Windows 10: My computer is frequently crashing to a BSOD

Discus and support My computer is frequently crashing to a BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I open Reliability Monitor, it shows that "Windows stopped working". The error it gives in the technical details is: "The computer has rebooted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DarcyVarghese, Dec 15, 2019.

1. My computer is frequently crashing to a BSOD

When I open Reliability Monitor, it shows that "Windows stopped working".

The error it gives in the technical details is:

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef (0xffffd2871ac092c0, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000."

The minidump can be seen here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16iT4C5HKmIvdJYGlwHDnyfgXogK2a273/view?usp=sharing

This minidump doesn't seem to be the latest one but it is the only one in the folder.

Thanks for any help.

:)

DarcyVarghese, Dec 15, 2019
  2. dp343 Win User

Computer frequently crashing/BSOD when playing FFXIV

Hi, I've been having some problems playing FFXIV with my computer. After playing for 10-15 minutes, the computer will crash with a BSOD, and each time it has listed different errors, although frequently the cause has been listed as either ntoskrnl.exe or
    ntkrnlmp.exe. The methods that I have tried are:

-Updated Windows and all drivers. Game still crashed after updates.

-Memtest86+. No corrupt memory indicated.

-sfc /scannow in Command Prompt. No problems there.

-chkdsk /r C: in Command Prompt. No problems there.

-Checked hardware temperatures. Temperatures nominal.

-Tried driver verifier. I found one program (ScpVBus.exe) that was listed as causing some of the crashes. I removed that but still receive crashes.

I'll post links to the mini dumps and my system configuration below. Thanks in advance for any posts or advice given.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1EeBPr6ZBFJTHdObDNUcGtzdWs

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1EeBPr6ZBFJVVNaYUJLOWpQcHM

dp343, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Computer keeps crashing and having BSoD.

So I tried the driver verifier, my computer hasn't crashed yet. I did it step by step, and I'm understanding that I need to wait for my computer to crash so I can find out this devious little driver?

Edit: My PC just crashed, but it doesn't give me a BSoD. It simply... Crashes.

Prototype464XBL, Dec 15, 2019
  4. axe0 Win User

My computer is frequently crashing to a BSOD

Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10

I would guess that your GPU is faulty, the crashes that are most frequent seem related to the GPU.

I do have a suggestion, although this suggestion is more often seen with 0x9F crashes where drivers are in an inconsistent state for the OS.
    Try to change the powerplan, standard there are following plans
    1. Powersaver,
    2. Balanced, standard selected,
    3. High performance
    If you didn't change your power plan, you have balanced selected.
    Select High performance and see if it makes a difference.

Thema:

My computer is frequently crashing to a BSOD

1. My computer is frequently crashing to a BSOD - Similar Threads - computer frequently crashing

2. Frequent BSOD and crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD and crashes: Hi there,I have a PC I built about a year ago with 3080TI and Ryzen 5 5600X, MSI B550 Tomahawk mobo running on win 11. I am having a hard time with this PC. It will have multiple BSOD and crashes but I am unable to recreate the issue. Sometimes it will crash when I post and...
  3. Frequent BSOD and crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD and crashes: Hi there,I have a PC I built about a year ago with 3080TI and Ryzen 5 5600X, MSI B550 Tomahawk mobo running on win 11. I am having a hard time with this PC. It will have multiple BSOD and crashes but I am unable to recreate the issue. Sometimes it will crash when I post and...
  4. Frequent BSOD crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD crashes: I'm having regular BSOD errors while gaming, specifically Overwatch. The game will run 10 to 15 minutes, then I'll get a BSOD with a variety of errors including irql_not_less_or_equal, bugcheck, etc. I have, so far as I know, updated all relevant drivers; I've done memory...
  5. My computer crashing frequently with BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer crashing frequently with BSOD: I am using Lenovo Thinkpad E480 which comes with windows 10. now I upgraded to windows 11. Now my system is crashing with BSOD. I have installed all the latest updates and drivers. Still same issue....
  6. My computer crashing frequently with BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer crashing frequently with BSOD: I am using Lenovo Thinkpad E480 which comes with windows 10. now I upgraded to windows 11. Now my system is crashing with BSOD. I have installed all the latest updates and drivers. Still same issue....
  7. New Computer with Frequent BSOD crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Computer with Frequent BSOD crashes: About a month ago I bought a brand new computer but I have been experiencing frequent crashes, usually when playing videos & music, but it has also happened while the computer was idle. The most frequent message was IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. I have updated all of my drivers and...
  8. My Computer Frequently Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer Frequently Crashes: So my computer had been working fine till about a month ago. It is a home assembled Desktop. Everytime it crashes i get loads of different error messages and sometimes after it crashes it will say "Updating your system" Here are some of the error messages....
  9. Frequent BSOD crashes

Frequent BSOD crashes: Hey guys, I am having one heck of a time trying to figure out why this computer keeps giving me the BSOD. I have updated all the drivers. I have reinstalled windows, I have been combing google trying to figure it out. when I check the event log i get: The computer has...
  10. Frequent BSOD Crashes

Frequent BSOD Crashes: Intel I& 7700K Asus ROG STRIX Z270F GeForce RTX 2070 4x8 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz Samsung 860 EVO SSD (500gb and a 2TB) Windows 10 Pro I built the PC back in March and up until about a month ago it was working without issues hours on end. I'm not sure what has changed...