply: Corsair RM850 850W 80+ Gold Modular PSUStorage: Samsung SSD 860 M.2 2TBMonitors:...
  4. My computer has been freezing

My computer has been freezing: My computer has been freezing a lot and it does not work. I am using the latest Windows 10 pro, Here are computer specs: Intel I5 10th gen Radeon 5500 XT OC Rog Strix Z490-E gaming Vengence Corsair 16 gigs CX750m corsair power supply Be quiet dark rock TF Error...
  5. My screen freezes after installing the latest driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My screen freezes after installing the latest driver: Recently I have been having issues related to m display adapters, this never happened before and read everywhere regarding the issue but there seems to be no website or video related to it. Well, the issue is after installing the latest driver for my display adapters, for...
  6. Latest Windows Update freezes my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows Update freezes my computer: The latest Windows update causes my computer to freeze frequently. I have to shut it off and turn it back on, which is very time-consuming and frustrating. I have Microsoft Windows 10 Home, and the version number is 10.0.17763 Build 17763. The update was installed in the last...
  7. Latest update freezes my laptop

Latest update freezes my laptop: Once again, the latest update has caused an issue with my laptop. Since the update, every time my laptop goes into its power saving mode, on awakening the wireless network adapter has to be reset. Or it freezes, in black screen, and must be forced to power down. Why, oh...
  8. Latest update freezes my laptop

Latest update freezes my laptop: Hi everyone, when I installed the last MS major update on the weekend my laptop kept freezing. After wasting a whole day trying to solve the problem with all of the troubleshooting options for DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION, I finally resorted yesterday to restore the previous...
  9. Windows 10 latest update freezes computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 latest update freezes computer: The latest Windows update started installing on my wife's laptop. It is hung up stating that it is "Updating your system (100%)" but that has been going on for two hours. How do I fix this without losing her hard drive?...
  10. Latest update has broken GPU driver

Latest update has broken GPU driver: Update from July 10, 2018—KB4338819 (OS Build 17134.165) has done something to the drivers on my GTX960 4G , so I had to reinstall them. Before I did that csrss.exe was taking up 2.2G of VRAM, and about 25-30% of its processor. That was really annoying, because it was as if...