Windows 10: my computer is locked up while upgrading in Windows 10

Discus and support my computer is locked up while upgrading in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; .I cant turn it off , the task bars dont show and the desktop just shows upgrading but stuck at 91%. I cant get it off or restart it. Please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SandyFrick, Nov 19, 2019.

1. my computer is locked up while upgrading in Windows 10

.I cant turn it off , the task bars dont show and the desktop just shows upgrading but stuck at 91%. I cant get it off or restart it. Please help

:)

SandyFrick, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

my computer is locked up while upgrading in Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

my computer is locked up while upgrading in Windows 10

1. my computer is locked up while upgrading in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - computer locked while

2. My computer is locked up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is locked up.: Warning on laptop. Computer locked up and a number provided to call in us.Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-locked-up/e3c37184-2c5c-4777-8c7b-99ceff46e507
  3. My computer is locked up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is locked up.: Warning on laptop. Computer locked up and a number provided to call in us.Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-locked-up/e3c37184-2c5c-4777-8c7b-99ceff46e507
  4. Windows 11 Upgrade Locked My Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade Locked My Computer: After my computer upgraded to Windows 11, I am locked out of my computer because my Microsoft email address was canceled by my computer and changed to an retiree account. So I can’t input my password because the account that Microsoft is asking for is closed and it won’t let...
  5. Windows 11 Upgrade Locked My Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Upgrade Locked My Computer: After my computer upgraded to Windows 11, I am locked out of my computer because my Microsoft email address was canceled by my computer and changed to an retiree account. So I can’t input my password because the account that Microsoft is asking for is closed and it won’t let...
  6. My computer locked up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer locked up: My computer locked up with a message from Windows Defender saying my computer was at risk and had therefore my access had been blocked. It gave me a number to call Microsoft Support at 1-888-210-2718. I have yet to call the number given because I am concerned that it could...
  7. Windows computer locked up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows computer locked up: My computer has message saying that my computer has been locked up and ip address may have been used without my knowledge at websites that contain identity theft virus. Asking to call support number. Is this legit or a scam?...
  8. upgrade locked up computer Feb 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade locked up computer Feb 2020: I recently responded to a Microsoft message recommending a software update. I am operating a Dell 5537 with Windows 10. The update completed and automatically re-booted however, the re-start stalled prior to reaching the wallpaper or sign in screen. The screen is locked with...
  9. My computer is locking up now

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer is locking up now: I installed a PCI usb3.0 card yesterday and today the computer is constantly locking up cant do anything except power down and restart, also my computer updated win 10 to the newest build 2 day's ago 14291 rs1 160314 2254. Im not sure which is causing the issue I might have...
  10. 7 to 10 upgrade, Facebook video locks up computer

in Windows 10 Support
    7 to 10 upgrade, Facebook video locks up computer: As per subject, using Chrome or Windows Edge, if I play a Facebook video, more often than not, the computer locks up and I need to do a hard shutdown. Have manually installed latest driver for AMD Video card, does anyone have any ideas of how to solve this? Running a...