Windows 10: My computer is picking up internal sounds and playing them through my microphone

Discus and support My computer is picking up internal sounds and playing them through my microphone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer seems to be picking up internal sounds and playing them through my microphone when I am on a video or voice call, resulting in the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeviKeen, Oct 28, 2020.

1. LeviKeen Win User

My computer is picking up internal sounds and playing them through my microphone

My computer seems to be picking up internal sounds and playing them through my microphone when I am on a video or voice call, resulting in the other people being able to hear their own voices as well as any sounds coming from my computer, such as notifications or music.

:)

LeviKeen, Oct 28, 2020

2. Internal mic not picking any sound

Hi,

I have checked my microphone which i found enabled. Also all the devices are shown (Disconnected and disabled).

The Microphone array (internal mic) is set default.

When I check for windows update, no sound driver update is listed in the updates.

PrafullaTayde, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Constant Muting Internal Microphone

Hi Terri,

If the internal microphone of your device is muting on its own, it can be due to an incompatible driver, broken system components or a software conflict has occurred. To isolate your concern, we’d like to confirm if you’ve made some
    changes and updates on your computer prior to the issue.

Additionally, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix any sound issues. Please check this
    article for the instructions and choose from the drop-down list for other troubleshooting
    steps that you can follow.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Louie Del, Oct 28, 2020
  4. StevePYYZ Win User

My computer is picking up internal sounds and playing them through my microphone

no sound plays through internal speakers

I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists
    its location at HDMI port. Suggestions?

StevePYYZ, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

1. My computer is picking up internal sounds and playing them through my microphone - Similar Threads - computer picking internal

2. My microphone picking up all my Pc Sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone picking up all my Pc Sounds: Hello, I have a problem, I have a microphone and a sound card, and in the second sound card I have the microphone, and when I record sound or call my friends, they hear the sound of what I have in my headphones, for example, my game or music...
  3. My microphone picking up all my Pc Sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone picking up all my Pc Sounds: Hello, I have a problem, I have a microphone and a sound card, and in the second sound card I have the microphone, and when I record sound or call my friends, they hear the sound of what I have in my headphones, for example, my game or music...
  4. On Xbox Game Bar my microphone and sound played into it is picked up but not going through...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Xbox Game Bar my microphone and sound played into it is picked up but not going through...: So the other day my windows updated, on the 14/12/22. Since then my microphone is picked up by the game bar and works perfectly fine in game chat, discord and other apps but does not work properly in party chat, the devices set for game chat and discord are the exact same as...
  5. On Xbox Game Bar my microphone and sound played into it is picked up but not going through...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On Xbox Game Bar my microphone and sound played into it is picked up but not going through...: So the other day my windows updated, on the 14/12/22. Since then my microphone is picked up by the game bar and works perfectly fine in game chat, discord and other apps but does not work properly in party chat, the devices set for game chat and discord are the exact same as...
  6. My computer can't pick up sounds from my microphone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer can't pick up sounds from my microphone: Like you've read in the title, my computer can't pick up any sounds from my mic in my headphones. I tried to download audio drivers but it still doesn't work, but when I tried it with my earphones, then everything works fine. I think the problem is with the drivers because I...
  7. My microphone picks up no sound!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone picks up no sound!: To top it off when I right click the volume in the taskbar there is no recording devices present. My microphone is part of a web-cam or a blue-tooth headphone with microphone, I have two recording devices....
  8. (Probably Realtek) Microphone picking up computer sounds but not my voice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Probably Realtek) Microphone picking up computer sounds but not my voice: submitted by /u/Prat3Tears [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1fy8m/probably_realtek_microphone_picking_up_computer/
  9. Microphone Picks Up Sound but it Doesn't Go Through

Microphone Picks Up Sound but it Doesn't Go Through: I have a Dell Ultrabook i5 that runs Windows 10. My mic shows that it's picking up sound when I talk but no one can hear me in Skype calls or Zoom meetings for example, even when I make sure I'm not muted. Is there any way I can fix it? Thanks....
  10. Microphone picks up computer sound

Microphone picks up computer sound: I have recently had a problem where my microphone will take output sounds of my computer such as music or videos and games even when my microphone is not turned on. This seemed to be happening ever since I got my headphones plugged in as I recently built a new computer and...