Windows 10: My computer is not reading my Hard Disk - Error message 'Device Not Migrated'

Discus and support My computer is not reading my Hard Disk - Error message 'Device Not Migrated' in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Tried troubleshooting, updating, reinstalling, etc. but all in vain. I cannot access any of my files neither could I see my hard disk in the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MahendraBhosale, Jul 31, 2020.

1. My computer is not reading my Hard Disk - Error message 'Device Not Migrated'

Tried troubleshooting, updating, reinstalling, etc. but all in vain. I cannot access any of my files neither could I see my hard disk in the file explorer. The hard disk is only appearing in device manager and in Events it is showing 'Device not migrated'

:)

MahendraBhosale, Jul 31, 2020
  2. modder Win User

Disk Read Error

hi,
    look into the bios "hard disk boot priority" and check your first hd.

modder, Jul 31, 2020
  3. paulking Win User
    Hard drive migration problem: Windows gave a strange name to my HD

My device appears to be called: 012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567
    (not my idea My computer is not reading my Hard Disk - Error message 'Device Not Migrated' :)). It is rather distressing, actually, and I am suspicious of a virus (I was without antivirus for a week, but was still behind a firewall). But there are these other problems with this hard drive, mentioned below.

It is my hard drive, a Hitachi, which was migrated from another computer, placed into an external enclosure, and linked to my PC using a USB 3 cable.

I would like to fix whatever it is that is causing these bizarre messages under its "properties" dialog. When there is a message that is different from "this device is working properly", it seems like a red flag.

1. Device install requested
      • Device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\{1835d153-4af3-11e6-9c19-806e6f6e6963}#0000000000007E00 requires further installation.
    2. Device not migrated
    Device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\{1835d153-4af3-11e6-9c19-806e6f6e6963}#0000000000007E00 could not be
    migrated. Last Device Instance Id: SWD\WPDBUSENUM
    \_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_KINGSTON&PROD_DT_HYPERX_3.0&REV_PMAP#AC220B505324BEA1F22F0183&0#
    {53F56307-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B} Class Guid: {EEC5AD98-8080-425F-922A-DABF3DE3F69A} Location Path: Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFF0000F102 Present: false Status: 0xC0000719
    3. Driver service added (WUDFWpdFs)

• Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service WUDFWpdFs for Device Instance ID SWD\WPDBUSENUM\{1835D153-4AF3-11E6-9C19-806E6F6E6963}#0000000000007E00 with the following status: 0.

1. Device installed (wpdfs.inf)

• Driver Management concluded the process to install driver wpdfs.inf_amd64_3baf9736edf2c848\wpdfs.inf for Device Instance ID SWD\WPDBUSENUM\{1835D153-4AF3-11E6-9C19-806E6F6E6963}#0000000000007E00 with the following status: 0x0.

Any ideas what to do here? Please ignore the numbering. I had to set the messages in order of appearance. The numbers before the "Events" don't mean anything.

Paul

paulking, Jul 31, 2020
  4. My computer is not reading my Hard Disk - Error message 'Device Not Migrated'

Disk Read Error

Hey guys,

This morning I restarted my computer, and got this message:

A disk read error occurred.
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.

Am I correct in thinking the harddrive has failed? I've tried reseating it, checked connections etc, and I got a normal POST beep. Do I need a new harddrive, or is there a way I can fix it?

Ben.

Ben Clarke, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

My computer is not reading my Hard Disk - Error message 'Device Not Migrated'

1. My computer is not reading my Hard Disk - Error message 'Device Not Migrated' - Similar Threads - computer reading Hard

2. Is my hard disk bootable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my hard disk bootable?: Hello I wanted to set up my computer again and have made my hard disk bootable via the Mediacreationtool at least it should be bootable but I can not boot from the hard disk I have a relatively old pc and therefore an old Bios and find the hard disk not I can insert a few...
  3. ACCESS DENIED - That's the basic message that will read on my computer screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    ACCESS DENIED - That's the basic message that will read on my computer screen.: Lately, I get a message on my screen mostly in chrome sometimes 30% of the time I use Edge, & the following message shows up on my computer screen. *It is not exclusive just to Microsoft URL either. Any website can set off an Access Denied Message statement! Below is what it...
  4. My Hard Disk Crashed !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Hard Disk Crashed !: My Hard Disk has Crashed so if i replace hard disk, would i be able to use the same keys of windows 10 & office which i was using earliear ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hard-disk-crashed/4fea347e-e1c4-4932-aeef-a83d8cb5031a
  5. Disk read errors

Disk read errors: Is Microsoft ever likely to read disks and handle read errors without taking for ever! It's NOT hard. I did this in the early '80s in assembler and I am not even a programmer. It was slow then using floppies and a read error could be taken care of in a few hundred...
  6. Recovering my hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering my hard disk: When creating a USB windows install disk, I confuse my hard disk to mu USB stick and I lost all my data. I have already used Womdersahe recoverit, and easus data recovery. Each has performed recovery, but no file is openable. Can someone help me please?...
  7. My External Hard Drive Is Showing Up In Disk Management But Not Present (Migrated)

My External Hard Drive Is Showing Up In Disk Management But Not Present (Migrated): [ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] Hello All, Thank you in advance for your support. I have had this 1TB IOmega HDD for like 10 years. It worked just fine until about 2016. I had recently moved and didn't really need it so it just kind of hung around the house...
  8. Is my hard disk slow?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is my hard disk slow?: my disk is 5400rpm [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-hard-disk-slow/c70b5c37-e612-4b0a-80f4-884011969e43"
  9. Is my Hard disk is usable

Is my Hard disk is usable: My hard disk recently got corrupted either because of virus/hard disk failure and I had to take the help of professional for recovering my data (luckily I had back up of my system image) but hard disk was not getting detected even in macrium. I have now formatted my hard disk...
  10. Failing hard drive and disk migration

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Failing hard drive and disk migration: Hi All, I hope you are well. I have a laptop with Windows 10 where I suspect the hard drive is failing - Samsung Momentus 750GB I have noticed that because the system is slow and in Task ManagerI can see hard drive working hard 100% most of the time with pretty low...