Windows 10: My computer is not working or responding to anything

Discus and support My computer is not working or responding to anything in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My computer keeps on saying your information is at risk call microsoft when i only downloaded one thing... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Climbingalloy72, Aug 6, 2020.

1. My computer is not working or responding to anything

My computer keeps on saying your information is at risk call microsoft when i only downloaded one thing

:)

Climbingalloy72, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

My computer doesn't respond to anything

Hi Anjiebun,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your computer is not responding at all after logging in.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know if you make any recent changes on the computer prior to this issue?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Corrupt system files.

2. Conflict between third party applications.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode and check if the issue occurs. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2:

If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup
    mode.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    perform SFC (System File Checker) Scan from Safe Mode and check if it helps. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and replace them.

a. Click on Start button and type
    cmd in the search box.

b. Right-click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
    Enter.

Note: Do not close the Command Prompt Window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process is finished.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 6, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Aug 6, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

My computer is not working or responding to anything

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My computer  is not working or responding to anything :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

My computer is not working or responding to anything

1. My computer is not working or responding to anything - Similar Threads - computer working responding

2. My laptop isn't responding to anything?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop isn't responding to anything?: My samsung galaxy book has had this issue before where it doesnt respond to any interactions such as the caps lock, charging light, and power button. I've tried to restart it, boot in safe mode, ctrl alt del. When I got it fixed the first time, I was told it was an issue with...
  3. My laptop isn't responding to anything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop isn't responding to anything?: My samsung galaxy book has had this issue before where it doesnt respond to any interactions such as the caps lock, charging light, and power button. I've tried to restart it, boot in safe mode, ctrl alt del. When I got it fixed the first time, I was told it was an issue with...
  4. My laptop isn't responding to anything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer is stopping to respond.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is stopping to respond.: Over the past couple of weeks, things have been changing on my windows 10 computer.My search bar stopped working, then the Microsoft store stopped responding, then all apps associated with the Microsoft store stopped responding and now Microsoft teams keeps crashing when I...
  6. My computer is stopping to respond.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is stopping to respond.: Over the past couple of weeks, things have been changing on my windows 10 computer.My search bar stopped working, then the Microsoft store stopped responding, then all apps associated with the Microsoft store stopped responding and now Microsoft teams keeps crashing when I...
  7. Cortana doesn't respond to anything

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't respond to anything: Cortana was just doing fine when one day I realized she doesn't respond to ANY command. Whatever I say, my message just reaches her. No reply. If I try to speak using the mic button, Cortana starts to hear, but after just half a second, Cortana stops listening. Some of my...
  8. Cortana doesn't respond to anything

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't respond to anything: Cortana was just doing fine when one day I realized she doesn't respond to ANY command. Whatever I say, my message just reaches her. No reply. If I try to speak using the mic button, Cortana starts to hear, but after just half a second, Cortana stops listening. Some of my...
  9. My computer won't respond to anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer won't respond to anything: Hello, Thanks for taking your time to read this. My HP Labtop Windows 10 which is roughly two weeks old is locked up. It won't respond to anything even when I press the power button or caps lock. I am wondering what I can do. I saw a bunch of articles involving task...
  10. Windows 10 is not responding for anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is not responding for anything: Sometimes I am working on Windows 10,My PC got stuck.Its not opening any program & even not shutdown restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-not-responding-for-anything/7c7481bf-51b0-4107-8a00-cf9efa1fb48b