Windows 10: My computer is not working because of corrupt files. What do I do?

Discus and support My computer is not working because of corrupt files. What do I do? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was playing Minecraft when I saw that an update was going on in the background. It was taking up too much power from my computer, so I foolishly shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Oozeman, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Oozeman Win User

My computer is not working because of corrupt files. What do I do?

I was playing Minecraft when I saw that an update was going on in the background. It was taking up too much power from my computer, so I foolishly shut it down.

After I shut it down, my computer started acting weird. I thought nothing of it. The search bar wasn't working. The only things that really worked were apps. I closed the computer, and left.

The next day, I come back to the computer. I log in, and the background goes black. The explorer starts flickering, and nothing would work. I looked on how to fix it, and tried an sfc /scannow. The start key didn't work, so I had to go to task manager to open cmd. I used it, and it stopped. I tried to put the computer on safe mode. I succeeded, but now the computer will not accept my passwords and tells me that they are wrong. What can I do?

My best guess is that vital code was corrupted while it was updating.

tldr; My computer is acting weird, nothing works, put computer on safe mode to try sfc /scannow, won't let me in.

:)

Oozeman, Apr 1, 2021

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Apr 1, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Apr 1, 2021
  4. My computer is not working because of corrupt files. What do I do?

Windows corrupt file My computer is not working because of corrupt files. What do I do? :p

That above, especially the latter/2nd system of 6 steps, SHOULD work!

*Smile My computer is not working because of corrupt files. What do I do? :)

* Good luck, let us know how it goes...

APK

Alec§taar, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

My computer is not working because of corrupt files. What do I do?

1. My computer is not working because of corrupt files. What do I do? - Similar Threads - computer working corrupt

2. what do i do if i cant delete files from my computer because it wont let me sign in it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what do i do if i cant delete files from my computer because it wont let me sign in it...: what do i do if i cant delete files from my computer because it wont allow me to sign in it keeps say opps we have a problem refere to account.live.outlook....
  3. what do i do if i cant delete files from my computer because it wont let me sign in it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what do i do if i cant delete files from my computer because it wont let me sign in it...: what do i do if i cant delete files from my computer because it wont allow me to sign in it keeps say opps we have a problem refere to account.live.outlook....
  4. Blue screen, no corrupted files. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen, no corrupted files. What should I do?: At the time of typing this, it's 2:26 am. I was just turning off my computer and it ended up restarting instead due to the blue screen. I ran a sfc and luckily there's no corrupted files, but I'm still worried. I have never encountered a blue screen until now on my Windows 11...
  5. Blue screen, no corrupted files. What should I do?

Blue screen, no corrupted files. What should I do?: At the time of typing this, it's 2:26 am. I was just turning off my computer and it ended up restarting instead due to the blue screen. I ran a sfc and luckily there's no corrupted files, but I'm still worried. I have never encountered a blue screen until now on my Windows 11...
  6. Computer locked because Microsoft account deleted!...what do i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer locked because Microsoft account deleted!...what do i do?: Like last year I added my Microsoft account to my computer and that added a password to the computer , recently I closed that Microsoft account and now my computer is locked and I can't access it [telling me somthing about using correct password for that account ....it is the...
  7. Computer locked because Microsoft account deleted!...what do i do?

Computer locked because Microsoft account deleted!...what do i do?: Like last year I added my Microsoft account to my computer and that added a password to the computer , recently I closed that Microsoft account and now my computer is locked and I can't access it [telling me somthing about using correct password for that account ....it is the...
  8. Computer locked because Microsoft account deleted!...what do i do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Ndis.sys corrupted. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ndis.sys corrupted. What do I do?: Hey! I woke up to my PC today not working anymore. Always when I turn it on, it goes straight to startup repair, and it says it can't fix anything. I tried restarting, turning it off and on again, pressing the continue button, nothing works. Then, I went on to the next...
  10. Windows search not working because of missing or corrupted files. what should i do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search not working because of missing or corrupted files. what should i do?: i looked for solutions online and troubleshooting seems to be screwed too. are there any programs i can use as an alternative or somewhere i can download the missing files from? i don't want to do a re-install as i would lose data that is important to me submitted by...