Windows 10: My computer is locking up now

Discus and support My computer is locking up now in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I installed a PCI usb3.0 card yesterday and today the computer is constantly locking up cant do anything except power down and restart, also my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pwdiver, Mar 20, 2016.

1. pwdiver Win User

My computer is locking up now

I installed a PCI usb3.0 card yesterday and today the computer is constantly locking up cant do anything except power down and restart, also my computer updated win 10 to the newest build 2 day's ago 14291 rs1 160314 2254. Im not sure which is causing the issue I might have to remove the PCI card.*Huh

:)

pwdiver, Mar 20, 2016
  2. ErnieWork Win User

Windows 10 did a update now computer is locking up

I did the windows 10 upgrade as soon as it was available and have had no issues yet until today.

It did an automatic update today and now is locking up. I cant get the computer to do anything after a while.

If I do a hard restart it comes on fine and then after a while it starts lagging the freezes.

This is my work computer and I need this figured out asap.

ErnieWork, Mar 20, 2016
  3. elvene Win User
    Windows 10 did a update now computer is locking up

I am having the problem as well. I did try the scannow and everything was hunky dory

What I have noticed, after a forced shutdown and restart, there is an update (around 80% of the events).

Could there be some issue involving updates (size, type, time?) that is causing. It happens when I am using various aps and os' including working with excel, word, explorer 11, edge, chrome. - If it keeps happening I will have to go back to windows
    8.1 since I have lost work (usually when using excel) --- I am not one of those who disliked 8.1 but do like several features of 10 especially mail app.

E Hamilton

elvene, Mar 20, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Remove the card and see how it goes.

Thema:

1. My computer is locking up now - Similar Threads - computer locking

2. Computer will lock up playing video games. Doesn't happen all the time. Seems to happen the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will lock up playing video games. Doesn't happen all the time. Seems to happen the...: Hi, my computer has been locking up while playing Halo Infinite. It doesn't happen in a way that is consistent/I can't identify a trigger. When it happens, I can still move my mouse and cycle between my different open windows. I can't open any additional windows, nor does...
  3. Computer will lock up playing video games. Doesn't happen all the time. Seems to happen the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer will lock up playing video games. Doesn't happen all the time. Seems to happen the...: Hi, my computer has been locking up while playing Halo Infinite. It doesn't happen in a way that is consistent/I can't identify a trigger. When it happens, I can still move my mouse and cycle between my different open windows. I can't open any additional windows, nor does...
  4. Computer will lock up playing video games. Doesn't happen all the time. Seems to happen the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft alert saying my computer is locked due to a virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft alert saying my computer is locked due to a virus: Microsoft send alert my computer is locked up by a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-alert-saying-my-computer-is-locked-due/c4f1b176-1ffc-4e68-8264-2703dc524dca
  6. Microsoft alert saying my computer is locked due to a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft alert saying my computer is locked due to a virus: Microsoft send alert my computer is locked up by a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-alert-saying-my-computer-is-locked-due/c4f1b176-1ffc-4e68-8264-2703dc524dca
  7. Microsoft alert saying my computer is locked due to a virus

8. I my computer is locked with blue screen. ERR?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I my computer is locked with blue screen. ERR?: My computer is locked up with blue page err?Been trying for 2 days now through this mode of communication?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-my-computer-is-locked-with-blue-screen-err/7c16464b-3a12-4eb4-9e1a-c98a05412d43
  9. I my computer is locked with blue screen. ERR?

I my computer is locked with blue screen. ERR?: My computer is locked up with blue page err?Been trying for 2 days now through this mode of communication?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-my-computer-is-locked-with-blue-screen-err/7c16464b-3a12-4eb4-9e1a-c98a05412d43
  10. I cannot rest my computer form bit locker lock out

I cannot rest my computer form bit locker lock out: I am locked out by bitlocker, even though I never turned it on. Now, when I try to reset the computer, it says "there was a problem resetting your PC." and I cannot reset it. All of the help online tell you how to do it as if you are not locked out....