Windows 10: my computer is saying it has been locked and is displaying the Error # DT00X2.

Discus and support my computer is saying it has been locked and is displaying the Error # DT00X2. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; All of the virus scans say nothing is wrong.I It is an InPrivate tab and all attempts to close it have failed. What do I do?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FrankNelson2, Oct 12, 2018.

1. my computer is saying it has been locked and is displaying the Error # DT00X2.

All of the virus scans say nothing is wrong.I It is an InPrivate tab and all attempts to close it have failed. What do I do?

:)

FrankNelson2, Oct 12, 2018

2. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Lock Screen Dims (Brightness Auto Reduce at Lock Screen)

Hi,

Since you're having an issue with the brightness of your Lock Screen, we suggest uninstalling the display adapter from the Device Manager. Just follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate and expand Display adapter.
    • Right-click on the display device and click uninstall.

Note: Please restart your computer after performing the steps above.

If the issue persists, download and install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer's website.

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Oct 12, 2018
  4. my computer is saying it has been locked and is displaying the Error # DT00X2.

Ads displayed in Lock Screen

Hi Subhadeep,

Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen.
    To turn off Windows Spotlight, go to Settings, clickPersonalization,
    select Lock screen, under Background select a different lock screen background.

To avoid messages on your lock screen, you can consider the following:

• Make sure that the "Get fun facts, etc" on your Settings is turned off.
    • Disable “suggestions” that appear as notifications. To do so, follow these steps go to
      Settings, then select System, then click
      Notifications & actions
      and turnoff “Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what’s new and
      suggested”.
    • Disable “tips, tricks, and suggestions”. Head to Settings then select
      System, then click Notifications & Actions and disable the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

my computer is saying it has been locked and is displaying the Error # DT00X2.

1. my computer is saying it has been locked and is displaying the Error # DT00X2. - Similar Threads - computer saying has

2. Error message saying my computer has been locked up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message saying my computer has been locked up: Error message saying my computer has been locked up. Is this a scam or not. Please advice me what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-saying-my-computer-has-been-locked/af0c33ff-56b7-41c0-9868-7f6cd3498719
  3. Error message saying my computer has been locked up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message saying my computer has been locked up: Error message saying my computer has been locked up. Is this a scam or not. Please advice me what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-saying-my-computer-has-been-locked/af0c33ff-56b7-41c0-9868-7f6cd3498719
  4. Error message saying my computer has been locked up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. My computer has been locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been locked: My computer has been locked saying that a virus has been detected also saying that somebody has accessed my IP address and potentially is using it for identity fraud is the number one eight eight nine 270786 a legitimate number to call for Microsoft support...
  6. My computer has been locked

My computer has been locked: My computer has been locked saying that a virus has been detected also saying that somebody has accessed my IP address and potentially is using it for identity fraud is the number one eight eight nine 270786 a legitimate number to call for Microsoft support...
  7. My computer says it has been disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer says it has been disabled: I need help with my laptop pleaseIt says it’s been disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-it-has-been-disabled/ea62a8a7-8e6b-49ba-9b63-dacde319b661
  8. My computer says it has been disabled

My computer says it has been disabled: I need help with my laptop pleaseIt says it’s been disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-it-has-been-disabled/ea62a8a7-8e6b-49ba-9b63-dacde319b661
  9. My computer says it has been disabled

10. error#dt00x2

error#dt00x2: how to remove error #dt00x2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/errordt00x2/c74af6fd-7c81-4b79-89dd-b928c4569d49"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your computer was locked error dt00x2

2. error #DT00X2

3. windows screen has locked image displaying have i been hacked

4. microsoft error code dt00x2,
  5. error # dt00x2 your computer is lock,
  6. your computer was locked error dt00x2 delete manually