Windows 10: My computer is only using 1 core, cpu comes with 4.

Discus and support My computer is only using 1 core, cpu comes with 4. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am using the hp elitebook with the intel 8265u processor. The one I have comes with 16gb of ram and 4 cores, but when I’m in task manager, it says I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/red_tupperware, Jul 28, 2020.

1. My computer is only using 1 core, cpu comes with 4.

I am using the hp elitebook with the intel 8265u processor. The one I have comes with 16gb of ram and 4 cores, but when I’m in task manager, it says I am only using one.

I have tried going into msconfig, but when I try to change the boot option, it only shows one core.

How do I fix this?

submitted by /u/red_tupperware
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/red_tupperware, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Rohn007 Win User

(Windows 10) Even after activating all 4 cores, my computer only uses 1.

I'll repeat doug's question, why do you think you are using only one core?

Doug suggested task manager, but actually it depends on the version of Windows you have. In the past Task manager did graphically show you use on the physical and logical cores. But the current version does not.

Instead, in Task Manager > Performance tab, at the bottom of the dialog click on "Resource Monitor" (or just search for and launch Resource Monitor from the start menu). Click on the CPU tab. On the right side of the dialog it shows graphs of CPU use.

For example, I have a dual core CPU with hyperthreading. So I have 4 logical "cpu's".

Rohn007, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Plankton Win User
    ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor

Open up task manager, select performance tab, select cpu.......then look at the bottom right of window. There you will find the info on your cpu......sockets, cores, logical processors and your cache. This is mine....a single processor with 4 cores that has hyper-threading which gives me 8 logical processors.

My computer is only using 1 core, cpu comes with 4. [​IMG]

Plankton, Jul 28, 2020
  4. My computer is only using 1 core, cpu comes with 4.

(Windows 10) Even after activating all 4 cores, my computer only uses 1.

I've tried running all around the internet, searching through forum after forum, and messing around with all sorts of settings, but my computer only uses 1 core. This is especially annoying because I have 4, and I would like to use all of them.

I've already set the cores to 4 in the advanced boot options, but It still only runs 1.

Cause I think these may be important:

Windows 10 Home

Maker: Hewlett-Packard (HP)

Processor: Intel Pentium CPU N3710

System Type: 64-bit OS; x64-based Processor

[Moved from: Windows / Gaming
    on Windows 10
    ]

Copyright_Invalid, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

My computer is only using 1 core, cpu comes with 4.

1. My computer is only using 1 core, cpu comes with 4. - Similar Threads - computer using core

2. CPU Usage on 100% and CPU showing 1 core instead of 4 cores . Please Fix this Issue Immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Usage on 100% and CPU showing 1 core instead of 4 cores . Please Fix this Issue Immediately: CPU Usage on 100% and CPU showing 1 core instead of 4 cores . Please Fix this Issue Immediately Hi, After I updated my windows 11 on 5/12/2022 the device has been really slow was having a lot of lag.it is showing a 100% of CPU usage without doing anything all the time .and...
  3. CPU Usage on 100% and CPU showing 1 core instead of 4 cores . Please Fix this Issue Immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU Usage on 100% and CPU showing 1 core instead of 4 cores . Please Fix this Issue Immediately: After i updated my windows 11 on 5/12/2022 the device has been really slow was having a lot of lag.it is showing a 100% of CPU usage without doing anything all the time . and the CPU is showing only 1 core instead of 4 cores.kindly take this question seriously and please fix...
  4. Default affinity for applications set to only use first 4 cpu cores.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default affinity for applications set to only use first 4 cpu cores.: The title basically says it all. Recently for some reason most processes are launched with a default affinity set in task manager to only use the first 4 processor cores/threads. I have an 8 core 16 thread cpu, so this is utilizing only 1/4 of the CPU and I have noticed a...
  5. Default affinity for applications set to only use first 4 cpu cores.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default affinity for applications set to only use first 4 cpu cores.: The title basically says it all. Recently for some reason most processes are launched with a default affinity set in task manager to only use the first 4 processor cores/threads. I have an 8 core 16 thread cpu, so this is utilizing only 1/4 of the CPU and I have noticed a...
  6. Default affinity for applications set to only use first 4 cpu cores.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My Processor is 4 Cores but I can't use 4 Cores, I am only able to use 1 Core

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Processor is 4 Cores but I can't use 4 Cores, I am only able to use 1 Core: Here you can see in the task manager, it shows cores: 1, but in device manager there are 4 cores. I went to System Configuration and turned on all 4 cores and played Minecraft smoothly, but recently Minecraft started lagging. So I went to the task manager and saw this and...
  8. Windows 10 only shows 1 core on 4 core CPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 only shows 1 core on 4 core CPU: I've had my old Windows 7 AutoCAD machine lying around for a really long time in storage, and I just thought I'd drag it out and clean it up. I erased the hard drives which still had Windows 7 and some of my old school stuff on them and installed Windows 10, only to be...
  9. CPU Affinity defaulting to only using 4/12 cores for all processes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU Affinity defaulting to only using 4/12 cores for all processes.: All processes start with an affinity that only uses the first 4 cores. Is this normal? Any ideas what to look into to find the cause if it is not? I'm using an i9 and an asus motherboard if that helps... Please don't tell me I can set it myself with task manager... that is...
  10. ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor: I don't know a lot about computer hardware or software problems. I run a Dell Inspiron 20 All In One PC. Model 3045. It is a 4 core computer. In the bios and Device Mgr. only shows operating on one core. There is only one item entry. AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon TM) HD...