Windows 10: My computer is randomly logging me out while I'm using it

Discus and support My computer is randomly logging me out while I'm using it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've downloaded all updates, turned system settings, power & sleep screen timeout, to never and ran a virus scan which was clear but it is still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jo-AnneLowe, Jul 24, 2020.

1. My computer is randomly logging me out while I'm using it

I've downloaded all updates, turned system settings, power & sleep screen timeout, to never and ran a virus scan which was clear but it is still happening.

Any suggestions

:)

Jo-AnneLowe, Jul 24, 2020
  2. jstevo115 Win User

computer randomly signing me out?

my computer has randomly signed me out as i have left to do something ect. ive walked away for 20 secs to find my PC has logged me out and closed down all running apps. heres my EV.

jstevo115, Jul 25, 2020
  3. My computer is randomly logging me out while I'm using it

Hi

My name is Bernard and hopefully, this will help answer your question, I actually have the same problem as before, for now what we need to do is to calibrate the software to make sure it can provide you the maximum performance, follow the steps below and I
    hope this will help you.

Method 1. Do clean boot:

A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.

- In the search box on the taskbar, type msconfig and select System Configuration from the results.

- On the Services tab of System Configuration, select Hide all Microsoft services, and then select Disable all.

- On the Startup tab of System Configuration, select Open Task Manager.

- Under Startup in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then select Disable.

- Close Task Manager.

- On the Startup tab of System Configuration, select OK. When you restart the computer, it's in a clean boot environment.

troubleshooting reference:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135...

Method 2. Run memory diagnostic tool: Memory diagnostic tool is a RAM test to check if there is any issues with RAM.

- Press Windows key + R then type in mdsched.exe hit OK then restart the device.

Method 3. Set the PC to best performance:

Press windows key + Pause/Break (or go to file explorer and right click This PC and click properties)

click on Advanced system settings> Under Performance click settings> Click Adjust for best performance and click OK

Note: this will reduce all appearance settings you have but will optimize the performance of the PC.

If none will work from the above solution I suggest to do an in-place upgrade wherein it will upgrade the device to the latest version and repair all issues without deleting any files.

Note: before doing this make sure to create a restore point:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-hk/help/402753...

1. go to this link:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

2. Select Download tool, and select Run. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.

3. On the License terms page, if you accept the license terms, select Accept.

4. On the What do you want to do? page, select Upgrade this PC now, and then select Next.

5. After downloading and installing, it should fix the issue.

Reference:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Note: if you receive error: “This Pc can’t be upgrade, follow the steps below”

Method 1. Go to C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther then delete the file name compatscancache.dat

Then try again or reboot the PC first then try again.

You might not see the folder as it is hidden, make sure to show hidden files first.

Let me know how does it goes and I hope that helps.

Bernard

Independent Advisor

Lester BernardReyes, Jul 25, 2020
  4. My computer is randomly logging me out while I'm using it

Computer logs me out of Windows and goes to sleep randomly

My Dell computer has started logging me out of Windows 10 and shutting down completely randomly. This is not after inactivity, I am often typing something. It restarts when I press the power button and log in and then takes me back to where I was. This
    was happening a lot, then for several weeks not at all and suddenly started again today. I have done a full scan recently so there is no obvious virus problem. Any thoughts?

DeborahJHicks, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

My computer is randomly logging me out while I'm using it

1. My computer is randomly logging me out while I'm using it - Similar Threads - computer randomly logging

2. my computer has logged me out and won’t let me back in??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer has logged me out and won’t let me back in??: so i was holding the ctrl button and whoopsie, then it told me to put it into safe mode in word so i did thinking nothing of it then evrything went really weird and wouldn’t work, so i googled how to turn it off and i went to the window R, then boot and accidentally turned it...
  3. my computer has logged me out and won’t let me back in??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer has logged me out and won’t let me back in??: so i was holding the ctrl button and whoopsie, then it told me to put it into safe mode in word so i did thinking nothing of it then evrything went really weird and wouldn’t work, so i googled how to turn it off and i went to the window R, then boot and accidentally turned it...
  4. My computer is randomly logging me out while I'm using it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is randomly logging me out while I'm using it: I've downloaded all updates, turned system settings, power & sleep screen timeout, to never and ran a virus scan which was clear but it is still happening....
  5. My computer is randomly logging me out while I'm using it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is randomly logging me out while I'm using it: I've downloaded all updates, turned system settings, power & sleep screen timeout, to never and ran a virus scan which was clear but it is still happening....
  6. Computer randomly locks while using it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly locks while using it: My PC has started to randomly lock/sleep while using it. This is in the middle of typing/moving the mouse. This is after the resent set of updates. I have checked my CPU temps and they are fine, and it is a desktop. This has happened while playing Resident Evil on Xbox...
  7. Locks me out while in use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Locks me out while in use: Yesterday I got locked out for the first time while in use and it has been happening quite a few times since. Ive ran a power troubleshoot and found nothing wrong and I have my display adapters fully upgraded which were the 2 methods recommended to me but it still seems to be...
  8. computer locks while i'm using it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer locks while i'm using it: While I am working, my computer screen turns blue & says "locking" for about 2 seconds then shuts off. I am able to cut it right back on. No clue what this is. I'm on Windows 10 on my laptop. Thank you!...
  9. Random BSOD's while using computer

Random BSOD's while using computer: Hello, recently my laptop has been crashing. I had a few BSOD's about a week ago and one today. The crashes are seemingly random. Sometimes it crashes when I'm watching youtube, sometimes when I'm browsing reddit. I haven't downloaded any new drivers or anything so I don't...
  10. Random BSOD's while using computer driving me nuts.

Random BSOD's while using computer driving me nuts.: Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my post! Please see attached the Minidumps that were collected after running dm_log_collector.exe Computer specs I expect should be visible in my profile. In case I missed some crucial information, let me know and I'll...