Windows 10: My computer is now demanding a PIN I never set.

Discus and support My computer is now demanding a PIN I never set. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have always logged into my computer using a password. I never set up a pin. I chose this option at install. Now, it's asking me for a PIN.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by skrigman, Aug 28, 2020.

1. skrigman Win User

My computer is now demanding a PIN I never set.

I have always logged into my computer using a password. I never set up a pin. I chose this option at install.

Now, it's asking me for a PIN. Since I don't have a PIN that I know of, I click "Forgot my Pin" I enter my microsoft account password, and it gives me the option to reset my PIN. Great. Except when I click the button to do that, it thinks for a minute and says

Something went wrong. We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later.

If I click "Skip for now" I'm back to trying to log in -- I'm not actually logged into my account.

If I click "Retry" I get the same "Something went wrong" message.

Now I'm locked out of my PC. Grr.

:)

skrigman, Aug 28, 2020

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 28, 2020
  3. PIN

To resolve this issue with your PIN, follow these step:

• Restart your computer first, then after that, open File Explorer and browse to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder.
    • Go to Settings-> Accounts->Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work going forward.

Let us know how this turns out.

Marque Lor, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

1. My computer is now demanding a PIN I never set. - Similar Threads - computer demanding PIN

2. Computer keep saying pin is required. I never set up a pin in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keep saying pin is required. I never set up a pin in windows 11: Computer keep saying pin is required to sign in. Never set up a pin. Used face recognition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-keep-saying-pin-is-required-i-never-set/17fad9f8-75b3-43d0-b7a8-ddff862b59bd
  3. Computer keep saying pin is required. I never set up a pin in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keep saying pin is required. I never set up a pin in windows 11: Computer keep saying pin is required to sign in. Never set up a pin. Used face recognition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-keep-saying-pin-is-required-i-never-set/17fad9f8-75b3-43d0-b7a8-ddff862b59bd
  4. Hello PIN set to never but no working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello PIN set to never but no working: After the Pc wakes up, it asks for PIN.How to disable this?My "Require sign-in settings" is set to "Never"My "Power options" doesn't have "Require a password on wakeup yes/no"I'm using Windows 10 Home...
  5. Hello PIN set to never but no working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello PIN set to never but no working: After the Pc wakes up, it asks for PIN.How to disable this?My "Require sign-in settings" is set to "Never"My "Power options" doesn't have "Require a password on wakeup yes/no"I'm using Windows 10 Home...
  6. Hello PIN set to never but no working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows is asking for my Hello Pin and I have never set one.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows is asking for my Hello Pin and I have never set one.: This issue is driving me crazy! My Hello Pin is being requested and i have never set it up or added a PIN. YES - i have access to and signed into my Microsoft account and updated my details and passwords, but when i try to access my windows Hello Pin i still have the same...
  8. PIN request - when I never set one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN request - when I never set one: My Windows login started asking for a PIN a few months ago. I always cancelled out of it because I never set one up and didn't want to have to remember another code. But recently, I installed a new version of Office, and it won't let me access Office without a PIN. When I...
  9. Windows10 startup demands I set up PIN, which I already have

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows10 startup demands I set up PIN, which I already have: I'm having a new problem with Windows10 since a recent update. When I logon to my PC, instead of showing an empty PIN field and asking for my PIN, it acts as if I don't have one and asks for my Microsoft password. Then it tells me to create a new PIN. At this point, there...
  10. Windows never let me put in my information and now it’s stuck in a loop of demanding...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows never let me put in my information and now it’s stuck in a loop of demanding...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nolo2gogo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e4137y/windows_never_let_me_put_in_my_information_and/