Windows 10: My computer is not reading my Hard Disk - Error message 'Device Not Migrated'

Discus and support My computer is not reading my Hard Disk - Error message 'Device Not Migrated' in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Tried troubleshooting, updating, reinstalling, etc. but all in vain. I cannot access any of my files neither could I see my hard disk in the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MahendraBhosale, Jul 31, 2020.

1. My computer is not reading my Hard Disk - Error message 'Device Not Migrated'

Tried troubleshooting, updating, reinstalling, etc. but all in vain. I cannot access any of my files neither could I see my hard disk in the file explorer. The hard disk is only appearing in device manager and in Events it is showing 'Device not migrated'

:)

MahendraBhosale, Jul 31, 2020
  2. modder Win User

Disk Read Error

hi,
    look into the bios "hard disk boot priority" and check your first hd.

modder, Jul 31, 2020
  3. paulking Win User
    Hard drive migration problem: Windows gave a strange name to my HD

My device appears to be called: 012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567
    (not my idea My computer is not reading my Hard Disk - Error message 'Device Not Migrated' :)). It is rather distressing, actually, and I am suspicious of a virus (I was without antivirus for a week, but was still behind a firewall). But there are these other problems with this hard drive, mentioned below.

It is my hard drive, a Hitachi, which was migrated from another computer, placed into an external enclosure, and linked to my PC using a USB 3 cable.

I would like to fix whatever it is that is causing these bizarre messages under its "properties" dialog. When there is a message that is different from "this device is working properly", it seems like a red flag.

1. Device install requested
      • Device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\{1835d153-4af3-11e6-9c19-806e6f6e6963}#0000000000007E00 requires further installation.
    2. Device not migrated
    Device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\{1835d153-4af3-11e6-9c19-806e6f6e6963}#0000000000007E00 could not be
    migrated. Last Device Instance Id: SWD\WPDBUSENUM
    \_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_KINGSTON&PROD_DT_HYPERX_3.0&REV_PMAP#AC220B505324BEA1F22F0183&0#
    {53F56307-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B} Class Guid: {EEC5AD98-8080-425F-922A-DABF3DE3F69A} Location Path: Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFF0000F102 Present: false Status: 0xC0000719
    3. Driver service added (WUDFWpdFs)

• Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service WUDFWpdFs for Device Instance ID SWD\WPDBUSENUM\{1835D153-4AF3-11E6-9C19-806E6F6E6963}#0000000000007E00 with the following status: 0.

1. Device installed (wpdfs.inf)

• Driver Management concluded the process to install driver wpdfs.inf_amd64_3baf9736edf2c848\wpdfs.inf for Device Instance ID SWD\WPDBUSENUM\{1835D153-4AF3-11E6-9C19-806E6F6E6963}#0000000000007E00 with the following status: 0x0.

Any ideas what to do here? Please ignore the numbering. I had to set the messages in order of appearance. The numbers before the "Events" don't mean anything.

Paul

paulking, Jul 31, 2020
  4. My computer is not reading my Hard Disk - Error message 'Device Not Migrated'

Disk Read Error

Hey guys,

This morning I restarted my computer, and got this message:

A disk read error occurred.
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.

Am I correct in thinking the harddrive has failed? I've tried reseating it, checked connections etc, and I got a normal POST beep. Do I need a new harddrive, or is there a way I can fix it?

Ben.

Ben Clarke, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

My computer is not reading my Hard Disk - Error message 'Device Not Migrated'

1. My computer is not reading my Hard Disk - Error message 'Device Not Migrated' - Similar Threads - computer reading Hard

2. My external hard drive won't read - device not migrated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external hard drive won't read - device not migrated: Hi - my external harddrive doesn't get picked up. I've tried to follow a few threads but it doesn't work - see screenshot - it says the device not migrated. On disk management- I've tried Uninstalling but it doesn't work.Can anyone help?Thanks...
  3. My external hard drive won't read - device not migrated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My external hard drive won't read - device not migrated: Hi - my external harddrive doesn't get picked up. I've tried to follow a few threads but it doesn't work - see screenshot - it says the device not migrated. On disk management- I've tried Uninstalling but it doesn't work.Can anyone help?Thanks...
  4. My external hard drive won't read - device not migrated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. "device settings not migrated" error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "device settings not migrated" error message: I needed to use a serial port, but got the error message: "PL2303 serial driver retired in 2012". I installed the prolific driver, v. 3.3.2.102, but then got message that "device settings not migrated", and port doesn't work. I'd appreciate any suggestions for a solution, and...
  6. "device settings not migrated" error message

"device settings not migrated" error message: I needed to use a serial port, but got the error message: "PL2303 serial driver retired in 2012". I installed the prolific driver, v. 3.3.2.102, but then got message that "device settings not migrated", and port doesn't work. I'd appreciate any suggestions for a solution, and...
  7. "device settings not migrated" error message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. my hard disk is not dedected in the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my hard disk is not dedected in the computer: The disk is shown in the Disk Management and everything seems healthy, however the path to change drive letter and paths is not shown. Can anyone please support me on this?Many thanks....
  9. my hard disk is not dedected in the computer

my hard disk is not dedected in the computer: The disk is shown in the Disk Management and everything seems healthy, however the path to change drive letter and paths is not shown. Can anyone please support me on this?Many thanks....
  10. My computer not reading my hard disk. Help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer not reading my hard disk. Help?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Faymes1221 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kkzy01/my_computer_not_reading_my_hard_disk_help/