Windows 10: my computer is not detecting my slide scanner when I plug it in to my computer

Discus and support my computer is not detecting my slide scanner when I plug it in to my computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my computer is not detecting my slide scanner when I plug it in to my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SandraSharpe, Sep 26, 2019.

1. my computer is not detecting my slide scanner when I plug it in to my computer

my computer is not detecting my slide scanner when I plug it in to my computer

:)

SandraSharpe, Sep 26, 2019
  2. ARichard Win User

Epson 1200 scanner now working! Very pleased.

Worked perfectly,
    • Installed 2400 series driver (when it asked what model I had I also picked, 1270 and 4180 since these had the Slide scanner interface I thought it might add a few extra drivers)
    • Restarted PC
    • Needed to use Device manager 'Updated driver'
    • Assign 2400 driver. (See attached image)
    • Be sure scanner is powered on so it appears in device manager.

Tested the Slide scanner attachment, I used PRO mode and it was discovered.
    I had to use the plastic blackout slide holder (for masking the slide) to find the slide though.

my computer is not detecting my slide scanner when I plug it in to my computer [​IMG]

Hope this helps others, Thanks again for the step by step! my computer is not detecting my slide scanner when I plug it in to my computer :)

ARichard, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Slide scanner captures only 25% slide after update

I have an ION Slides Forever 35mm slide scanner which I have used perfectly over some weeks to scan around 3500 slides on to my Dell laptop using windows 10. After a 3-4 week break it now only captures 25% of the framed slide as if the viewer has 'zoomed
    in' on the slide.

I have been in contact with the manufacturer and carried out their suggestions such as trying all USB sockets and have also reinstalled their driver from their website but with no improvement. Eventually, they suggested I contact you!

I do not have any problem using the same software on my wife's ASUS notebook which also runs on windows 10. I suspect a recent windows update on my laptop could be the culprit - am I right?!

Many thanks for your help.

Patrick Hennessey

Slide scanner- Original Title

PatrickHennessey, Sep 26, 2019
  4. my computer is not detecting my slide scanner when I plug it in to my computer

Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

my computer is not detecting my slide scanner when I plug it in to my computer

1. my computer is not detecting my slide scanner when I plug it in to my computer - Similar Threads - computer detecting slide

2. Scanner detection by computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner detection by computer: My scanner cannot be found by the computer, but the computer is hooked up to a network as the printer works. Are there separate configurations or setups for printers and scanners from the same device?...
  3. My headset's microphone is not detected by my computer.

My headset's microphone is not detected by my computer.: I have been looking online for ways to fix this problem but none of the solutions helped me. I have a Razer Kraken X headset that I recently bought and it has a microphone on it. For some reason, every time I try to set up the microphone, the audio that the computer picks up...
  4. my printer/scanner can not find my computer

my printer/scanner can not find my computer: I am needing to scan some documents into my computer. When I try to scan it the scanner displays, No Computer Found. This is very odd because I have printed from this same computer to the same all in one printer. How do I get it to work?...
  5. My computer isn't detecting my second monitor

My computer isn't detecting my second monitor: Both monitors are plugged into my computer. The main one uses a DV-I input and the secondary one uses a VGA input. Not only will the secondary monitor not display anything, but my computer isn't detecting it at all. How can I fix this?...
  6. Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer

Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer: Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner/5139b993-fcab-411b-861c-d646362a7818
  7. My Computer is Plugged in but my Battery is not Charging.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Computer is Plugged in but my Battery is not Charging.: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro, and for the past two days, all of a sudden, I've noticed that my battery is not charging even though it's been plugged in. I restarted the computer a few times, shut it off, unplugged it, but still the problem exists. I've noticed there've...
  8. When I plug in my computer everything is slow but the battery charging

When I plug in my computer everything is slow but the battery charging: the battery is charging fine but searching and playing on it while its charging is slow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-in-my-computer-everything-is-slow-but/2b157d29-7807-4cda-b972-b147e7b610eb
  9. Computer crashes when I plug in my Switch Pro controller

Computer crashes when I plug in my Switch Pro controller: i tried asking this before but now it says it didn’t work so i need to ask again: I downloaded ProconXInput to use my Switch Pro Controller, but now as soon as I plug it in, it crashes. ProconXInput isn’t even open, not even in the background, yet it crashes every single...
  10. Unknown computers detected on my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown computers detected on my network: So i have a Tp-Link mr3420 running dd-wrt. On my windows 10 machine in the network tab i can see computers that are not mine, hovever on my router in the dhcp table i cannot see any other computers than my owns. On my linux machine i do not see the unknown computers that...