Windows 10: My computer is running at 100% disk a lot and it is usually the SQL server Window NT 32...

Discus and support My computer is running at 100% disk a lot and it is usually the SQL server Window NT 32... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My memory runs around 70%, but the disk routinely hovers around 100%. It just recently started doing that, it was fine for the last year and a half.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jensen, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Jensen Win User

My computer is running at 100% disk a lot and it is usually the SQL server Window NT 32...

My memory runs around 70%, but the disk routinely hovers around 100%. It just recently started doing that, it was fine for the last year and a half.

:)

Jensen, Aug 21, 2020
  2. spapakons Win User

Are you still running SQL Server 2005? Time to Upgrade.

Hello!

I have an computer running my old ERP program which was based on Microsoft SQL Server 2005. After upgrading from Windows 8.1 32-bit to Windows 10 32-bit it has some difficulties connecting to the database and launching the ERP application (user not found in base error). How can I safely upgrade to Microsoft SQL 2014? I installed the Upgrade Advisor and got a report, how do I proceed with the upgrade? Could I just download the Microsoft SQL Express 2014 and install it? Anything else to do?

Thank you in advance

EDIT: Solved! Found the culprit!

The computer has a small 80GB hard disk which was almost full with about 2-3GB free space. So I compressed the disk and now has about 15GB free. Except I unknowingly introduced an incompatibility! Microsoft SQL server doesn't work properly from a compressed folder. I had downloaded the Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express and run it. Then I chose upgrade and it analyzed my current database before upgrading. Here was were I informed that I could not upgrade a compressed folder and was prompted to select another uncompressed folder. I immediately quitted the setup and proceeded to expand the "Microsoft SQL Server", "Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition" folders and the EPR application folder. I restarted the computer and now it worked at once without any complain!

So anybody else having problems connecting to your SQL database, first make sure the Microsoft SQL Server folder in Program Files and any other relevant folders are NOT compressed!

Thank you for your time to read this.

spapakons, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    SQL Server + Python — What’s new

Source: SQL Server + Python s new | SQL Server Blog

Brink, Aug 21, 2020
  4. My computer is running at 100% disk a lot and it is usually the SQL server Window NT 32...

SQL Server

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. Prior to the upgrade, I had Windows 8. Sometimes the Microsoft SQL Server would stop running and I was able to find find the SQL server tools and start it running again. I cannot find the tool on Windows 10 and am having
    issues with opening my CRM. Any suggestions?

RichardDavis2150, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

My computer is running at 100% disk a lot and it is usually the SQL server Window NT 32...

1. My computer is running at 100% disk a lot and it is usually the SQL server Window NT 32... - Similar Threads - computer running 100%

2. License for Windows Server and SQL Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    License for Windows Server and SQL Server: Hi,I have question regarding the license.Windows server running on VMBased on my knowledge, license on VM is required but how many core can I assign for the VM's.SQL server running on VMDoes SQL also required certain license running on VM's ? Or I can just go with the...
  3. SQL server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SQL server: After upgrading the OS from Win 10 to Win 11 home edition the SQL doesn't work any more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server/1c360899-de1f-4c76-ae53-cd415ef46ac1
  4. SQL server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL server: After upgrading the OS from Win 10 to Win 11 home edition the SQL doesn't work any more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server/1c360899-de1f-4c76-ae53-cd415ef46ac1
  5. Random shut down running SQL server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random shut down running SQL server: I have a computer that just sits and runs a SQL server for Credit Cards. This machine has been running since 2014 with no problems. I noticed in the beginning of the month that the machine was shutting down and I would have to restart the database gui. I seen that my intel...
  6. Disk running at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk running at 100%: Good day I read through a lot of discussions about above mentioned subject. I have a HP I5 7th gen laptop 2GB nvidia 940mx 8GB Ram 1TB HDD Windows 10 I have spent a lot of hours on trying to fix the 100% disk usage issue. From what i can remember i did the...
  7. sqlservr.exe SQL Server Windows NT - 64 Bit very high memory usage

sqlservr.exe SQL Server Windows NT - 64 Bit very high memory usage: System process sqlservr.exe have often an CPU usage above %60. But there seems to be no reason..... sqlservr.exe SQL Server Windows NT - 64 Bit What could I do to determine and resolve this High CPU usage problem ? Thank you...
  8. Why is my disk running at 100%?

Why is my disk running at 100%?: Task manager is showing disk usage at 100% but none of the processes are running more than .1 MB of usage on a terra-byte drive. What's going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-disk-running-at-100/05adee76-2b76-4ae9-be7c-16b45e659e65
  9. disk usually 100% in Task manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    disk usually 100% in Task manager: Hello my Disk is usually 100% in Task manager, please see below screenshot: [img] how i can disable all application in startup? if i set app in startup its enough? or there is any option for disable app in disk also? cause i see few app they are disabled in...
  10. Windows 10 pretty much usually at 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 pretty much usually at 100% disk usage: This is a different computer with a new installation. My computer comes to a halt. I will click on something and have to wait awhile before the program begins. I will open a window and wait until it opens. I click close and the window remains there and finally closes a bit...