Windows 10: my computer is not detecting my slide scanner when I plug it in to my computer

Discus and support my computer is not detecting my slide scanner when I plug it in to my computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my computer is not detecting my slide scanner when I plug it in to my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SandraSharpe, Sep 26, 2019.

1. my computer is not detecting my slide scanner when I plug it in to my computer

my computer is not detecting my slide scanner when I plug it in to my computer

:)

SandraSharpe, Sep 26, 2019
  2. ARichard Win User

Epson 1200 scanner now working! Very pleased.

Worked perfectly,
    • Installed 2400 series driver (when it asked what model I had I also picked, 1270 and 4180 since these had the Slide scanner interface I thought it might add a few extra drivers)
    • Restarted PC
    • Needed to use Device manager 'Updated driver'
    • Assign 2400 driver. (See attached image)
    • Be sure scanner is powered on so it appears in device manager.

Tested the Slide scanner attachment, I used PRO mode and it was discovered.
    I had to use the plastic blackout slide holder (for masking the slide) to find the slide though.

my computer is not detecting my slide scanner when I plug it in to my computer [​IMG]

Hope this helps others, Thanks again for the step by step! my computer is not detecting my slide scanner when I plug it in to my computer :)

ARichard, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Slide scanner captures only 25% slide after update

I have an ION Slides Forever 35mm slide scanner which I have used perfectly over some weeks to scan around 3500 slides on to my Dell laptop using windows 10. After a 3-4 week break it now only captures 25% of the framed slide as if the viewer has 'zoomed
    in' on the slide.

I have been in contact with the manufacturer and carried out their suggestions such as trying all USB sockets and have also reinstalled their driver from their website but with no improvement. Eventually, they suggested I contact you!

I do not have any problem using the same software on my wife's ASUS notebook which also runs on windows 10. I suspect a recent windows update on my laptop could be the culprit - am I right?!

Many thanks for your help.

Patrick Hennessey

Slide scanner- Original Title

PatrickHennessey, Sep 26, 2019
  4. my computer is not detecting my slide scanner when I plug it in to my computer

Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

my computer is not detecting my slide scanner when I plug it in to my computer

1. my computer is not detecting my slide scanner when I plug it in to my computer - Similar Threads - computer detecting slide

2. My Headphones are plugged in, but aren't detected by the computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Headphones are plugged in, but aren't detected by the computer.: I use a boot camp'd IMac and when I switched to windows for the first time, the computer detected the headphones easily, but after a few weeks, the computer just stopped detecting them, I know fully well that the headphones do in fact work and are plugged into the correct...
  3. My Headphones are plugged in, but aren't detected by the computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Headphones are plugged in, but aren't detected by the computer.: I use a boot camp'd IMac and when I switched to windows for the first time, the computer detected the headphones easily, but after a few weeks, the computer just stopped detecting them, I know fully well that the headphones do in fact work and are plugged into the correct...
  4. My Headphones are plugged in, but aren't detected by the computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Should I shut down my computer every time I plug in my scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I shut down my computer every time I plug in my scanner?: Should I shut down my computer to plug in my scanner? I tend to do it to protect both items and historically, powering up the scanner 'with' the computer avoided twain error but I'm wondering if it's still necessary since I have to unplug my scanner and so therefore shut down...
  6. Should I shut down my computer every time I plug in my scanner?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I shut down my computer every time I plug in my scanner?: Should I shut down my computer to plug in my scanner? I tend to do it to protect both items and historically, powering up the scanner 'with' the computer avoided twain error but I'm wondering if it's still necessary since I have to unplug my scanner and so therefore shut down...
  7. Should I shut down my computer every time I plug in my scanner?

8. Connecting my scanner to the computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting my scanner to the computer: I need help connecting my scanner to the computer. It currently prints but wont scan to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-my-scanner-to-the-computer/cffbb557-c4a0-4a0f-9419-877e411ebd76
  9. Scanner detection by computer

Scanner detection by computer: My scanner cannot be found by the computer, but the computer is hooked up to a network as the printer works. Are there separate configurations or setups for printers and scanners from the same device?...
  10. Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer

Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer: Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner/5139b993-fcab-411b-861c-d646362a7818