Windows 10: My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card

Discus and support My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today i booted up my PC as normal to find that I had no internet connectivity. I had also noticed that the internet tray icon was an ethernet icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gabe S., Jan 20, 2019.

1. Gabe S. Win User

My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card

Today i booted up my PC as normal to find that I had no internet connectivity. I had also noticed that the internet tray icon was an ethernet icon woth a red X on it. When I pulled up the available networks menu, none seemed to appear. I’m worried something on my computer is broken, but I have a feelimg its software side. Any help?

:)

Gabe S., Jan 20, 2019

2. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 20, 2019
  3. Faulty Wireless Card?

Try 10.0.0.251 jsfitz54 listed. It's supported.

SimpleTECH, Jan 20, 2019
  4. My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card

Which network adapter?

My friend recently came over to my house with his laptop. Before I could connect him to my lan he detected several wireless networks in the area. I want to connect to these wireless networks, but I don't know what kind of adapter I need. I searched his laptop model and this is his network adapter http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/wireless/wireless_n/overview.htm

It seems he could get both N, and G signals

what would any of you guys suggest?

Network_guy, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card

1. My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card - Similar Threads - computer detecting wireless

2. My network adapter disappeared from my computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My network adapter disappeared from my computer.: Hi. So I have a question. About a month ago I did a system restore on my computer to fix a problem when I downloaded a program. When my computer rebooted, my internet connection was gone and there were no wireless networks available. I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11S. Intel...
  3. My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card

My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card: Today i booted up my PC as normal to find that I had no internet connectivity. I had also noticed that the internet tray icon was an Ethernet icon with a red X on it. When I pulled up the available networks menu, none seemed to appear. I’m worried something on my computer...
  4. My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card

My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card: Today i booted up my PC as normal to find that I had no internet connectivity. I had also noticed that the internet tray icon was an ethernet icon woth a red X on it. When I pulled up the available networks menu, none seemed to appear. I’m worried something on my computer...
  5. Wireless Network Adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wireless Network Adapter: Hi All, Yesterday morning I was working on my Dell XPS 13 9370 laptop and walked away for a few minutes. I came back to no wifi access. I went through tech support for 2.5 hours to determine that my laptop somehow lost my wireless network adapter. Dell wants me to send in...
  6. about my laptop wireless network adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    about my laptop wireless network adapter: hello i have a g750jx laptop my wireless adapter is AR9485WB-EG i want know my adapter can support 5ghz band ? becuz i wanna order new router 2.4 ghz nd 5 ghz band pls tell me if my adapter Could notwork for 5ghz band which adapter will work for upgrade on ma laptop...
  7. Wireless Network Adapter

Wireless Network Adapter: Acer Laptop, O/S: win 10 64 bit, the Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Network adapter is not working; tried to reinstall driver but failed (error 10). What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-network-adapter/e5121563-83e5-4bba-9296-23feb77f6b12
  8. No wireless network adapter

No wireless network adapter: I have a Microsoft Surface Go in S mode with no wireless internet driver. How do I resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/no-wireless-network-adapter/347e8aea-f3aa-4922-98b5-805beae67dfe
  9. Unknown computers detected on my network

Unknown computers detected on my network: So i have a Tp-Link mr3420 running dd-wrt. On my windows 10 machine in the network tab i can see computers that are not mine, hovever on my router in the dhcp table i cannot see any other computers than my owns. On my linux machine i do not see the unknown computers that...
  10. No Network Adapter Detected

No Network Adapter Detected: I decided to take the plunge and install win 10 on one of my machines. Used windows update to install build 10074 from windows 7. Everything seems to have worked fine except my network adapter (onboard Realtek thing) isn't being detected. Figured this might be a driver...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what if pc not detecting wireless network

2. windows 10 not detecting wireless card

3. why is my computer not detecting asus wireless adapter

4. computer not detecting wireless network,
  5. my computer isnt detecting the adapter,
  6. computer not detecting wifi adapter,
  7. computer not dtetcting the wireless adpator,
  8. reinstall ur wireless adpater error messege seeen my computer,
  9. network wireless adapter my computer,
  10. microsoft 1809 could not see the wifi 5Ghz