Windows 10: My computer is not accepting my reset Microsoft account password and is therefore locked....

Discus and support My computer is not accepting my reset Microsoft account password and is therefore locked.... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer is not accepting my reset Microsoft account password and therefore is now locked. I have tried all suggestions provided, but none have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SEJL71, Apr 4, 2019.

1. SEJL71 Win User

My computer is not accepting my reset Microsoft account password and is therefore locked....

My computer is not accepting my reset Microsoft account password and therefore is now locked. I have tried all suggestions provided, but none have succeeded. What’s next to unlock my computer?

:)

SEJL71, Apr 4, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Surface Pro 4 not accepting microsoft account password

Device is not accepting reset Microsoft Account password. Confirmed device is listed on account. On Surface : Date & time are correct. Internet is connected.

Can access Microsoft account from another device (website) but Surface displays message "This password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account."

What else needs to be done for Surface to recognize the new password / clear out old passwords?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in / PC.

ScottBishop1, Apr 4, 2019
  4. My computer is not accepting my reset Microsoft account password and is therefore locked....

Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

My computer is not accepting my reset Microsoft account password and is therefore locked....

1. My computer is not accepting my reset Microsoft account password and is therefore locked.... - Similar Threads - computer accepting reset

2. My desktop computer will not accept my Microsoft password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop computer will not accept my Microsoft password: On closing my computer I had a message to update and shut down. Following the update, the next time I opened the computer I was asked to create a new Microsoft password. When I then tried to open the computer, it would not accept my PIN number and got an error message asking...
  3. My desktop computer will not accept my Microsoft password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop computer will not accept my Microsoft password: On closing my computer I had a message to update and shut down. Following the update, the next time I opened the computer I was asked to create a new Microsoft password. When I then tried to open the computer, it would not accept my PIN number and got an error message asking...
  4. Computer locked and reset password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer locked and reset password: Dear Sir / Madam my computer is locked and due to the phone verification fail system error and email verification fail as above message . could you help to expedite the progress ? as one month quite long and my computer contain a lot importation data appreciated your great...
  5. Computer locked and reset password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer locked and reset password: Dear Sir / Madam my computer is locked and due to the phone verification fail system error and email verification fail as above message . could you help to expedite the progress ? as one month quite long and my computer contain a lot importation data appreciated your great...
  6. Password for deivce is incorrect - Why is it not accepting my microsoft account password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password for deivce is incorrect - Why is it not accepting my microsoft account password?: I am running my laptop using a local account for which I am the administrator. However I want to sign in using my microsoft account instead. However when I do this, it will not accept my password.Here is what I do,Select "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"I enter my...
  7. Windows 10 does not accept my Password and I'm locked out of my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 does not accept my Password and I'm locked out of my computer: My windows 10 is not recognzing my password, telling me it's incorrect. All of the solutions to resolve this issue require my bitlocker recovery key, but I have no record of having one. So I'm locked out of my computer. How do I get past this and unlock my computer?...
  8. I cannot remember my Microsoft account password, therefore, I cannot log into my Microsoft...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot remember my Microsoft account password, therefore, I cannot log into my Microsoft...: Sorry, we can’t get into your account right now. To fix this, please sign in again. When I click on “Sign in” Microsoft displays a screen asking me to enter the password for this account. I don’t have the correct password. So I click on “Forget password?” The next screen...
  9. computer won't accept my password to sign in or for Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer won't accept my password to sign in or for Microsoft account: After updating windows 10, I cannot log into my computer. Receive incorrect password msg for both signin and Microsoft account even though I can sign in on my phone and another computer using the same passwords....
  10. Microsoft account doesn't accept reset correct password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account doesn't accept reset correct password: After windows 10 upgrade and reinstall, my lenovo laptop doesn't open even with resetting of new and correct password. Evey time it says "incorrect password" ! Can any one pl help?...