Windows 10: My computer is locking me out

Discus and support My computer is locking me out in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i dont even know what to do at this point my start button and search button dont open when i click them i cant right click them when i try to run any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YahkalDaley, Jan 9, 2019.

1. My computer is locking me out

i dont even know what to do at this point my start button and search button dont open when i click them i cant right click them when i try to run any thing in the run box it says my computer isnt ready the only things i can open are some of my files and my command prompt.

I did /add user and made them administrator but that didnt do anything i dont know what do do anymore

:)

YahkalDaley, Jan 9, 2019

2. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 9, 2019
  4. My computer is locking me out

Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

My computer is locking me out

1. My computer is locking me out - Similar Threads - computer locking

2. I got locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got locked out of my computer: I’m trying to get onto my computer for work and I forgot my PIN because I made a new one. There is no ‘reset my pin’ on my screen and I don’t know my password. I’ve tried my microsoft password but it’s not working. Please help....
  3. I got locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got locked out of my computer: I’m trying to get onto my computer for work and I forgot my PIN because I made a new one. There is no ‘reset my pin’ on my screen and I don’t know my password. I’ve tried my microsoft password but it’s not working. Please help....
  4. My computer has been locked with a "Contact Microsoft Windows support *removed phone nr.*...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer has been locked with a "Contact Microsoft Windows support *removed phone nr.*...: This is what my computer is replaying continuously: Your computer has been locked up. Your IP address was used without your knowledge or consent to visit websites that contains identity theft virus. To unlock the computer. Please call support immediately. Please do not...
  5. RTX 4080 GPU losing video output, computer locking up mini dump attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RTX 4080 GPU losing video output, computer locking up mini dump attached: Hello, I am experiencing some issues with my computer where my GPU Asus 4080 will lose video output completely, or the video output will become severely distorted. During this time, I can still hear game audio through my speakers but based on sounds, it does not appear that...
  6. RTX 4080 GPU losing video output, computer locking up mini dump attached

RTX 4080 GPU losing video output, computer locking up mini dump attached: Hello, I am experiencing some issues with my computer where my GPU Asus 4080 will lose video output completely, or the video output will become severely distorted. During this time, I can still hear game audio through my speakers but based on sounds, it does not appear that...
  7. Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....: How long do I wait please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-closed-computer-lid-during-an-update/107578f0-38ee-4f43-b59a-8339c1e4f77d
  8. Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....

Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....: How long do I wait please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-closed-computer-lid-during-an-update/107578f0-38ee-4f43-b59a-8339c1e4f77d
  9. Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Locked out of computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of computer: My hp pc froze while watching the internet. Then i tried restarting and it went into trying to repair and window diagnoses. I tried restarting again and nothing so I went to advanced options troubleshoot but I cant make anything work because I dont have the local password. I...