Windows 10: My computer is freezing twice a day, usually when working with editing software. Please...

Discus and support My computer is freezing twice a day, usually when working with editing software. Please... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I9 9900K Rtx 2070 32 gb ram 16TB HDDs 1TB nvme Win 10 newest build. (its been freezing for 2 months now). This log appears to be created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/itsgonnabeworthit, Apr 15, 2021.

1. My computer is freezing twice a day, usually when working with editing software. Please...

/u/itsgonnabeworthit, Apr 15, 2021

2. All Microsoft software stops working at least once a day, but other software keeps running OK

Once or twice a day, all Microsoft products on my PC completely freeze. Often, it starts with File Explorer freezing. After that, if I’m in Office software, they freeze and I can’t close them. If I’m not in Office software, I can’t open them. Task Manager
    can’t close anything. Sometimes my desktop and taskbar completely disappear.

However, non-Microsoft software is fine. If I have Chrome or Firefox already open, I can continue using them and I can close them normally. The same is true for The Bat Voyager email, which I run from a USB flash drive.

I built the computer myself two years ago (I’ve been building my own computers and servers for 23 years). It has had no problems with Win 7. It has the following configuration:

• Win 10 Pro on primary boot SSD
    • Win 7 Pro on secondary boot SSD
    • MSI Z87 GD65 motherboard
    • i7-4770 CPU
    • 32GB Crucial Ballistix RAM
    • MSI GTX 970 GPU
    • Several external eSATA and USB drives
    • Kaspersky Internet Security
    • Office 365
    • Adobe CC
    • lots of other software
    I have no problems with Win 7, but I have this problem at least once a day on Win 10. I use the computer in my business and am on it all day, so this is a major problem for me.

Steps I’ve taken:

• All Windows updates are current
    • Motherboard BIOS, drivers, and utilities are current
    • Device Manager shows all drivers are current
    • sfc/scannow reports no problems
    One clue: when rebooting after a problem, Windows runs CHKDSK on many of the drives (there are 11 drives and partitions) and usually reports a non-existent drive each time after a failure.

Does anyone have suggestions? If this continues, I will have to go back to Win 7 permanently.

Erik Bainbridge, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Computer freezes

So i do use my computer to perform some pretty heavy tasks at times, and it has no problems with it. However, in the last few days ive been using paint.NET. A really simple software in which all you do is edit images and save them. So i just start to edit
    an image, copy and paste a few other to go on top and suddenly a simple click and the computer freezes 100%. By that i mean to the point where even the power button doesnt do anything, and my only option is to cut its power off from the socket which is not
    ideal. I doubt it is related to the software itself, although i could be wrong. In the same hour it froze twice, at the same steps in paint.NET

Andrei Ionescu, Apr 15, 2021
  4. cadaveca Win User

My computer is freezing twice a day, usually when working with editing software. Please...

Video Editing Software

I'm gonna step out here and say that free suggestions, for a christmas gift, are not a good idea. OP wants to buy the kid as gift, not pawn off a free alternative he could do any day.

Please feel free to correct me if wrong, Asylum.

Oh, and Sony Vegas offers multi-stream editing, so say you have 3 camera angles, you can load them all up, and very easily switch between stream, while retaining audio from only one, or from all comeras...pretty good software, iMHO.

cadaveca, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

My computer is freezing twice a day, usually when working with editing software. Please...

1. My computer is freezing twice a day, usually when working with editing software. Please... - Similar Threads - computer freezing twice

2. Random Pc Freezing Once Or Twice a Day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Pc Freezing Once Or Twice a Day: My pc freezes and I can move the cursor, can ctrl + alt + delete and open the task manager but when I open it nothing happens afterward if I try to restart the pc it does not restart I had waited about 30 minutes or so, and requires a hard shutdown. I have been dealing with...
  3. Random Pc Freezing Once Or Twice a Day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Pc Freezing Once Or Twice a Day: My pc freezes and I can move the cursor, can ctrl + alt + delete and open the task manager but when I open it nothing happens afterward if I try to restart the pc it does not restart I had waited about 30 minutes or so, and requires a hard shutdown. I have been dealing with...
  4. Computer Randomly Freezes, Usually When Not In Use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Randomly Freezes, Usually When Not In Use: My computer randomly locks up and causes audio to make the same noise repeatly. This seems to happen mainly when I am not actively using the computer. When the it locks up it never goes to a blue screen so there is no dump file and when I look in event viewer I can't find...
  5. Computer Randomly Freezes, Usually When Not In Use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Randomly Freezes, Usually When Not In Use: My computer randomly locks up and causes audio to make the same noise repeatly. This seems to happen mainly when I am not actively using the computer. When the it locks up it never goes to a blue screen so there is no dump file and when I look in event viewer I can't find...
  6. BSOD twice a day

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD twice a day: Hello,I have a Dell Latitude 7420 laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise installed. Each BSOD it is either SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Let me know what other info I can provide, I was working in Outlook and Excel when these crashes first occurred. I have...
  7. Computer BSODs once/twice a day.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer BSODs once/twice a day.: Hi, I recently have wiped my computer. I wiped it because I was getting a lot of BSODs. After wiping, I started noticing fewer BSODs, but still, I get BSODs once/twice a day. Does anybody know how to fix this? Thanks....
  8. windows 10 freeze or lag for a second twice a day

windows 10 freeze or lag for a second twice a day: My windows 10 lag on my laptop for a month. The lag only happens twice a day and only lasts 1-2 seconds every lag. If the error happens, the mouse cursor feel so lag, the sounds seems like a robot laggy sound. Basically, everything becomes so lag. My Laptop = Asus TUF A15...
  9. Freezing and crashing my video editing software!

Freezing and crashing my video editing software!: Anytime a run my video editing software 2 different programs my computer either freezes or crashes for no apparent reason. It's happened before periodically but now I can't use either of them at all. My specs are higher than the recommended specs. I have plenty of disk space....
  10. Bsod once or twice a day, usually at night.

Bsod once or twice a day, usually at night.: Hello. I need your help. I have Bsod every day, once or twice a day, usually at night. I have new comp. Windows 10. I have provided you the necessary information about my system and dump files in the application. Thank you very much for your help! 74720