Windows 10: My Computer is Plugged in but my Battery is not Charging.

Discus and support My Computer is Plugged in but my Battery is not Charging. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro, and for the past two days, all of a sudden, I've noticed that my battery is not charging even though it's been plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DaffyDuckKangaroo, Jan 4, 2019.

1. My Computer is Plugged in but my Battery is not Charging.

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Pro, and for the past two days, all of a sudden, I've noticed that my battery is not charging even though it's been plugged in. I restarted the computer a few times, shut it off, unplugged it, but still the problem exists.

I've noticed there've been automatic updates from Lenovo Vantage, including something from Intel, but I think the no-charging problem started before these downloads.

I have a Thinkpad X270.

I found this on the web, but it says to uninstall battery and I'm afraid to do that.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-fix-a-windows-10-laptop-thats-plugged-in-but-not-charging/

Can anyone help?

Happy New Year.

Thanks,

Daffy D

:)

DaffyDuckKangaroo, Jan 4, 2019
  2. Graydrake Win User

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Jan 4, 2019
  3. curt jugg Win User
    New battery not charging

I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 laptop (which is three and a half years old) with its original battery. As the battery is not holding the charge for as long as it used to I decided to replace it. I inserted he new battery, which already showed a charge of 60%, and let it run down to the point when the laptop turned itself off. However, when I tried to recharge the battery, the battery icon showed "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I contacted the supplier of the battery and they sent me a new one. This showed an initial charge of 93% so, in view of my problem with the previous battery, I decided to try and charge it up to full capacity before letting it run down. But as soon as I tried this the battery icon showed "93% available, plugged in, not charging". So I unplugged the charger and again let the battery run down until the computer turned itself off. I plugged the charger in again but then got "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I have no problem charging the old battery, so can anyone please suggest what the problem might be? I have tried taking out the battery and unplugging the charger and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, but this hasn't worked. Grateful for any advice.

curt jugg, Jan 4, 2019
  4. My Computer is Plugged in but my Battery is not Charging.

Battery: plugged in, not charging

I have Lenovo Thinkpad T440p. I am having the same issue. Then i followed the steps that you said as wel as the step the following video.
    . . After i shut down the laptop, I put back the battery, I tried powering on, but the Laptop did not start. Then i left the computer connected to plug in
    leaving the battery inside. Then after sometime when I tried switching on, it worked. The sign showed the battery is connected and taking charge as well. After sometime, The battery stopped charging and the computer stopped detecting the plug in. Please help!

Fahad Alam, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

My Computer is Plugged in but my Battery is not Charging.

1. My Computer is Plugged in but my Battery is not Charging. - Similar Threads - Computer Plugged Battery

2. my battery is not charging when plugged in.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my battery is not charging when plugged in.: My battery is not charging when plugged in. I have an Dell Inspiron R17 N7010, with Windows 10. It runs OK when plugged in, but does not charge the battery....
  3. battery not charging, plugged in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    battery not charging, plugged in: battery not charging, plugged in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging-plugged-in/88491c52-331c-44b9-b54f-e250c0d5d1e9
  4. Battery not charging. Plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging. Plugged in, not charging: Hello, I am using HP pavilion 360 , it has been months since the message is reading "plugged in, not charging" and now the percentage has decreased to 75%. I have tried to reinstall Microsoft ACPI- Complaint Control Method Battery but it didn't work. Now what should I do?...
  5. Battery plugged in, not charging

Battery plugged in, not charging: I have my USB-C charging cable plugged into the charging port of my laptop. However, the batter icon on my bottom right says (when I moused over it) "5% available (plugged in, not charging). Can't solve this issue. Anyone with solution ? I am on Window 10 Pro, ThinkPad X1...
  6. Battery plugged in but not charging.

Battery plugged in but not charging.: I have recently noticed that the battery on my Dell Laptop, which runs on Windows 10. (64 bit) is not charging and displays the note "plugged in but not charging. I have read a number of possible easy solutions, none of which seem to work. The adapter and leads etc seem to be...
  7. Battery plugged in but not charging my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery plugged in but not charging my laptop: Battery plugged in but not charging my laptop, any explanation for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery/ced9598d-1a20-4e3f-b264-560f33195649
  8. battery plugged in not charging

battery plugged in not charging: My battery won't charge. Says plugged in not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/battery-plugged-in-not-charging/88e70d57-e863-4a95-8925-9bf98ee0aa69
  9. battery plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery plugged in but not charging: Status on laptop shows battery plugged in but not charging (battery is at 80%). When I disconnect the mains, the laptop shuts down....
  10. my battery is plugged in but it says not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    my battery is plugged in but it says not charging: my battery is plugged in but it says not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-battery-is-plugged-in-but-it-says-not-charging/208669e3-cde4-48ec-8950-3968843463e4