Windows 10: My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card

Discus and support My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today i booted up my PC as normal to find that I had no internet connectivity. I had also noticed that the internet tray icon was an ethernet icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EddieDavis2, Jul 18, 2019.

1. My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card

Today i booted up my PC as normal to find that I had no internet connectivity. I had also noticed that the internet tray icon was an ethernet icon woth a red X on it. When I pulled up the available networks menu, none seemed to appear. I’m worried something on my computer is broken, but I have a feelimg its software side. Any help?

:)

EddieDavis2, Jul 18, 2019

2. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Faulty Wireless Card?

Try 10.0.0.251 jsfitz54 listed. It's supported.

SimpleTECH, Jul 18, 2019
  4. My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card

Which network adapter?

My friend recently came over to my house with his laptop. Before I could connect him to my lan he detected several wireless networks in the area. I want to connect to these wireless networks, but I don't know what kind of adapter I need. I searched his laptop model and this is his network adapter http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/wireless/wireless_n/overview.htm

It seems he could get both N, and G signals

what would any of you guys suggest?

Network_guy, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card

1. My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card - Similar Threads - computer detecting wireless

2. Wireless Adapter not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Adapter not detected: I opened up my laptop to upgrade the ram and when I was finished, everything was working except for the wifi. The option to select wifi from settings is gone and I can only use ethernet. I went into the bios diagnostics and tested the wireless module and it said the wireless...
  3. Wireless Adapter not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Adapter not detected: I opened up my laptop to upgrade the ram and when I was finished, everything was working except for the wifi. The option to select wifi from settings is gone and I can only use ethernet. I went into the bios diagnostics and tested the wireless module and it said the wireless...
  4. Windows 10 won't detect my wireless network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't detect my wireless network adapter: HiI'm using windows 10 22H2 updated basically now, but I had this problem with the previous version of windows tooToday the wifi icon randomly disappeared while I was doing stuff on photoshopI tried:1 restarting the pc2 updating driver3 search for disabled/hidden devices4...
  5. Windows 10 won't detect my wireless network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't detect my wireless network adapter: HiI'm using windows 10 22H2 updated basically now, but I had this problem with the previous version of windows tooToday the wifi icon randomly disappeared while I was doing stuff on photoshopI tried:1 restarting the pc2 updating driver3 search for disabled/hidden devices4...
  6. Windows 10 won't detect my wireless network adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows doesn't detect my wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows doesn't detect my wireless adapter: Windows doesn't detect my wireless adapter, even if i restart the pc many times, it doesn't even show it in the "device manager" and even in the network panel there is only the airplane mode, no wifi and mobile hotspot, this started to happen recently and somehow everytime it...
  8. Wireless adapter not detecting all networks in range

Wireless adapter not detecting all networks in range: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Pro v1909 with a TP Link WN881ND PCIe wireless network adapter. Since the middle of this week it has been refusing to detect, let alone connect to, either of my home wi-fi networks a dual band Netgear modem and dual band extender. All other wi-fi...
  9. My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card

My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card: Today i booted up my PC as normal to find that I had no internet connectivity. I had also noticed that the internet tray icon was an Ethernet icon with a red X on it. When I pulled up the available networks menu, none seemed to appear. I’m worried something on my computer...
  10. My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card

My computer is not detecting my wireless adapter/network card: Today i booted up my PC as normal to find that I had no internet connectivity. I had also noticed that the internet tray icon was an ethernet icon woth a red X on it. When I pulled up the available networks menu, none seemed to appear. I’m worried something on my computer...