Windows 10: my computer is not detecting my external microphone

Discus and support my computer is not detecting my external microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a ko8-2 microphone from Zeal Sound and my computer refuses to detect it I've tried to run mmsys.cpl as well as winver I cant uninstall the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by williamlang_678, May 6, 2020.

1. my computer is not detecting my external microphone

I have a ko8-2 microphone from Zeal Sound and my computer refuses to detect it I've tried to run mmsys.cpl as well as winver I cant uninstall the driver because the device does not even show up in the sound video and game controllers tab I've followed multiple threads to no prevail please help me I'm on a deadline for a project and need to get started ASAP I'm using the latest windows 10 as my operating system

:)

williamlang_678, May 6, 2020

2. External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, May 6, 2020
  3. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, May 6, 2020
  4. my computer is not detecting my external microphone

External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, May 6, 2020
Thema:

my computer is not detecting my external microphone

1. my computer is not detecting my external microphone - Similar Threads - computer detecting external

2. My computer is not detecting my microphone, How to Fix ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is not detecting my microphone, How to Fix ?: Hi , I recently bought a headphone with inbuilt mic Harman Infinity Tranz -700 , Even though how many times I try , It does not detect the mic. I have tried running troubleshoots and even what not, But still no results. It works in other PCs and phones but not in mine. Please...
  3. My computer is not detecting my microphone, How to Fix ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is not detecting my microphone, How to Fix ?: Hi , I recently bought a headphone with inbuilt mic Harman Infinity Tranz -700 , Even though how many times I try , It does not detect the mic. I have tried running troubleshoots and even what not, But still no results. It works in other PCs and phones but not in mine. Please...
  4. How to get my laptop to detect an external microphone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my laptop to detect an external microphone?: Hi there,I am currently using an Acer laptop Nitro 5, and have Windows 11 installed. I recently bought a new earpiece which comes with an external microphone. However, when I go to the audio settings, the only input option is "Microphone Array", which is the option for the...
  5. How to get my laptop to detect an external microphone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get my laptop to detect an external microphone?: Hi there,I am currently using an Acer laptop Nitro 5, and have Windows 11 installed. I recently bought a new earpiece which comes with an external microphone. However, when I go to the audio settings, the only input option is "Microphone Array", which is the option for the...
  6. My computer isn't detecting my microphone audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer isn't detecting my microphone audio: I was trying to do a Discord call with friends on my computer Which has Windows 10, but it wasn't detecting my microphone at all, even though there were no detectable issues regarding that. I opened Audacity to see if it would detect my microphone, but it was instead...
  7. My microphone is not being detected on my computer

My microphone is not being detected on my computer: My headset Corsair HS30 Raptor is not being detected on my computer. To connect my headset to my computer, I have a splitter that connects to the green and red jacks on the back of my computer. On the front, I have a front panel jack which should play out of my speakers. This...
  8. My dell laptop cannot detect external microphone

My dell laptop cannot detect external microphone: Hi, I am having some issues with my headset. I have Dell G7 laptop with Realtek audio. Whenever I connect my headset my laptop can't recognize it and I have to restart my computer. After restart, only headphones work but microphone stays undetected. I tried to reinstall...
  9. My headset's microphone is not detected by my computer.

My headset's microphone is not detected by my computer.: I have been looking online for ways to fix this problem but none of the solutions helped me. I have a Razer Kraken X headset that I recently bought and it has a microphone on it. For some reason, every time I try to set up the microphone, the audio that the computer picks up...
  10. Windows can't detect my external microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows can't detect my external microphone: I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 but I didn't like the built in mic for the purpose that I want to use it for so I bought an external mic, but windows can't detect my external mic. Does anyone have any suggestions? I think I tried everything....