Windows 10: My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided...

Discus and support My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought new computer installed win 11, and when I try to use Window defender to scan my computer offline, I found out my computer is locked by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AG-29, Jun 7, 2023.

1. AG-29 Win User

My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided...

I bought new computer installed win 11, and when I try to use Window defender to scan my computer offline, I found out my computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided in the computer is not the right key. The representative in Lenovo asked me to call Microsoft to look into my Microsoft account, but I called and I was referred to here, somebody can help me?

:)

AG-29, Jun 7, 2023

2. Bitlocker frequently locking computers

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately these suggestions don't really fit our needs. We want to use BitLocker and don't want to disable it. The problem we have is that it locks some of our computers from time to time. Ideally we will make use of BitLocker but not have it blocking our computers.

I have tried:

1. Turning off BitLocker
    2. Installing all Driver and Windows Updates
    3. Turning BitLocker back on again
    Maybe this will help. We will wait and see.

Macclad321, Jun 7, 2023
  3. Recover BitLocker key from Key ID

It doesn't work. The specific device I need to recover the key is not on the list, neither an option to retrieve the BitLocker code using its Key ID as the blue screen says.

VictorWirz, Jun 7, 2023
  4. My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided...

I cant recover BitLocker key for my laptop as it is locked

I have Dell Inspirion laptop and microsoft windows. My laptop is locked. I cant use it until I recover BitLocker Key. In order to recover BitLocker I need two pieces of information, my phone number which I have and an email which is no longer available as I retired and my email has been deactivated.

Ramesh Sharma1, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided...

1. My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided... - Similar Threads - computer locked bitLocker

2. My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.: I purchased my laptop about 1 year ago, and it's been working great. Today I booted it up and now it wants a BitLocker code. I have never set it up, never heard of it. I logged into my account and doesn't show the device. I AM NOT FORMATTING MY DRIVE! Please tell me how to...
  3. My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.: I purchased my laptop about 1 year ago, and it's been working great. Today I booted it up and now it wants a BitLocker code. I have never set it up, never heard of it. I logged into my account and doesn't show the device. I AM NOT FORMATTING MY DRIVE! Please tell me how to...
  4. My laptop is now locked by BitLocker, and I didn't set it up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Bitlocker key didn't show up

Bitlocker key didn't show up: when i open the recovery web, the Birlocker key didn't show up. it only says "Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us.". Can u please help? i inserted the screenshot....
  6. My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided...: My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up nd not sure since it is being used since 2018. My just removed and added my hard drive and now it is asking for bitlocker key which I am not sure.Could you help me with this to avoid loosing my data.Thanks for your help...
  7. My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided...

My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided...: My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up nd not sure since it is being used since 2018. My just removed and added my hard drive and now it is asking for bitlocker key which I am not sure.Could you help me with this to avoid loosing my data.Thanks for your help...
  8. My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided...

My computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided...: I bought new computer installed win 11, and when I try to use Window defender to scan my computer offline, I found out my computer is locked by bitLocker which I didn't set up, and the recovering key provided in the computer is not the right key. The representative in Lenovo...
  9. I cant recover BitLocker key for my laptop as it is locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant recover BitLocker key for my laptop as it is locked: I have Dell Inspirion laptop and microsoft windows. My laptop is locked. I cant use it until I recover BitLocker Key. In order to recover BitLocker I need two pieces of information, my phone number which I have and an email which is no longer available as I retired and my...
  10. I cant recover BitLocker key for my laptop as it is locked

I cant recover BitLocker key for my laptop as it is locked: I have Dell Inspirion laptop and microsoft windows. My laptop is locked. I cant use it until I recover BitLocker Key. In order to recover BitLocker I need two pieces of information, my phone number which I have and an email which is no longer available as I retired and my...