Windows 10: My computer is not recognising me as the administrator.

Discus and support My computer is not recognising me as the administrator. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It says I am until I want to download something then it says I don't have administration rights. what can I do to change this?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jendm12, Sep 16, 2019.

1. jendm12 Win User

My computer is not recognising me as the administrator.

It says I am until I want to download something then it says I don't have administration rights. what can I do to change this?

:)

jendm12, Sep 16, 2019
  2. plaicemat Win User

Not recognised as an administrator on my computer

All now good as far as Administrator is concerned, thanks. Still can't delete these two McAfee files as they still say I require Administrator permission to do this. If I search for these files in the manner you suggest, they are not listed. If I go into
    file explorer/This PC/OS/(C)/Programme Files, there they are and I can't delete them. Any ideas?

plaicemat, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Becoming the administrator on my own computer

Hi Joan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:yes

3. Restart the computer and login to the built-in Administrator account.

4. Delete the account which is not required and make the required account as Administrator.

5. Sign-out from the built-in administrator account and login to the other account which is made as the Administrator and check for status.

After creating a new Administrator account, disable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:no

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 16, 2019
  4. plaicemat Win User

Not recognised as an administrator on my computer

Original title: Administrator enabling Windows 10

I cannot believe how difficult this is or why. All I want to do is uninstall a couple of programmes from my computer and Windows 10 will not allow it because I am not recognised as the administrator on my own computer. Surely, a) it should be enabled so
    I can work with my own computer and b) if it is not, it should only be a case of clicking on an enable button and entering a password. Please, somebody tell me I can do this without three years study and a degree in computer programming.

plaicemat, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

1. My computer is not recognising me as the administrator. - Similar Threads - computer recognising administrator

2. My Windows 10 is not recognising me as administrator so I cannot launch Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 is not recognising me as administrator so I cannot launch Device Manager: I have an ongoing issue: while i am typing with my keyboard it randomly starts to open up several windows mostly stuff under Windows Settings instead of recognising the letters i am typing. This can be fixed temporarily if i press Windows Key + Alt but then later it happens...
  3. No internet and not recognised as administrator.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet and not recognised as administrator.: On returning to my desktop PC this evening I found it was not connected to the internet. When I tried to run the troubleshooter I got the message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. " This...
  4. My computer doesn't recognize me as the administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer doesn't recognize me as the administrator: I am trying to delete a folder but when I do it says "you need permission to preform this action" and "you require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder". I don't understand because this is my computer, is there anything I can do to fix this so I can...
  5. windows 10 not recognising me as administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 not recognising me as administrator: Hi there At the following link: Windows security - app and browser control - reputation-based protection, I find the 'check apps and files' option is greyed out, making it impossible to turn it on since 'this setting is managed by your administrator'. However, I am the...
  6. Windows has stopped recognising me as an administrator in some circumstances

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows has stopped recognising me as an administrator in some circumstances: Windows wouldn't let me delete an empty directory, saying I needed the computers administrator's permission. I am an administrator the administrator, and logged in on a local account. Now I can't run an emulator in Android Studio because it needs to delete some directories...
  7. My PC does not recognise me

My PC does not recognise me: I lost my internet connection but with my provider's help it is now back. But my PC does not recognise me. I get a message saying 'The user profile service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be loaded. I'm writing this through my wife's profile. * Moved from Teams *...
  8. Administrator of my computer is not me. Help!!

Administrator of my computer is not me. Help!!: Can I get some answers from you on a problem? I bought a computer (Baby Dell) from a pawn shop and it has an administrator on it with a password and pin number. I really need to be my own administrator. Is there a fix for this? I can not return it to the pawn....
  9. my computer with windows 10 is not recognizing me as the administrator

my computer with windows 10 is not recognizing me as the administrator: my computer with windows 10 is not recognizing me as the administrator. I have an HP rp5700 with windows 10 and everything was working fine until I tried to add a new tax program last week and I get a prompt with the message that I needed to enter an admin user name and...
  10. how to change the administrator of my computer back to me

in Windows 10 Support
    how to change the administrator of my computer back to me: I registered an Apple id for my husband and made the two of us family members using my desktop. Now my computer has made my husband the administrator of my desktop and I have to sign in with his photo on the screen. He has his own computer. How do I change the Administrator...