Windows 10: my computer is horribly slow

Discus and support my computer is horribly slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My computer has been extremely slow at wake up (not start) for a while, it takes ages to open a window. In Gmail, I have to work in the basic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JenB1, Feb 13, 2019.

1. JenB1 Win User

my computer is horribly slow

Hi,

My computer has been extremely slow at wake up (not start) for a while, it takes ages to open a window. In Gmail, I have to work in the basic view, it doesn't work in standard, very inconvenient. It does the updates automatically.

Maybe I would need to change a component, but I don't know if it's memory, or what else. When you answer me, if it's safe, I can send a list of my programs and hardware from Belarc.

I thank you very much for your help.

Best regards

:)

JenB1, Feb 13, 2019

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 13, 2019
  4. my computer is horribly slow

slowness in computer usage.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What makes you think that system is running slow? Is it when you are trying to run application?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    From the screenshot that you have provided, I understood that it’s not the issue with the disk usage. The slowness might be due to the memory usage.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.

• Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.

• Now Run maintenance task under
      System and security
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

my computer is horribly slow

1. my computer is horribly slow - Similar Threads - computer horribly slow

2. taskbar is horrible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar is horrible: I fight with the taskbar every day. Whoever decided to force the taskbar on the screen should be fired. Every time a window opens in the background, I have to find where it is in order to use anything at the bottom of the screen like printing. Even when I could care less...
  3. My Pc's connection to the internet is very slow, and the speed on it is horrible and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc's connection to the internet is very slow, and the speed on it is horrible and...: On my other devices its around 60-300 depending on location. windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pcs-connection-to-the-internet-is-very-slow-and/8f054155-34f6-4652-b3b6-a7821a55324d
  4. My Pc's connection to the internet is very slow, and the speed on it is horrible and...

My Pc's connection to the internet is very slow, and the speed on it is horrible and...: On my other devices its around 60-300 depending on location. windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pcs-connection-to-the-internet-is-very-slow-and/8f054155-34f6-4652-b3b6-a7821a55324d
  5. My PC is overall good but every single time it updates it gets horribly slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is overall good but every single time it updates it gets horribly slow: So, I have a custom build PC with specs:AMD Ryzen 320016gb ram4tb hard drive where windows is installed + 1tb hard drive.I've been running into A LOT of problems.BasicallyI made a fresh install of Windows 10, weeks later it made automatic updates, and after that my user...
  6. My PC is overall good but every single time it updates it gets horribly slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC is overall good but every single time it updates it gets horribly slow: So, I have a custom build PC with specs:AMD Ryzen 320016gb ram4tb hard drive where windows is installed + 1tb hard drive.I've been running into A LOT of problems.BasicallyI made a fresh install of Windows 10, weeks later it made automatic updates, and after that my user...
  7. My PC is overall good but every single time it updates it gets horribly slow

8. THIS LOOKS HORRIBLE

in Windows 10 Customization
    THIS LOOKS HORRIBLE: When i tried the windows 10 dark theme, my normal edge icon turned into this monstrosity [ATTACH] It's gone now, but why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-looks-horrible/78639924-b82a-4e93-87ff-0aee08cec56b
  9. Near Share is horribly slow!!!I

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Near Share is horribly slow!!!I: What speed is Nearby Share supposed to run? Both of my laptops have wifi card capable of at least 300mbps date transfer but it seems like Nearby Share is running at like 1-2 mbps. is it trying to do it over BT? I thought it's supposed to be over the wifi directly between the...
  10. My Partitions Are Horribly Wrong

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Partitions Are Horribly Wrong: So I have had this computer for ever so I don't really know how this happened. I want to delete a partiton on my hard drive but in Disk Management it shows that the partition I want to delete has got system and is active. On the current partition I use also has Boot, Page...